ImageImageImage

Finals Game 5 : Celtics @ Lakers - Sunday, June 15th (3-1)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#21 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:19 pm

^^And the best Father's Day gift for me, too, who remembers the '86 series, cried when Magic hit the skyhook in '87, and is still livid at that blown travelling call on McHale in the '88 ECF that screwed the C's out of yet another rematch with the Lakers.

LET'S DO IT!!!!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#22 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:46 pm

lol. listening the colin cowherd on espn radio right now. he says he has about 80 emails from lakers fans blaming the officials or phil jackson for losing the game. lol. anyone else listening? its priceless. they have no reason to complain about the refs. we were getting raped in the first half. the 2nd half was fairly officiated & look what happened.

i guess for laker fans that fair officiating is unfair. refs that favor LA is fair for laker fans.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#23 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:53 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:lol. listening the colin cowherd on espn radio right now. he says he has about 80 emails from lakers fans blaming the officials or phil jackson for losing the game. lol. anyone else listening? its priceless. they have no reason to complain about the refs. we were getting raped in the first half. the 2nd half was fairly officiated & look what happened.

i guess for laker fans that fair officiating is unfair. refs that favor LA is fair for laker fans.

Laker FTs: 29, Celtic FTs: 28

Even. And though there were some questionable calls in the 1st quarter, I do think this and Game 1 were the best officiated games of the series.

So Laker fans need to get over it...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#24 » by Dirty Water » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:55 pm

As much as I would love to see us win #17 in Boston, it would be great to close it out in Game 5 in LA. A fitting end to all the media who said Lakers in 5 and a slap in the face to their ridiculous pipe dreams.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#25 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Ghost of the Garden wrote:As much as I would love to see us win #17 in Boston, it would be great to close it out in Game 5 in LA. A fitting end to all the media who said Lakers in 5 and a slap in the face to their ridiculous pipe dreams.

We have our foot on their throat...time to stomp and kill 'em, don't give them any life!!

End it in LA!!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Pass277
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Pass277 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:19 pm

The lakers are hurting right now we have stabbed them three times. I think we need to get at them early and deliver the finishing blow. How great would it be to win in front of LA fans! Last nights game reminded me of the comeback vs the Nets although this was obviously a much bigger stage.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#27 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Pass277 wrote:The lakers are hurting right now we have stabbed them three times. I think we need to get at them early and deliver the finishing blow. How great would it be to win in front of LA fans! Last nights game reminded me of the comeback vs the Nets although this was obviously a much bigger stage.

We've won a lot of championships on LA's floor, would be nice to do it again! GO CELTS!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#28 » by greenbeans » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:38 pm

the boys aint coming back to Boston to play ball. theyre coming back for the duck boats!!
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:43 pm

kinda off topic, but didnt wanna start a new thread, but has anyone made their own personalized "split-face" pic like the nba is using with the players? you know the ones where the screen is split right down the middle. anyone did that w/a pic of yourself?

i was bored earlier & made one w/me & KG haha. turned out better than i thought considering i used paint to do it.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#30 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:59 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:kinda off topic, but didnt wanna start a new thread, but has anyone made their own personalized "split-face" pic like the nba is using with the players? you know the ones where the screen is split right down the middle. anyone did that w/a pic of yourself?

i was bored earlier & made one w/me & KG haha. turned out better than i thought considering i used paint to do it.

Post!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
P2
Banned User

Post#31 » by P2 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:00 pm

WARNING! ESPN will be licking the Lakers' butts if they win Game 5.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:03 pm

i'll post mine if sum1 else makes one. i dont want to be the only one who makes a pathetic attempt at it.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#33 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Yeah agreed that espn will be all over the lakers if they win game 5.

SAS: And the LA LAKERS are back in this series!!!
Skip: Well it is Kevin GarNOT's fault.
Wilbon: Ya see, this is what I told you. KOBE KOBE KOBE.

Legler: I am still right you mother **** kobe homers.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:10 pm

warning. the nba will do jus bout all it can to get this series back to boston. a 5 game series would be "bad" for ratings & wouldnt be as much money for the NBA.

lets prove everyone wrong again guys! play like u did in the second half, except this time, ALL 48 minutes!!!!
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:13 pm

those guys are laughable. after last nights game, i heard at least two or three guys say "& this is why i said the celtics are the best team in the league." i dont really remember hardly anyone picking boston over la or anyone saying we're the best team in the leauge. their opinion from halftime, when they were trashing the C's & dry humping LA, to the postgame talk was incredibly laughable.

too bad ESPN is the only major sports network. there needs to be a rival jus like ESPN, but better.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#36 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:34 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:those guys are laughable. after last nights game, i heard at least two or three guys say "& this is why i said the celtics are the best team in the league." i dont really remember hardly anyone picking boston over la or anyone saying we're the best team in the leauge. their opinion from halftime, when they were trashing the C's & dry humping LA, to the postgame talk was incredibly laughable.

too bad ESPN is the only major sports network. there needs to be a rival jus like ESPN, but better.

Yeah, we need to win in 5. I think we will...Lakers too demoralized and we can taste it..
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
nyhuskyfan
Senior
And1: 127

Post#37 » by nyhuskyfan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Where could the Lakers fans be complaining about the officiating? Every time the Lakers complained during the game, it was a good call (Bryant raking P.J. Brown's wrist on the block attempt, Bryant hip-checking Pierce in the last two minutes, Vujacic leg-whipping Ray).

The only iffy call (or non-call) that went the Celtics way that I could see was that it looked like KG got away with a goaltend in the second quarter. Clearly that was what led to the Lakers' second-half collapse :roll:
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#38 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:26 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:lol. listening the colin cowherd on espn radio right now. he says he has about 80 emails from lakers fans blaming the officials or phil jackson for losing the game. lol. anyone else listening? its priceless. they have no reason to complain about the refs. we were getting raped in the first half. the 2nd half was fairly officiated & look what happened.

Well I'm one of those you can't count with the uneducated fans. Officiating had NOTHING to do with the Lakers loss.

To me it was refreshing that they let the players decide the game. And any real Laker fan who says the reffing sucked proves my point that they don't know basketball.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#39 » by Truthiracy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:36 pm

I found the official Promo for Game 5, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9e_w_CYrrk
Debate the Conspiracy master on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/truthiracy3
GreenGrizz
Analyst

Post#40 » by GreenGrizz » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:38 pm

The Fakers are half-dead. Just finish them off.

Return to Boston Celtics