ImageImageImage

JO to Toronto done deal.

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Re: JO to Toronto done deal. 

Post#41 » by CeltsfaninDC » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:17 pm

well its good you didn't "dismiss winning a championship" since thats pretty much ALL this is about.
We have a word for this around here, binkys. Those are the young players you fall in love with because they are on your team and you think they are much better players than they actually are. Gerald Green was a favorite binky to many. So was Al Jefferson. There were many here who advocated that it would be better to win with these players rather than trade for KG. I can tell you thats it better to win no matter how rather than continue to be mediocre with your own draft picks.
2 more things:
Bogut is a binky
you wouldnt by any chance be related to JSimon?
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#42 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:20 pm

You know, I have a feeling if Toronto finishes 2nd in the Atlantic they'd hang a banner, too! :lol:
RamonSessions
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by RamonSessions » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:31 pm

Bogut is going to prove himself to be bigger than that next year, we'll just have wait for that one to unfold in the coming season-- Gerald Green shouldn't even be on level with Bogut, or even Ramon Sessions-- and he's only played 17 NBA games; athleticism only goes so far especially when you're a head case for no reason--

As far as me holding these "binkys" so highly, they've got to start somewhere and I am fairly confident in this talent that we should lock up at C / PG for the future, everything else is a question as far as what stays/ what goes , we've got options.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#44 » by bruno sundov » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:31 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:Bird is probably kicking himself for all the offers he passed on, then had to settle for this one. Great deal for toronto.

I know we all hate toronto and all that ****, but you have to admit this is a good deal for them, they gave up basically nothing.

What did legend pass on ,LO?
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach

Post#45 » by bruno sundov » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:33 pm

RamonSessions wrote:Man you is jealous of that frountcourt, it'll own ya'll Celts and ya won't even be in the same arena as the Ill Mil when we trade ball hoggin' booty backcourt of ours, start Ramon 'memo' Sessions with the man down low Andrew Bogut- #1 center in the Eastern Conference next year! mark it down, mark it down.

What? I know in Canada you language is french but that made ZERO sense. I mean jsut none!!
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#46 » by RamonSessions » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:48 pm

"you language" ? Canada is also bilingual, and if I was in Toronto which I am not, I am in Milwaukee, WI ----- I wouldn't be of the French-speaking mold- that's Quebec.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#47 » by greenbeans » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:55 pm

are you gonna keep that sn when Sessions is out of the league in February??
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by bruno sundov » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:59 pm

RamonSessions wrote:"you language" ? Canada is also bilingual, and if I was in Toronto which I am not, I am in Milwaukee, WI ----- I wouldn't be of the French-speaking mold- that's Quebec.

So every year when I go to Montreal they speak in french automatically by accident?

So anyway you live in the sticks of MIL. Now that makes sense. What were you trying to say in the previous post? I just have to know now.
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#49 » by RamonSessions » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:00 pm

Sessions under Skiles this year is going to make/break his career--- he can play defense, it showed when he really defended Gilbert Arenas in his coming out game-- Larry K probably didn't harness that at the end of the year though, he lost that team before Ramon got to showcase what he's capable of--- and its good in a way, cause he exploded on the offensive end---- he will not be gone in February, its pretty asinine to make a comment like that, even if he's barely played in the NBA , he made a lot of heads turn----
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#50 » by RamonSessions » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:02 pm

bruno sundov wrote:
RamonSessions wrote:"you language" ? Canada is also bilingual, and if I was in Toronto which I am not, I am in Milwaukee, WI ----- I wouldn't be of the French-speaking mold- that's Quebec.

So every year when I go to Montreal they speak in french automatically by accident?

So anyway you live in the sticks of MIL. Now that makes sense. What were you trying to say in the previous post? I just have to know now.

That's a general reply stating that in most regions of Canada, Toronto specifically, the main language that people are speaking is English , sure they know French in Montreal but Quebec is where everyone speaks French as their first language--- its more common to hear English in Canada than it is French, that's all. --- I explained just about the jist of it in the other posts following it---
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#51 » by greenbeans » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:03 pm

yeah, Gerald made heads turn too.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by bruno sundov » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:04 pm

Understood.
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#53 » by RamonSessions » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:11 pm

greenbeans wrote:yeah, Gerald made heads turn too.

Gerald didn't average those kind of assist numbers(he's not a PG, but still), I doubt he put up larger #'s every night while displaying a growth in each game that Ramon did--, have about a level ego about him( obviously this is why nobody wants him, MIN deals him, HOU signs waivers).

Ramon's potential > Gerald's potential, trust me-- if there's anything promising about the Bucks future it's more so the combination of Sessions / Bogut than it is the actual front court of Yi / Bogut.\

** Had Ramon stayed at Nevada another year, people have projected him to be a first round pick this year, possibly a lottery pick--- he's seriously not as low as you might be viewing him as , he didn't just get streaky throughout the games he played, it was a continual fruition of his skills.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#54 » by CeltsfaninDC » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:14 pm

RamonSessions wrote:Bogut is going to prove himself to be bigger than that next year, we'll just have wait for that one to unfold in the coming season--

I think you just proved my point. Bogut = Binky Overvaluing your own talent and thinking they are just one more year away from being the All star we all know they shoudl be. If he was going to be great he would already be well on his way. Right now he is on his way to be another mediocre big man.

RamonSessions wrote:Gerald Green shouldn't even be on level with Bogut, or even Ramon Sessions-- and he's only played 17 NBA games; athleticism only goes so far especially when you're a head case for no reason--
You mean Slam Dunk Champ Gerald Green? You mean the next TMac Gerald Green? How is that not greatness?
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#55 » by greenbeans » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:14 pm

like the man said, its a binky. aint nothing wrong with that
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,104

Post#56 » by UGA Hayes » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Assuming solid health a good deal for both sides. I'm always amazed how rarely teams trade players at positions they are overloaded at.
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#57 » by RamonSessions » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:20 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:
RamonSessions wrote:Bogut is going to prove himself to be bigger than that next year, we'll just have wait for that one to unfold in the coming season--

I think you just proved my point. Bogut = Binky Overvaluing your own talent and thinking they are just one more year away from being the All star we all know they shoudl be. If he was going to be great he would already be well on his way. Right now he is on his way to be another mediocre big man.

Bogut already did it the second-half of last season, I'm saying there's going to be a progression from Bogut's game last half of 2007-2008, which was already a Center just about anybody in the league would be more than happy to have. -----

I have nothing on me but if I were to give you the numbers he posted for the second half of the season , maybe you'd realize it, and that doesn't even completely show the development strides he made. Andrew became the leader of the Bucks during this period, the majority of the Bucks forum and Bucks fans would agree with this statement ........

from what I recall his avgs were up in this region

17 ppg , 10-12 rpg, 1.7 bpg, at least 1 apg
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#58 » by RamonSessions » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:34 pm

And if Gerald was really that hot , I seriously doubt HOU just drops him like they did.
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#59 » by Truthiracy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Toronto just does not know what they're doing, horrible deal for them. But I expect this out of the Raptors.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach

Post#60 » by bruno sundov » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:00 pm

G$ is coming back to the C's. They are going to make him the microwave. Instant offense off the bench. He is offense in a can!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics