ImageImageImage

Game 4 Victory Cigar AMAZING COMEBACK

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who gets the Cigar?

Ray
59%
Paul
32%
Scalabrine
9%

Total votes: 102

mainevent3405
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#81 » by mainevent3405 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Actually I vote for Eddie House. Many may not understand this, but Eddie was THE key to me. Terrific defense (did I just say that?), timely shooting and handled the point VERY well in the clutch.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#82 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Cyclical wrote:Another great pic...

(picture)

Lol at Paul's face. :rofl:

"Oh damn, he got me right in the nuts!"
I love heinsohn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#83 » by I love heinsohn » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:37 pm

mainevent3405 wrote:Actually I vote for Eddie House. Many may not understand this, but Eddie was THE key to me. Terrific defense (did I just say that?), timely shooting and handled the point VERY well in the clutch.

Great blog on House's performance here:
It's the Lakers' Court, but it's the Celtics' House

June 13, 2008 1:53 AM

"Kobe," says Celtic Coach Doc Rivers, "might be the best help defender since Pippen."

In the first quarter, that reality was a grave problem for the Celtics.

Rajon Rondo was not having his best night, and Kobe Bryant was leaving Rondo at will to harass other Celtics. Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce did not enjoy the attention, and combined to shoot one of seven as the Lakers went up by 22.

It is hard to imagine a better recipe for the Lakers. So the Celtics changed the ingredients.

Rivers peered down his bench and called for #50.

Eddie House has been moving around the NBA for eight years. He has never been a pivotal part of a big-time team. Boston started the season with a depleted bench, and the reason House was available was because he had something of a reputation as a guy who believes every shot he takes is a good shot. He is not known as a passer. He's no threat to get a triple double, nor will he ever win defensive player of the year.

Left open, however, Eddie House can shoot. If he could hit a few shots, Kobe Bryant just might stay standing by House, insteading of ransacking the village known as the Celtics' offense.

When House first checked into the game, the script was scrambled. His defense was perfectly good. He was extremely active and gave up nothing easy. And he was more effective than Rondo had been initiating the offense.

But, House did not nail those open shots, sinking just one of four. He missed both of his open three-pointers in the first half.

How could this be? Eddie House was not himself. This was the big stage. All the world watching. A team down 18, needing inspired point guard play. Opportunity coarsed through his veins. And all the man needed to do was the thing that he was born to do.

Shoot.

So what did he do at halftime? "I had a masseuse kind of rub my shoulders at halftime, to just kind of loosen me up," he says. "My shoulders were a little tense. Just got a little rubdown, got relaxed, and then when I got the same shots that I had in the first half I knocked them down."

In warmups after halftime, he hit about 17-20 three-pointers. Things were looking up.

In the second half, he was left open for three-pointers twice, and nailed both. He also nailed the all-important 18-foot jumper with 4:07 left that gave Boston their first lead of the game, and big psychological lift.

Most importantly, in the second half, Bryant honored House as a shooter by staying near him, and Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett both capitalized by combining to shoot 8-14 in the second half, and the Celtics mounted their historic comeback.

During Eddie House's time on the floor, the Celtics outscored the Lakers by 20 points -- giving House the best +/- of any player in the game.

"If I was the coach of the Celtics," says ESPN's Dr. Jack Ramsay, "I'd give the game ball to Eddie House."
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-32-314/It-s-the-Lakers--Court--but-it-s-the-Celtics--House.html

Does the Celtics masseuse get a ring if the team wins one more game? :rofl:
sprash9802
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,321

Post#84 » by sprash9802 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:45 pm

BTW, can we , from next season on, also have a thread titled 'plate of crow' for each game? It would be for opposing team fans and some of us ourselves who give up on this team. And yes, I will be a candidate for one daily ;)

And as far as the cigar, give it to the team and the fans of New England as a whole.And plates of crow to all the guys on the general board who came up with all those excuses as to why this is not a championship team. And plates of crow to all those experts who picked against us in EVERY series. And finally, please reserve the last plate for yours truly. My fork and knife are raring to go ;)
'Mate, you just dropped the World Cup'
-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#85 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:10 pm

sprash9802 wrote:BTW, can we , from next season on, also have a thread titled 'plate of crow' for each game? It would be for opposing team fans and some of us ourselves who give up on this team. And yes, I will be a candidate for one daily ;)

And as far as the cigar, give it to the team and the fans of New England as a whole.And plates of crow to all the guys on the general board who came up with all those excuses as to why this is not a championship team. And plates of crow to all those experts who picked against us in EVERY series. And finally, please reserve the last plate for yours truly. My fork and knife are raring to go ;)

I really wish I could go onto other team boards and let them have it without getting banned.
Celts09
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#86 » by Celts09 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:45 am

RAY IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics