ImageImageImage

New RealGM format- blue on blue

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Re: New RealGM format- blue on blue 

Post#61 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:34 pm

Yeah, the gamethread last night wasn't half as busy as it usually is.
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#62 » by Athanacropolis » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:38 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:Yeah, the gamethread last night wasn't half as busy as it usually is.

So it's not just me then.

I'm thinking it's a combination of no quick reply feature, not being able to automatically log in, and not being able to easily tell which posts on what threads are new.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#63 » by TommyPoints » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:36 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:Yeah, the gamethread last night wasn't half as busy as it usually is.

Between the C's thread and the general thread I was only able to get about half my posts to actually go through and that usually was a battle. I'd either have to hit submit over and over or I'd be taken to the first page of the thread and lost what I wrote.
leper-con
General Manager
And1: 3,979

Post#64 » by leper-con » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:00 pm

CelticGamecock wrote:

Between the C's thread and the general thread I was only able to get about half my posts to actually go through and that usually was a battle. I'd either have to hit submit over and over or I'd be taken to the first page of the thread and lost what I wrote.

the same thing happened to me repeatedly.. It drove me nuts... they need to re-fix this..
Egregious Blunder
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#65 » by Egregious Blunder » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:31 pm

i dont like at all. very difficult to read and navigate. the old format, although not very stylistic, just seemed to pop. also, they got rid of the current affairs and off topic boards?

bad bad... i was on my way out, but i think now im done with this board.
later yall, its been fun. GO CELTICS!!
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#66 » by Datruth345 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:53 pm

the new forums have the feature where it informs you if there has been a post made since you clicked reply and when you submitted your reply

this really hampers fast moving threads because everytime you go to send a reply it doesn't go through you just get the message that there has been a post and would you still like to post your reply

while it seems like a good feature in principal, so you don't have to go back and edit, its actually really frustrating when it comes to fast moving thread, like game threads

a few of the forums i'm on use it and i've never liked it and never gotten used to it, just seems like an extra step for no good reason

i wish there was an option in your personal settings where you could change this feature, maybe there is lol i never bothered checking
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#67 » by wetsthebed » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:58 pm

Egregious Blunder wrote:also, they got rid of the current affairs and off topic boards?

Nope. Sure didn't.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#68 » by sully00 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:18 pm

Datruth345 wrote:the new forums have the feature where it informs you if there has been a post made since you clicked reply and when you submitted your reply

this really hampers fast moving threads because everytime you go to send a reply it doesn't go through you just get the message that there has been a post and would you still like to post your reply

Yeah that chased me off cetlicsblog, along with some other format issues. I have not run into that but that is the kiss of death on a game thread.

Also be weary of the "delete cookies" button. It is being recommended to solve the log in issue. But I managed to lock my self out of the site for most of the afternoon with it saying my account was inactive, you might want to wait till after Wed. to try that.
3pt %
General Manager
And1: 2,696

Post#69 » by 3pt % » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:24 pm

The new format flat out sucks.

I have left boards that use this format, and although I doubt I will leave here (too much time invested, which is probably sad), I barely bothered to look during the game because the thread was too difficult to post in.

I'm usually at work when teh games play, and have relied on the game threads to get a feel for the games that goes beyond the dry play by play.

The lack of quick response is kiling the board, and the 'someone else has posted' step is like finger down a blackboard.

The time spent here is dropping like a stone.

Edit: there we go, I spent 5 minutes here not being able to use the back function to speed around pages already loaded and dealing with this crap posting system and I just can't be bothered anymore.
Captain_Caveman wrote:Probably couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the C and the A.
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#70 » by Rocky5000 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:31 am

If you hate the new all blue look of posts and topics, I have a solution for you. I created this very simple user style, that makes the backgrounds all white. If you want you can change it to another color.

The Userstyle
http://userstyles.org/styles/8032

You need to be running firefox and the stylish or greasemonkey extension for it to work. It should also work on Opera, but I haven't tested it.

Stylish Extension
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108
Cep
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by Cep » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:37 am

thank you so much. it sucks that we need this.
grantlongforpresident
Assistant Coach
And1: 124

Post#72 » by grantlongforpresident » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:16 am

My initial reaction was that this was horrible.

After much reflection I have grown to hate it so much more.

-I guess i can deal with being bombarded with advertisements, but this site is now slow as ****
-It is much tougher to post (no quick reply, slower loads) This is obnoxious.
-My eyes hurt
-Also the site is now filled with more inconveniences like the inferior quote feature and how it takes an extra step to get to the basketball page.

Worthless changes. Damn you "whoever is in charge" don't ruin this site and drive everyone away.. i don't post on other forums for these very reasons.

Also, in my opinion there is no value added. I don't care about any of the "upgrades." Everything is worse and nothing is better.

Call me a whiner i guess.
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#73 » by Rocky5000 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:29 am

the quote feature is fine if you install the style I posted. I think it looks bad just because of poor color choice.
cinnamon
Starter
And1: 1

Post#74 » by cinnamon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:54 am

I don't have any of the stuff Rocky5000 suggests to make the link work to get these pages in black and white again, and am not computer-savvy enough to figure it out.
I have vision problems, though, and the blues are making me dizzy.
I've been reading on this board nearly every day for two years now --- since Rondo arrived --- but I can't imagine continuing to spend any serious amount of time reading here any more unless they make this easier.
It seems very strange to make the system more complex and difficult, and make the pages harder on the eyes. Do they have too many people registered, and are they trying to bring the numbers down?
I'll see if my son can help me figure out how to install Firefox and Stylish and the third thing linked --- or I'll just have to reduce these daily visits to infrequent drop-ins.
This is really extremely disappointing.
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#75 » by ARB729 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:24 am

Rocky5000 wrote:the quote feature is fine if you install the style I posted. I think it looks bad just because of poor color choice.

I did a silver background, but do you know how to change the font color?
formerly RedSoxFan729
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#76 » by Rocky5000 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:53 am

RedSoxFan729 wrote:
Rocky5000 wrote:the quote feature is fine if you install the style I posted. I think it looks bad just because of poor color choice.

Yeah, just do,

Code: Select all

color:red!important;
for example in between the curly braces where the background color is declared. Do quotes show up well with a silver background?
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#77 » by ARB729 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:58 am

Rocky5000 wrote:
RedSoxFan729 wrote:

Yeah, just do,

Code: Select all

color:red!important;
for example in between the curly braces where the background color is declared. Do quotes show up well with a silver background?

Thanks dude, and yeah they show up fine.
formerly RedSoxFan729
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#78 » by BillessuR6 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am

Thanks rocky, this was really helpful!

I just wish I knew more about this stuff, so I could change all the colors...That background color when someone is quoted is hideous...

BTW, I used this CSS color chart to pick just the right shade of gray...

http://www.somacon.com/p142.php
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#79 » by BillessuR6 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:33 pm

For all of you who hate that stupid slide show and commercials at the top a bulls fan made a firefox extension...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=814897

Return to Boston Celtics