ImageImageImage

ESPN Apologizes For Celtics-Hitler Reference That Was Made

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

brewcrew08
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: ESPN Apologizes For Celtics-Hitler Reference That Was Made 

Post#16 » by brewcrew08 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:03 pm

mr_sunshine wrote:Even though much of my family was murdered in the Holocaust this stuff doesn't bother me anymore. People are just **** ignorant, so I've learned to deal with it. :noway:

o, by the way mr. sunshine, love the icon... i remember watching that episode.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/ ... /RayGW.jpg

The greatest shooter to ever play the game. He got game.
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#17 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:06 pm

brewcrew08 wrote:I dont think we need to discuss about President Bush right now in the Boston Celtics forum, but you guys are absolutely right, on 1st and 10 she always brings up race and Skip just stares at her haha, she sometimes has some good points but then she brings in the race issue and then it's just crap.

You are right. I was just trying to point out how idiotic the overuse of "So-and-so is HITLER" has become. It has no place in politics, and in sports. And I agree with how Skip reacts when Hill brings up race in ALMOST EVERY DISCUSSION.

Mr. Sunshine, you shouldn't have to deal with ignorant idiots. Hacks like Ms. Hill, and others, need to be called out for their idiocy.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#18 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:14 pm

^^She's just like Scoop Jackson on Page 2...race baiting hacks.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
brewcrew08
Ballboy

Post#19 » by brewcrew08 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Athanacropolis wrote:
brewcrew08 wrote:I dont think we need to discuss about President Bush right now in the Boston Celtics forum, but you guys are absolutely right, on 1st and 10 she always brings up race and Skip just stares at her haha, she sometimes has some good points but then she brings in the race issue and then it's just crap.

And I agree with how Skip reacts when Hill brings up race in ALMOST EVERY DISCUSSION.

Ya, one time they were talking about Lebron James posing for a magazine and how he looked like King Kong and she said it was racist for him to pose like that because they are both black and it is saying black people are like king kong. ???????? She doesn't know what she is talking about

meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,739

Post#20 » by meatball sub » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:22 pm

Light-hearted Hitler references should only be used if you can execute them properly and for that to happen you have to actually be funny! Jemele is probably the worst writer in ESPN history, which is saying a lot, but I understand she most likely name dropped Hitler in an attempt at comedy. While doing so she broke the rules of getting away with a provocative reference:

A. You have to do it in a funny way
B. It must raise a good point
C. A combination of both

I don't think Hill understands that playing the race card is piss poor writing. Now how ESPN continues to get "piss poor" confused with "outstanding" is beyond me and my problem is that Jemele talks about race in every single article for no apparent reason other than the fact that she can get away with it. No matter what the color of your skin may be, bringing up race for no reason whatsoever makes you look ignorant; especially when explaining why you hate something.

Somebody needs to tell her that playing the race card as black woman who is paid very well to write articles that take little to no literary talent whatsoever does indeed make her just as ignorant as those who hate others because of the color of their skin. In this case she’s guilty on both accounts and if someone is going to play the race card it most certainly shouldn't be her. Instead of being a role model for aspiring female journalists she's an abomination who brings down her race as well as her gender.

We get it, Jemele Hill, you hate white people and the Celtics. Now take your fingers off the keyboard and stop wasting our bandwidth.
Athanacropolis
Analyst

Post#21 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:26 pm

bove310 wrote:Light-hearted Hitler references should only be used if you can execute them properly and for that to happen you have to actually be funny! Jemele is probably the worst writer in ESPN history, which is saying a lot, but I understand she most likely name dropped Hitler in an attempt at comedy. While doing so she broke the rules of getting away with a provocative reference:

C. A combination of both

I don't think Hill understands that playing the race card is piss poor writing. Now how ESPN continues to get "piss poor" confused with "outstanding" is beyond me and my problem is that Jemele talks about race in every single article for no apparent reason other than the fact that she can get away with it. No matter what the color of your skin may be, bringing up race for no reason whatsoever makes you look ignorant; especially when explaining why you hate something.

Somebody needs to tell her that playing the race card as black woman who is paid very well to write articles that take little to no literary talent whatsoever does indeed make her just as ignorant as those who hate others because of the color of their skin. In this case she’s guilty on both accounts and if someone is going to play the race card it most certainly shouldn't be her. Instead of being a role model for aspiring female journalists she's an abomination who brings down her race as well as her gender.

We get it, Jemele Hill, you hate white people and the Celtics. Now take your fingers off the keyboard and stop wasting our bandwidth.

Brewcrew, 100% dead-on. I remember that LeBron James "controversy." While regular people--white, black, and otherwise--were going "Wow, LeBron's the first black guy on the cover of Vogue! Damn, he's a cool guy!", Ms. Hill turned it into a racial issue. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: NOBODY was thinking that, not even LEBRON HIMSELF!

And Bove...my man, home-run right there. Post of the year.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#22 » by sully00 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:33 pm

I hate PC overreaction to anything. She is stupid and awful at her job but I don't care about the use of "Hitler" as an alternative to using the "Devil" or some other evil entity, to be honest is is probably for the best before some **** starts telling us all how he wasn't that bad and he had some good ideas.

As I am sure Mr. Sunshine can point out better than me what happened in Europe during WWII wasn't a new phenomenon it was just the first time someone was crazy enough to keep score. Also it was the last time it has happen to the Jewish people since they got their own country complete with bitchin army and airforce.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#23 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:35 pm

bove310 wrote:Light-hearted Hitler references should only be used if you can execute them properly and for that to happen you have to actually be funny! Jemele is probably the worst writer in ESPN history, which is saying a lot, but I understand she most likely name dropped Hitler in an attempt at comedy. While doing so she broke the rules of getting away with a provocative reference:

C. A combination of both

^^That's part of the problem...if I came out and said I hated black people and the Pistons (only the second part is true, not the first...**** the Pistons) I'd be fired, ridiculed, etc, since I'm white.

End the double standard...can her ass and make racism unacceptable NO MATTER what race the instigator is.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
coach mang
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,401

Post#24 » by coach mang » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:00 pm

Janele can smell the mangaconda

ESPN can dine on filet mangInon

**** them spagettii-o out the can eatin ****

Janele, u really want KKELTIC NATION praying for you?... in the shower?... chanting and sacrificing chickens and all that?

IS THAT WHAT U WANT?

Sasha why your mama name u after a hot Uzbecki stripper at Ybor Strip? "he touched me, he touched me" WE GONNA REACH OUT AND TOUCH A **** TONIGHT

LAKERS TONIGHT WE FINISH THIS BLOOD FEUD and you can go back and say "if only we had Bynum...if only we had bynum... theres no place like home...theres no place like home... HE TOUCHED ME AGAIN WOOOOO!!!!!!

oh yeah by the way:

WOOOOOO!!!!!

KKELTIC PRIDE SHALL NEVAH DIE

JUST MULTIPLY
Athanacropolis
Analyst

Post#25 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:02 pm

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#26 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:11 pm

:o

:rocking: GO CELTICS!!!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#27 » by mr_sunshine » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:26 pm

The legend of Coach Mang grows day by day. :bowdown:
Athanacropolis
Analyst

Post#28 » by Athanacropolis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:31 pm

mr_sunshine wrote:The legend of Coach Mang grows day by day. :bowdown:

Minute by minute, even!
Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Post#29 » by Prophet_C » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:54 pm

I love you Mang
brewcrew08
Ballboy

Post#30 » by brewcrew08 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:00 pm

mang post hilarious

Return to Boston Celtics