ImageImageImage

If he is bought out?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Re: If he is bought out? 

Post#31 » by meatball sub » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:43 am

I wouldn't be against it. KG would probably keep him in line and KG is the only reason I wouldn't flip **** if this were to happen. Marbury is **** crazy though...
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,884

Post#32 » by SuperDeluxe » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:49 am

There is a God, and He will not allow this to happen to the Celtics.
billfromBoston
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#33 » by billfromBoston » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:17 am

...don't underestimate KG's strong relationship with Marbury...Steph has the size to play the 1 and the 2, so if TA and House leave, he could get 15 minutes at the point and another 15 minutes at SG...the team doesn't WANT its starters playing 35-40mpg during the regular season, or the post season if it can be avoided...

I am not a fan of Steph, but Sully is right, he's not a "bad" guy, just not a guy that ever could lead a team effectively...as a scoring option off the bench who's job it is to put up points and playmake a bit-I think KG could get him to buy into it...the massive decrease in salary and his diminished reputation should also make him much easier to deal with...Marbury is going to know, once the market presents itself, that this is the end of the line...

...potential high-impact move...
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#34 » by GuyClinch » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:36 am

^^^Cassell had a bunch of positive statistics in his name too before he came. I know because I posted them. :( The problem is the same with Cassell.. Marbury gets those guady stats via ball domination. Our offense is not designed for that.

Pete
MoBSTa
Junior
And1: 0

Post#35 » by MoBSTa » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:37 am

Well, somehow I feel I would rather look at grabbing a guy like Gary Payton or even a Jason williams. Or I would even try to get a kid like bynum that was in the D-League first.

It certainly, doesn't make any sence to take all these great veterans & Coaches and blow the leadership time they have left on other vets that have already proven to be unworthy of being a leader.

At somepoint, we have to try and start looking towards the future and rebuilding within while winning. If you get young players with heart, talent and willing to learn you can manage to make young good players into great players with the veterans that we have.

There are are good players and there are great players and then my friend you have Champions.
Our Coaches, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, and Paul Pierce are Champions. Young players will look up to them. They can make young good players into a champions champion.

I ask the Celtic's staff not to blow a roster spot on an unproven leader that has managed to tear a team apart. For the most part the family is still in boston that was here with Redd and Bill Russell.

The pride is back in Boston and please take your time in giving away any roster spots.
Please don't give away a roster position unto someone that is unworthy of the sacrifice it takes to be a leader. After all everyone should be worthy of wearing that Green Boston Celtics Jersey.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#36 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:58 pm

Green Menace wrote:he´d be the same as Cassalien only younger and worse locker room guy

If Cassell is a locker-room cancer (which he isn't, just using the example, humor me) then Marbury is a locker-room Ebola virus coupled with AIDS and smallpox, dysentery, cholera, and malaria. NO THANKS!

Return to Boston Celtics