ImageImageImage

Finals Game 5 : Celtics @ Lakers - Sunday, June 15th (3-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,407

Re: Finals Game 5 : Celtics @ Lakers - Sunday, June 15th (3-1) 

Post#341 » by theman » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:14 am

I just notice, just before Kobe's phantom steal The Gift grabbed KG's jersey.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
sprash9802
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,322

Post#342 » by sprash9802 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:14 am

CelticGamecock wrote:Is anyone else posting and then it goes to the first page of the thread and no post? I dont care if it just goes back to my post and I have to click submit again, but losting my post all together is ridiculous. Why were changes made to the damn site? I loved the way it was before.

**** THIS **** SITE CHANGES!!! Which piece of **** programmer came up with this new design? Fire his sorry ass!
'Mate, you just dropped the World Cup'
-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
theman
RealGM

Post#343 » by theman » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:16 am

dinoz wrote:Only Pierce showed up big tonight. Let us hope others step forth. You cannot leave a game 7 inKobe's and the refs' hands.

Posey had a great game too.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant

Post#344 » by sprash9802 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:16 am

If Sprash is optimistic everyone else should be.

The reply showed that was a foul on Kobe but oh well we will get the next one.[/quote]

Had KG shown up, we would've won...Does this guy even want his ring? Played softer than Gasol... never thought I would even say this.

-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
BlameTheRefs
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#345 » by BlameTheRefs » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:17 am

KG choked big time at the end, but I'm still confident this team will wrap this series up on Tuesday.
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#346 » by EvadedHavoc » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:17 am

Is anyone truly suprised? Kenny Mauer and Dick Bavetta reffed the game.
theman
RealGM

Post#347 » by theman » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:20 am

Weren't there about 72 pages of posts at this point Thursday? I think that speaks volumes to the new format.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#348 » by sh00n » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:20 am

dinoz wrote:Only Pierce showed up big tonight. Let us hope others step forth. You cannot leave a game 7 inKobe's and the refs' hands.

Yeah, it's bad enough the first five have been.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#349 » by Gomes3PC » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:22 am

The Lakers are completely and utterly unable to defend the pick and roll. Fact is the team just missed too many good looks down the stretch and I think they got a little tired from having to make comebacks in two straight games. Getting back into their own homes and back on east coast time will help them considerably. Also, benches don't travel, especially not the Lakers one IMO. Not that they're getting much from them, but I expect the Celtics to have a much more complete offensive and defensive performance from tip-off in Boston.

Not concerned at all. Kobe was bottled up again for the last 3 quarters, and the only reason Gasol went off was because Garnett was constantly fighting him AND the refs. Usual great play from James Posey, although Eddie House came back down to earth a bit.

Bottom line is that the Celtics need to get some rest for Pierce and Allen, as they've been worked like dogs the last two games. Let them sleep in a little bit, get their legs back, and hopefully we can build a few first half leads to give them a breather earlier on in the game. If we do that, they'll be fresh and less likely to be in foul trouble as well.

Phenomenal game by Pierce, by the way. Played like The Closer tonight, but his teammates could not pull themselves up to his level and make the key plays. This game had more to do with the Celtics failing to capitalize and less to do with the Lakers doing anything substantial to take it from Boston.
Mr.Monday Night
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#350 » by Mr.Monday Night » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:25 am

sprash, everyone has a bad game.. And i feel your pain.. When He bricked both free throws I almost threw my widescreen through a window. lol. Honestly, I think we would've won with Perk in the lineup.. Gasol killed us with his low post game.. Maybe we need some Big Baby to keep him out of the lane.. And regard to the kobe bryant "steal", I love how the announcers are watching the same replay we are, in slo-mo, and they think it's somehow a "GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAY".. Guy didn't even touch the ball.. And I guarantee if that was any other player on the Lakers, that would be a foul and Pierce would be at the line for two. In retrospect, you knew Kobe was going to get the call.. He was at home, with the game on the line, and his back against the wall.. Let's hope we get the same treatment.. And let's pray that Perk can play, we really needed his 6 fouls tonight. I think Tony Allen played excellent defense, hopefully we can get him off the pine in the next game.
Oh yeah, I loved the vintage Sam Cassell with the and1... Let's hope he doesn't brick back in Boston... And Doc Rivers' father's woulda-been birthday is the same day as game 6.. I know this sounds bad and I don't mean too but he should def. use this to help motivate the guys for game 6.. to win it for Doc's dad.
theman
RealGM

Post#351 » by theman » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:27 am

Tommy agrees with me. The C's missed Perkins. He is a wise man.

A little big baby in game six would be a good idea.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,918

Post#352 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:27 am

After Garnett bricked the pair of free throws, my wife actually said "They should take him out -- he looks too nervous."

For context, however, I must confess that she's been out of touch for a little while. She last followed the Celtics closely before she went away to college -- because once she got there she was too busy protesting the Vietnam War.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#353 » by TommyPoints » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:30 am

I'm really disappointed in KG. He was hurt with BS foul calls, but he still should be able to do more on offense and hell defense too against Gasol. The Truth is the best player in the series.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant

Post#354 » by sprash9802 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:31 am

Mr.Monday Night wrote:sprash, everyone has a bad game.. And i feel your pain.. When He bricked both free throws I almost threw my widescreen through a window. lol. Honestly, I think we would've won with Perk in the lineup.. Gasol killed us with his low post game.. Maybe we need some Big Baby to keep him out of the lane.. And regard to the kobe bryant "steal", I love how the announcers are watching the same replay we are, in slo-mo, and they think it's somehow a "GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAY".. Guy didn't even touch the ball.. And I guarantee if that was any other player on the Lakers, that would be a foul and Pierce would be at the line for two. In retrospect, you knew Kobe was going to get the call.. He was at home, with the game on the line, and his back against the wall.. Let's hope we get the same treatment.. And let's pray that Perk can play, we really needed his 6 fouls tonight. I think Tony Allen played excellent defense, hopefully we can get him off the pine in the next game.
Oh yeah, I loved the vintage Sam Cassell with the and1... Let's hope he doesn't brick back in Boston... And Doc Rivers' father's woulda-been birthday is the same day as game 6.. I know this sounds bad and I don't mean too but he should def. use this to help motivate the guys for game 6.. to win it for Doc's dad.

I understand... but as they say, NEVER give an opponent hope... It builds real fast... I was not too impressed with the Lakers either... but it was what we did (or didn't do) that I am mad about...and if you make 20mill. and you dont even show up for a Finals game like KG did, it cannot be forgiven.

TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#355 » by TommyPoints » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:34 am

I bet we get the home cooking and beat the hell out of them in Boston. We get 2 shots at least, but I hope it only takes 1.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#356 » by Anklebreaker702 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:35 am

Good game Celtics see you back in Boston
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#357 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:44 am

We really need Perk back on Tuesday. His absence was a huge difference.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#358 » by magicfan4life05 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:49 am

Anyone know what is the ray allen personal issue he's dealing with that doc just referenced?
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
P2
Banned User

Post#359 » by P2 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:50 am

anklebreaker702 wrote:Good game Celtics see you back in Boston

The casket is already waiting for you.
e in boulder
Junior

Post#360 » by e in boulder » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:55 am

I don't care what anybody tells me...the Kobe steal was a Kobe foul. Superstar calls are the worst thing about the NBA. Thank God 6 and 7 are in Boston!

Return to Boston Celtics