ImageImageImage

Baron Davis opts out

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Re: Baron Davis opts out 

Post#21 » by Datruth345 » Tue Jul 1, 2008 9:37 am

does clevland have money to pursue him?
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
MoBSTa
Junior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by MoBSTa » Tue Jul 1, 2008 10:20 am

With Kobe and Shaq stirring the pot now, I could see the sun's making a run at Barron or Brand with a sign and trade to the Clippers, or the Warriors.

Actully, I believe Kerr is already on record stating he wants another PG.
I could also see Kerr unloading Shaq to the Clippers for Brand and while sending others away to get B-Ditty.

There is no doubt in my mind that Kerr has been waiting for this, after all you don't just give away 1st round picks or a player with the ability of Marion.

The Sun's are known for building through Free Agent's while trading for what they need.

Make no mistake, The Sun's will be in the Market for both player's.
Would you trade a Nash for B-Ditty after all I believe Nash is not happy and B-Ditty is infact a lot younger with the skills that Amare and the sun's need for them to succeed and play thier tempo.

Wouldn't it be hilarious for Kobe and Shaq to both be in L.A. while both playing in the staples center and carrying on this fued.

My Guess is there would be alot of freestylin in the Locker Room.
ROFL
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#23 » by campybatman » Tue Jul 1, 2008 1:58 pm

What's Golden State doing...? Is this heard of... I understand you don't have to use it. But, still... You can use it.

Davis, a 29-year-old veteran, repeatedly has said he intended to return to Golden State, but he might be displeased by Warriors coach Don Nelson's recent declarations about giving more playing time to Golden State's young players, even at the expense of a few victories next season. Nelson reiterated his plan Monday at a news conference to introduce draft picks Anthony Randolph and Richard Hendrix.

Golden State also failed to improve its roster by using its $10 million trade exception this summer. The exception, which was acquired when the Warriors traded Jason Richardson to Charlotte last June, was due to expire on Monday night.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8301 ... h-Warriors
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,875

Post#24 » by meatball sub » Tue Jul 1, 2008 2:07 pm

I know how good Baron Davis is. He's a top 5 PG in the league. It has more to do with Rondo than anything else. He just won a championship as our starting PG. There's absolutely no reason to change that. Baron for the MLE? Sure. But that certainly is not going to happen and when I see Ray for Baron S&T ideas I can't believe it.

Baron Davis pulled a Vince Carter this year. I don't compare the two players in any way other than the fatc that after numerous injury plagued seasons they each were able to play 82 games the year before they could opt out. This cannot be ignored and if Baron couldn't stay healthy through his mid-twenties then how can people expect him to stay healthy in his thirties? It definitely can happen, but is it really worth the risk? Not when you consider his style of play and how much money he's going to make.

He's a very exciting player, there's no doubt about it. But you have to look at the situation as a whole and realize that he's only opting out from 17 million because he knows he misses a ton of games and he just played an entire season for the first time since 01-02. I'm not saying he's the bloody vagina that Vince Carter is, I'm just saying that he is a very injury prone player and breaking up the chemistry on this team to trade for him doesn't fit our style of play nor is it a smart investment.
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,473

Post#25 » by AlCelticFan » Tue Jul 1, 2008 2:12 pm

True. We definitely aren't getting B. Davis for cheap, so we'd have to mess up our team to get him.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#26 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Jul 1, 2008 2:59 pm

Well I think everyone is overrating Rondo. Sure he was our starting PG. But he played 27 mpg in the Finals mostly due to him being a huge offensive liability with his inability to hit an open jumper.

Our backup PGs played more then our starting PG in the Finals because he was a liability on offense. Not because he was in foul trouble but because he was a liability.

Rondo has a long ways to go before he should be respected.
Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Post#27 » by Truthiracy » Tue Jul 1, 2008 3:05 pm

Say NOOOO to Baron Davis
Debate the Conspiracy master on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/truthiracy3

Return to Boston Celtics