ImageImageImage

Finals Game 3 : Celtics @ Lakers - Tuesday, June 10th (2-0)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,472

Post#701 » by AlCelticFan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:50 am

Basically we lost because Pierce and KG played WAAAYYY below their norms. It was like they were under a spell. Kg makes those jumpers. Those are his shots. Just not tonight :)
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#702 » by mr_sunshine » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:09 am

The refs were pretty bad tonight. LA got a lot of ticky tack calls called on us, and we didn't **** called. With that said we played pretty well on defense still, but our offense was horrid. Pierce couldn't get anything going because of 2 bad calls on him, but he was hesitant. He had a few open looks early where he didn't just let it rip. He pump faked and tried to drive and it didn't work.

KG played soft tonight on the offensive end. He didn't drive, and rarely posted. He was playing on the perimeter and couldn't get anything towards the basket. He needs to get some easy looks close in next game because he can dominate Pau. Honestly, his jumper is off and he needs to get SOMETHING going. Hopefully Doc tells him to stop being a pussy. I mean he started the series going the hope and was 6/9 with 16 points in the first half and has been nearly non-existent since that point! What changed?

The real turning point in the game was when Rondo went down. House didn't really do much at all. He missed wide open shots, didn't drive, and didn't really run the offense. He deferred to Ray which worked out okay for a while, but then Ray, too, went away in the fourth. I think he shot like four times? That's just unacceptable when you enter the period 5/5 on 3s! Case in point someone needed to step up, and no one did!

Another thing was that LA got a lot of lucky bounces. There were quite a few plays that we had them up in the air off-balance and they just threw the ball wildly and it went to a teammate. Or shots that went long off the rim right to them such as Lamar's near half court heave after House tipped it back court

And you know despite all this, we had a shot to win! This makes me very confident for Game 4 knowing that we've basically shutdown Pau and Lamar in all three games so far, and in this game everyone sucked except for Ray, yet we were still hanging in there until the last few minutes! I expect a win in Game 4 and possibly 5. Definitely one of the two, and then back home to close it out. Let's get this ****!
heyjohnny
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#703 » by heyjohnny » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:48 am

Is Rondo out next game?
omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Post#704 » by omegatronic3 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:53 am

you guys played terrible and were still in it at the end. Pierce was non existant and KG was off. You held the Lakers to 80 something which is pretty good. Your shots werent falling though.The difference was guys like Brown werent hitting this game but the lakers were.

Gotta bring it for game 4 though...i hope doc complains about the refs this game like jackson did last game.

If you play the same D and a just hit a few more shots then you got game 4.
eatyourchildren
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#705 » by eatyourchildren » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:01 am

Spin Move wrote:We just played badly for 3/4ths of this game, we need to counter the Kobe on Rondo thing in some way, Posting of Derrick Fischer seems like a good way to do that to me. If a few balls bounced the other way, we would have won this game a couple of rebounds bounced right to Gasol at key times, we can win game 4.

We weren't going to sweep them with Kobe, the refs were doing a makeup job for the press coverage of last game. I am not to worried, we lose game 4 I start to sweat.

Who would you post on DFish? Ray Allen doesn't have a good back-to-basket game
ugkfan2681" wrote: wrote: i dont take **** lightly im from the land of the trill home of the rockets RESPECT OK.
DieselCeltic
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#706 » by DieselCeltic » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:55 am

My eyes were hurting watching that game last night. KG and PP having the worst game this season. Seems like KG and PP just didn't show up last night. Ray Allen was the only one playing good from them big 3.

KG will not get his RING if he ever plays like that again. Same goes for Pierce.

I hope to god Cassell gets shipped during offseason. I don't want him wearing that green uniform. Why does he feel like he has to take a jumper every time he gets the ball. Is Doc scared to tell him to share the **** ball for once.

Doc needs to be a MAN and put House instead of Cassell. Let him whine and cry all he wants. If he doesn't like it F-OFF Sammy go play with someone else and ruin their team.

I don't understand why for the most part Kobe was guarded only by one player. Double him. Even if you double him chances are he will score. But Ray Allen cannot defend Kobe. That's a fact.

We could of, should of won that game. Considering KG and PP had off nights and we still were in the game and almost won I can't feel bad.

Lakers fans don't expect KG and PP to suck again. KG will explode in game 4 I can feel it, so will PP.

Sasha Vujacic played out of his mind. The kid is a helluva player. Their bench is a lot better than ours I have to admit that, we all do.

advice for doc:

Game 4: Be a man and don't put Cassell in the game. Let him whine all he wants. He can't force you to give him minutes.

Double Kobe. Put Ray Allen and Pierce on him at all times and let other guys beat you.

If healthy bring back Tony Allen and let him abuse Sasha on defensive end.

Bring on House when Rondo is getting his rest. The guy deserves to shine in the playoffs.

Tell Perkins to take a **** chillpill and not look so damn stupid all the time if he gets fouled.

Play Big Baby Davis and Powe together and see how that works out.

We need to close down their shooters Radmanovic and Vujacic. Can't give them too much space.

For Cleveland fans: I don't want to hear another **** word about LeBron being better than Kobe.

I don't like the guy AT ALL but he's one bad motha. True baller. Got every single skill that Jordan has. He is Jordan 2.0 in my mind. He deserves to be the MVP.

LeBron is really really good but still not on Kobe's level. Will he ever be ?? Maybe but probably not. LeBron can't shoot.

DID I SAY NO MORE SAM **** C0CKSELL.
Al-Haqq
Starter
And1: 1

Post#707 » by Al-Haqq » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 am

Every game that happens next is the most important game of their lives. Now the most important game of their life is Game 4!

Let's go Celtics!!!!!
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#708 » by Athanacropolis » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:40 pm

Al-Haqq wrote:Every game that happens next is the most important game of their lives. Now the most important game of their life is Game 4!

Let's go Celtics!!!!!

Great post Al-Haqq! No way Pierce and Garnett come out flat like that again. I hope to see more Eddie, more defense, and hopefully the Lakers' big three (whoever the reffing crew is) has an off night, and Lakers running into Celtics at full speed and praying for a whistle doesn't happen at crucial moments again.

Seriously, when Fisher lowered his head and ran into I think Eddie as fast as he could, sending them both bouncing away like pinballs, I almost had an embolism when it was a foul on Boston. :crazy:
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#709 » by mr_sunshine » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:03 pm

Athanacropolis wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Seriously, when Fisher lowered his head and ran into I think Eddie as fast as he could, sending them both bouncing away like pinballs, I almost had an embolism when it was a foul on Boston. :crazy:

Yeah, I was livid at that call. Especially since about 2 possessions earlier Paul picked up his 5th foul on a BS "charge" and then this play where Fish just plowed through him was called a block.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#710 » by Kefa461 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:49 pm

So the Lakers finally beat us after 5 tries this year........the C's will adjust. C's had this one too. Next one is ours....... 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#711 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:23 pm

mr_sunshine wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, I was livid at that call. Especially since about 2 possessions earlier Paul picked up his 5th foul on a BS "charge" and then this play where Fish just plowed through him was called a block.

:nod: Agreed
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
lkrdynsty
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#712 » by lkrdynsty » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:23 pm

good game yall

refs helped us out some but they helped yall out some as well

i know everyone is complaining how pp and kg had bad games but so did lamar and gasol so they all cancelled each other out

im sure the refs will make it 2-2 then the real series will began once the nba guarentees it $$$

good luck next game
this is a new beginning
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#713 » by Truthiracy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:08 pm

LucerneStDoggz wrote:I have a feeling we lose game 3 but win game 4, I hope I'm wrong and we sweep though (obviously).

Beat LA

Props to Self for being right
Debate the Conspiracy master on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/truthiracy3

Return to Boston Celtics