ImageImageImage

Who else is just proud of Paul Pierce?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

BeanTownBrawler
Veteran
And1: 121

Who else is just proud of Paul Pierce? 

Post#1 » by BeanTownBrawler » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:12 am

This guy has evolved in front of our eyes. It's been a pleasure believing in him his whole career and seeing him impose his will at the biggest stage. Cheers to PP :clap:
"I have conflicted feelings right now. I mean its great and all, and no way I'd change it, but does anyone else kinda feel that we got luckier than we deserved to get? It almost feels like we're the benefactor of some NBA conspiracy."
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,375

Post#2 » by tlee324 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:14 am

He's outstanding. My Finals MVP at this point. Ray's knocking on the door, though.

I said it in another thread, I haven't seen anyone guard Kobe better than Pierce has when he's been called upon to do so.
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#3 » by The Rondo Show » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:23 am

He's really rounded out his game incredibly well. He's become a leader and an elite defender to go with his already awesome offensive game.
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#4 » by Banks2Pierce » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:27 am

How exhausted did Paul look when he was taking those free throws? He looked dead.

I heard Paul say he wouldn't even want his number up in the rafters if he never won one. What an intense thing to say. He really gets it and he is a true Celtic warrior. To think he was inches from death is crazy. This man is a legend.
dingodile
Sixth Man
And1: 8
Location: Second Innermost Circle of Hell...a.k.a. Laker Country

Post#5 » by dingodile » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:29 am

Banks2Pierce wrote:How exhausted did Paul look when he was taking those free throws? He looked dead.

I heard Paul say he wouldn't even want his number up in the rafters if he never won one. What an intense thing to say. He really gets it and he is a true Celtic warrior. To think he was inches from death is crazy. This man is a legend.

Agreed. JD.
"I can tell you my testicles are the same size," he added later. "They haven't shrunk. They're the same and work just the same as they always have." - Barry Bonds disputing allegations of steroid use.
Green Menace
Junior
And1: 10

Post#6 » by Green Menace » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 am

I
Banks2Pierce
RealGM

Post#7 » by Banks2Pierce » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:35 am

dingodile wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed. JD.

JD?
dingodile
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by dingodile » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:37 am

Banks2Pierce wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

JD?

That's your name.
"I can tell you my testicles are the same size," he added later. "They haven't shrunk. They're the same and work just the same as they always have." - Barry Bonds disputing allegations of steroid use.
theFRANCHISE
Sixth Man
And1: 354

Post#9 » by theFRANCHISE » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:39 am

THE TRUTH nickname is soooo fitting 1 MORE WIN
"You could call it with braille!" - Chick Hearn
Banks2Pierce
RealGM

Post#10 » by Banks2Pierce » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:39 am

Twilight zone?
dingodile
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by dingodile » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:41 am

I remember because you started the "Who's behind the keyboard" thread.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#12 » by JHTruth » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:46 am

PP is one of the most inspiring players I've ever seen. The guy is so tough, resilient, and great that he offers a lesson to us all. Never give up, never quit, fight always, and you will eventually succeed. How many times has this guy been counted out? I have often looked for inspiration to PP and he has really come through this year. Be Legendary..
IEcelticfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#13 » by IEcelticfan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:58 am

i'm goin to blow my hard earned money on a #34 joisey real soon .... hope they still have some at the local mall here in ontario :PP
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#14 » by campybatman » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:07 am

I hope if Pierce can get a ring that people finally get off his case. He's one of the toughest players in the league and always wants to play basketball and do so with the Boston Celtics. Enough of the bringing up Bird's name or comparing the two players. They aren't the same player. Let Pierce be Pierce and acknowledge what he has done in his NBA career, thus far as a Boston Celtic. Thank goodness that Ainge didn't trade Pierce after Pierce and Rivers had that initial falling out.

I want so badly for Pierce to win a championship. It would be nice for Antoine to congratulate his friend and former teammate at some point too. Pierce was at some games I believe when Antoine won it all that season with Miami.

Man, Pierce has gone though a lot. I'm glad that I've remain a fan of his from day one in Boston and will continue until he retires. However, I still believe he's the most unappreciated star in Boston. I hope he gets his due from the national media if and when the Celtics can win this series and silence a lot of Pierce's detractors and the Lakers fans.

Go Paul Pierce! The series MVP in my mind. :thumbsup:
HitMan52
Starter
And1: 33

Post#15 » by HitMan52 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:27 am

bonsaiflipflops wrote:I hope if Pierce can get a ring that people finally get off his case. He's one of the toughest players in the league and always wants to play basketball and do so with the Boston Celtics. Enough of the bringing up Bird's name or comparing the two players. They aren't the same player. Let Pierce be Pierce and acknowledge what he has done in his NBA career, thus far as a Boston Celtic. Thank goodness that Ainge didn't trade Pierce after Pierce and Rivers had that initial falling out.

I want so badly for Pierce to win a championship. It would be nice for Antoine to congratulate his friend and former teammate at some point too. Pierce was at some games I believe when Antoine won it all that season with Miami.

Man, Pierce has gone though a lot. I'm glad that I've remain a fan of his from day one in Boston and will continue until he retires. However, I still believe he's the most unappreciated star in Boston. I hope he gets his due from the national media if and when the Celtics can win this series and silence a lot of Pierce's detractors and the Lakers fans.

Go Paul Pierce! The series MVP in my mind. :thumbsup:

Wasnt Walker at one of the Finals games? Its pretty cool that those guys stay close and root for one another.

Lets go Celtics. I am still rooting for you guys.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,731

Post#16 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:27 am

Pierce has been fantastic. Even when he was immature, he was basically a nice guy.

And to repeat my one piece of inside info -- years ago, when the team was crummy, he was ordering custom-designed chairs for his own home with the Celtics logo. (Specifically, that happened the LBJ/DWade rookie season, or else the year before.)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,308

Post#17 » by TheMartian » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:53 am

I'm glad Pierce, KG and Allen embraced the concept of team play from the get go. Look where it has taken the team: one win away from becoming champions.

Paul has been awesome especially on the defensive end. He held Lebron in check, and he held the MVP in check in this pivotal game 4. He's not too shabby an offensive player either, and can hang with the best of them.

Major props to The Captain. :clap:
Rondo_Fan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#18 » by Rondo_Fan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:40 am

Well, he has won me over this series. Again.

I remember one year when he bricked all of his free throws against New Jersey, and the next year he came back and was just money from the line. And you knew that he had identified a weakness and spent all summer working on it. Right then I knew what this guy was about.

Even when he had his growing up to do, you always got the feeling that he would do it. Why? Because he needed to do it to win, and he would do anything that it takes to win. That's how he thinks. And this emotional stuff, this business of learning how to be a team leader, he has worked on and learned in the same way that he learned how to shoot free throws.

Now he has these two extremely professional guys around him, both leaders in their own right, but last night in the fourth quarter it was Pierce's show. He was the calmest guy out there, and the most focused. So he has turned the corner in that respect too.

It's just all falling into place for him now, all the years of work and all of the little things, and I just don't know what more we could ask of him. I'd much rather have Paul Pierce on my team than "The Best Player on the Planet" or whatever the hell they keep calling the other guy over there.

We'll be talking about him twenty years from now, and more, no doubt.

Yabba-dabba-doo!
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#19 » by GuyClinch » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:37 am

I've always been proud of PP. He is just showing the world what kind of player he is. It's a great story though that he has gotten the chance to do this along with two other guys the media loved to dig as not good enough..

Now let's hope he can close the deal..(though I believe of course he will).

Pete
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#20 » by Datruth345 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:32 pm

i feel like a proud father watching Paul Pierce this season.
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell

Return to Boston Celtics