ImageImageImage

Finals Game 5 : Celtics @ Lakers - Sunday, June 15th (3-1)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Re: Finals Game 5 : Celtics @ Lakers - Sunday, June 15th (3-1) 

Post#361 » by mr_sunshine » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:38 am

ek da shrek wrote:I don't care what anybody tells me...the Kobe steal was a Kobe foul. Superstar calls are the worst thing about the NBA. Thank God 6 and 7 are in Boston!

It wasn't a foul man. He poked the ball away from behind, nice and clean. It was a great play. There WAS a foul on the rebound though. Pierce got mauled by LO and Gasol. Oh well though! If KG made those FTs or Ray didn't miss about 5 WIDE OPEN threes we would have taken it today. I can wait until Tuesday though! The Celtics are clearly the better team, and if they keep running the P&R Pierce will score at will. I'm not worried about this at all.
IEcelticfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#362 » by IEcelticfan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:55 am

why delay the inevitable right, boys?? why did the fakers tire themselves by taking a trip to boston? hey, they can enjoy the parade as well while they're there. we're closing it out next game, boys....
Postbro1
Lead Assistant
And1: 20

Post#363 » by Postbro1 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:09 am

Yo C fans! Never posted in here b4 but had to pop in and say you guys have got this on lock so don't even worry. I am big time Garnett fan being from Chicago like he is and all so I'm totally rooting for the Cs. Did I mention I'm in L.A.? I called this series in 5 but I guess the Celts wanna do the Lakers a favor and get them a little closer to Bermuda on Tuesday so they don't have to make that long a$$ flight from L.A. to start their vacation!

But the biggest question I have is; what the hell is wrong with Rondo?! The boy acts like if he tries to shoot the ball it's going to explode or something. This would've been a sweep if the PG position wasn't a REAL weak spot.

As everyone is saying the Lakers have not been impressive outside of their 1st quarter/half jollies. The Celts have just gotta stop letting them jump out big and having to pull them back.
Superior nadsmanship since 31 May 2001
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#364 » by TMU » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:20 am

Postbro1 wrote:Yo C fans! Never posted in here b4 but had to pop in and say you guys have got this on lock so don't even worry. I am big time Garnett fan being from Chicago like he is and all so I'm totally rooting for the Cs. Did I mention I'm in L.A.? I called this series in 5 but I guess the Celts wanna do the Lakers a favor and get them a little closer to Bermuda on Tuesday so they don't have to make that long a$$ flight from L.A. to start their vacation!

But the biggest question I have is; what the hell is wrong with Rondo?! The boy acts like if he tries to shoot the ball it's going to explode or something. This would've been a sweep if the PG position wasn't a REAL weak spot.

As everyone is saying the Lakers have not been impressive outside of their 1st quarter/half jollies. The Celts have just gotta stop letting them jump out big and having to pull them back.

It's probably due to his injury. He has had a great series until that injury. I expect him to bounce back in Game 6.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#365 » by bruno sundov » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:10 am

We lost this game because of 2 plays. KB24 fouling paul on the steal. Then KG not hitting his FT's. IF they call the foul on KB24 then Paul goes to the line sinks at least 1 prob 2. KG just hits one of two and we win. It is that simple.

Looks as though we will have celebrate on our own floor in BOS.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#366 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:14 pm

bruno sundov wrote:We lost this game because of 2 plays. KB24 fouling paul on the steal. Then KG not hitting his FT's. IF they call the foul on KB24 then Paul goes to the line sinks at least 1 prob 2. KG just hits one of two and we win. It is that simple.

Looks as though we will have celebrate on our own floor in BOS.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

On all points
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#367 » by Athanacropolis » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:28 pm

Shots weren't falling last night. They will tomorrow. The ONLY thing I'm concerned is that the Cs might get into another big first-quarter hole. This B.S. has to stop.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#368 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:37 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:Anyone know what is the ray allen personal issue he's dealing with that doc just referenced?

His daughter was in the hospital, I believe, and I read she was just diagnosed with diabetes.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,812

Post#369 » by TylersLakers » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:31 pm

I think I would trade anybody besides Kobe, Odom, Bynum, and Pau for James Posey. Absolute gamer, that dude. I was screaming for the Lakers to try to sign him in the summer instead of re-signing Luke Walton, and we're paying for it now.

So the series extends...
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#370 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:56 pm

^^...for one more game...

C's in 6!!!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics