ImageImageImage

Finals Game 6 : Celtics vs Lakers - Tuesday, June 17th (3-2)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Re: Finals Game 6 : Celtics vs Lakers - Tuesday, June 17th (3-2) 

Post#61 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:21 pm

did you guys read the wiretap headline "Vujacic" Celtics play too rough"

what a *****!!!!!! thats the 3rd laker to publicly complain about the officials! they have no right to. i cant think any of our guys (who DESERVE to complain) have said one word about the refs, meanwhile the lakers are throwin fits after every game. vujacic is such a lil baby. i think the long hair & the woman's headband is affecting his gender.

its soooo early, only 10:20 here in central time. still have the whole day til the game starts.

this series is NOT over guys. please dont be overconfident. if i had to put any money on this game, i'd be more willing to put it on LA b/c we're not 100% & we're the older team. no perk, PP is banged up & tired, rondo's banged up, ray will be tired. this series is far from over.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach

Post#62 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:23 pm

its hilarious listening to espn idiots. after game 5, it was "awww, this series is over, dont even bother playin the rest of the games, blah blah blah"

now their saying that LA is in great position (which i believe & have belived), but i mean, come on, PICK A SCENARIO & STAY WITH IT!!!!

screw espn

lets go celtics!!!! my heart & high blood pressure can't afford another game 7
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#63 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:31 pm

^^Dude, chill. I think we will win tonight, we are better and deeper and at home.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#64 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:00 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:^^Dude, chill. I think we will win tonight, we are better and deeper and at home.

And have better fans.

PS You know what's AWESOME? When you reply to a post and your message disappears. Yeah! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
MVP16
Bench Warmer

Post#65 » by MVP16 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:28 pm

Perk and Allen are gonna play according to boston.com!
Athanacropolis
Analyst

Post#66 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:35 pm

MVP16 wrote:Perk and Allen are gonna play according to boston.com!

Great news! The kid is a gamer, and will still be banging, sore shoulder and all! :clap: :clap: :clap:
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,407

Post#67 » by theman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:35 pm

I hope this is not a bad omen of more disappointment to come tonight, but every third Tuesday is Taco Salad day. By my calculations it was supposed to be today but it was not. :cry:
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
tdfoss
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#68 » by tdfoss » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Boston has been the better team in the playoffs so far. It's kinda embarrasing that so many people are whining about the refs. Boston plays very physical and could be called for way more fouls than they are getting. Enjoy how well your team is playing and quit whining.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#69 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:09 pm

Good news. Perk doesn't even need to score...put that big body on Ga-soft, bang him around, and grab some boards.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Athanacropolis
Analyst

Post#70 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:17 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:

Good news. Perk doesn't even need to score...put that big body on Ga-soft, bang him around, and grab some boards.

And if Perk can't cut it, we have our secret weapon....

Who else can be an enforcer down low?

Who else has picture-perfect shooting form? Make it rain, Scal!

He can run the point...

...and always takes care of the basketball.

He's tough...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01X ... L/610x.jpg
...and gives the BEST high-fives.

So you see? As happy as I am that Perkins is playing tonight, I'm not worried if he can't cut it. Green 17 is waiting down on the end of the bench!
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#71 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Don't forget his unbeatable prowess at Hungry Hungry Hippos!!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Athanacropolis
Analyst

Post#72 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:34 pm

Yoga helps him ELEVATE!

"GTFO!"

"Who 'dat white boy?"
Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Post#73 » by Prophet_C » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:36 pm

:lol:

Scal should replace West as "The Logo."

He's that good folks.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,144

Post#74 » by MaxwellSmart » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:03 pm

I know we all like to make fun of Scal...but, he would shut down Gasol a bit by denying him the ball....I remember a game 2 seasons ago-where Okur was killing us....Doc put in Scal to guard him and Okur didn't even sniff the ball for the rest of the game....I'd much rather have Big Baby crush him--but if all else fails, Scal could do a decent job guarding him.
dingodile
Sixth Man
And1: 8
Location: Second Innermost Circle of Hell...a.k.a. Laker Country

Post#75 » by dingodile » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:30 pm

MaxwellSmart wrote:I know we all like to make fun of Scal...but, he would shut down Gasol a bit by denying him the ball....I remember a game 2 seasons ago-where Okur was killing us....Doc put in Scal to guard him and Okur didn't even sniff the ball for the rest of the game....I'd much rather have Big Baby crush him--but if all else fails, Scal could do a decent job guarding him.

I hear what you're saying and I'm not trying to be a jerk or belittle you, but seeing Scal come out would absolutely crush my spirit. It'd make Phil's game 5 experiment with Chris Mihm seem almost reasonable by comparison.
"I can tell you my testicles are the same size," he added later. "They haven't shrunk. They're the same and work just the same as they always have." - Barry Bonds disputing allegations of steroid use.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach

Post#76 » by kmgarnett21 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:59 pm

i was SOOOOO happy to see that perk will probably play tonight. i knew that Ray would. but i was doubtufl on perk, but it will hopefully be a big emotional lift as much as us needing him. i think he's our most underappreciated player. we saw how important he is when gasol & odom combined for like 45 pts & 25 reb or w/e the numbers were. lets hope Perk takes gasol out of his comfort zone like he was in the other night & keep KG out of foul trouble.

LETS GOOOO CELTICS

GET #17 on the 17th, & more importantly, jus close this season out already on top
heyjohnny
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#77 » by heyjohnny » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:38 pm

I went to Sunday's game in LA. I cannot believe how much Laker-Fan was complaining about the refs all night. Even when the Lakers were obviously going to win the fans in my sections were crying about how the refs are on the Celtics side.
The C's need to pound the Lakers into the parquet tonight!!!! Make no doubt about it.
Cep
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by Cep » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:33 pm

Lmao Russel.
Albin
Head Coach

Post#79 » by Albin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:47 pm

Since there were some comments about the Rush show - I was at the Rush concert on Sunday night - and it totally killed me to miss watching the game. I did have streaming scores to my phone, so I knew what was happening and when. I was also (fairly) certain the C's would win it in 6, so I rolled the bones and went to the show. I was rooting for the C's to win in five, but I do admit, there is part of me that really wanted it to come back to Boston so I wouldn't miss watching the game.

Some interesting tidbits about the evening :
  • There was a "Beat L.A." chant from the crowd before the show even started.
  • Celtics shirts were everywhere.
  • When Geddy first addressed the crowd, he thanked us for being there because "I think there is something else going on tonight with one of your sports teams <cheering> ... it's your Lacrosse team, I think.. <cheering, laughter>"
  • During halftime, Rush was playing 2112 and Tom Sawyer.
  • After coming out after their intermission - Geddy Lee said they decided to name the second half of their show "Beat L.A. - I'm not sure why."
  • They often have strange things on stage.. for this tour, there were three rotisserie machines turning chickens, and a "chef" comes out at one point during the show to examine the chickens. When the guy came out, he was wearing a Paul Pierce jersey.
  • During the encore - Geddy came out wearing a "Beat L.A." t-shirt.
  • After the game, many, many fans stayed in the parking lot with all radios tuned to Max and Grande and we heard all of the fourth quarter. I was in a group of about seven people myself, all listening to the game.

Rush is my all-time favorite band... My first Rush show was sometime around 1986... we know what else happened that year. I have been to somewhere around 30 rush concerts. My next one is in Saratoga, NY in early July.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#80 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:59 pm

Doc carrying a heavy heart tonight, today wouldve been his father's birthday.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."

Return to Boston Celtics