ImageImageImage

OT-Gerald Green to join the Mavericks

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

eloper
Starter
And1: 82

Re: OT-Gerald Green to join the Mavericks 

Post#81 » by eloper » Wed Jul 9, 2008 10:34 pm

Thank you greenbeans, I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks all the Gerald trashing is overboard and petty.

The last two comments from Prophet_C and MyInsatiableOne were both pretty pathetic, I won't bother dignifying them with a real response.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#82 » by bruno sundov » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:43 am

Prophet_C wrote:Are you GG's "partner" or something? Jesus that's some man crush. Are you going to just cream all over GG if you ever meet him?

"OMG GERALD I'M YOUR BIGGEST AND ONLY FAN"

*splurt*

Sorry I couldn't resist....

LOL!! It's not even about G$ at this point. It is just about busting GG5's balls. LOL.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#83 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:50 pm

greenbeans wrote:no, it was in regards to you and the negative way you continually trash
on the kid. nothing personal, it just seems petty as hell

I see, so it's OK for us all to have a big "Ha Ha" making fun of Scal or TA, but G$ is off limits? You sure he didn't tag one of YOUR family members and maybe you're a little jealous? 8-)

In all seriousness, Bruno is right, at this point it's about busting on GG5. And if any of you actually READ MY **** POSTS BEFORE, you'd see I said I wasn't rooting for him to fail, just expecting him to. That's like saying I'm not rooting for rain, but based on those big-ass clouds, I'm expecting it to. And I said at this point I'd almost start rooting for him to fail just to shut his groupies up (you and GG5). Got it?
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Tricky Ricky
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#84 » by Tricky Ricky » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:56 pm

Im probably one of the biggest G$ fans there is but dont expect him to make it through the season in Dallas, I want him to succeed so bad but if u cant get mins in MINN theres a problem. But then again everyone expected Rocky to lose to Apollo Creed and he ended up winning, maybe Gerald can form himself into the modern day Rocky!!! :D
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach

Post#85 » by bruno sundov » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:12 pm

Tricky Ricky wrote:Im probably one of the biggest G$ fans there is but dont expect him to make it through the season in Dallas, I want him to succeed so bad but if u cant get mins in MINN theres a problem. But then again everyone expected Rocky to lose to Apollo Creed and he ended up winning, maybe Gerald can form himself into the modern day Rocky!!! :D

You didn't know G$ couldn't get minutes because there was too many wings on the team already. You had mcCants and brewer and are and. Someone else I'm sure.

Rocky was fictional ya know!!! :D
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#86 » by greenbeans » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:50 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:And if any of you actually READ MY **** POSTS BEFORE

i assume the ****=something that rhymes with with because that would actually make sense for once
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#87 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:21 pm

Gee you sure are slow...I've never heard of a swear that rhymes with "with"....maybe you meant rhymes with "spit", that it son?

And actually it rhymes with "trucking", such as "Gee, greenbeans sure is acting like a trucking moron"

Clear, kid?

And apparently the answer to whether or not you actually read my posts was a resounding NO...keep on keepin' on! :roll:
Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Post#88 » by Prophet_C » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:Gee you sure are slow...I've never heard of a swear that rhymes with "with"....maybe you meant rhymes with "spit", that it son?

And actually it rhymes with "trucking", such as "Gee, greenbeans sure is acting like a trucking moron"

Clear, kid?

And apparently the answer to whether or not you actually read my posts was a resounding NO...keep on keepin' on! :roll:

What did you eat this morning? You're all worked up today?

ease up on greenbeans. That cat is cool.
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#89 » by greenbeans » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:32 pm

your obviously not astute at using the * in place of swear words, because if you were, youd have used a sliver of writing sense and put 7 of em there to make it a legible sentence, guy.
but hey, its realgm, why make sense??!?!
Man_Up
Senior
And1: 1

Post#90 » by Man_Up » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:09 am

I don't understand how GG has fans.

He has solid shot, and freak athleticism, but no knowledge of how to play the game. It's not like his game is pretty either. He had one of the most awkward looking games I ever saw. He always looked like he was off balance, and lost defensively, and he didn't impress me standing in the corner on O.

What i found to be most frustrating about Gerald was his inability to get to the rim. What good is a 40 inch vertical when you can't get to the rim? The few times he did get to the rack he rarely finished due to being too weak to finish strong. It was especially frustrating knowing that the kid was probably the most athletic person on the floor and the least likely to get a dunk off.

Really I just don't get it. I rooted for the kid when he was here, and dismissed his flaws, but that's because he was a Celtic. Now that he's not I see no reason to continue that and don't see why anyone else would.
Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#91 » by GuyClinch » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:49 am

I'm pointing to JR Smith...who was given up on by two teams before catching on in Denver. What makes his situation so much different from Gerald's? JR "got it" a year earlier, but he also received playing time a year earlier than Gerald, and had a significantly better pre-NBA pedigree.

Well the big difference is that JR Smith was like a Ricky Davis. The dude could always ball -that's always the impression I got. But he was such a stubborn headcase that teams gave up on him. GG OTOH seems like a guy who NEVER put it together.

I swear to god. I don't remember ONE DAMN GAME - where I said OMG -this GG has "IT". Never. LIke is said before at this point I think Kedrick was the better prospect. While exhibiting much the same lost in space suckitude on O that GG does.. He at least could D a guy up.

Like I said why you continue to hold out for the guy is beyond me. What's bad for the guy is he doesn't even exhibit the skills that you would see in a bit player. If he played crazy good D ala Tony Allen you could see a team just using him here or there for years to come. He doesn't really have the one on one moves to really be a go to 'bench" scorer like Ricky Davis.

You need to FEATURE GG to get even a glimmer out of the guy. So for that reason I just don't think he sticks in the league.

Pete
eloper
Starter

Post#92 » by eloper » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:38 pm

JR Smith was always a good player? So his first few years with a 10.9 and 12.7 PER on his high usage rates impressed you? If that's the case, Gerald's first two years should have impressed you too...The only thing JR really showed to be any better at was passing (and not by a whole lot), but his rates across the board are near identical to what Gerald's were his first two years (while Gerald was the more efficient and equally prolific scorer of the two). Going to Denver JR had been given up by two teams already, had a multitude of questions being asked about his work ethic and desire, and a multitude of questions about the BBIQ of a guy who can supposedly shoot and slash, but somehow puts up a TS% of .49% or so over his first two years. JR thought he was a star because he put up 10 a game on awful percentages his rookie year, his ego was huge, and it wasn't until the Bulls let him go that he seemed to wake up. There isn't a single concern with Gerald that wasn't at one time a concern with JR. The light went on for JR, he worked hard, and he found a system in Denver that played towards his strengths. Hopefully the same has happened for Gerald in Dallas, but one way or the other, if you're dismissing Gerald's ability to play in this league, you should have been dismissing JR's as well. The biggest difference is all of JR's turmoil came after his 2nd year in the league (and 2nd season getting playing time), while Gerald's came in the middle of his 3rd year (and 2nd getting playing time). I don't see any reason why JR could get it and Gerald can't, especially when the best you can come up with is the "I don't remember ONE DAMN GAME - where I said OMG -this GG has "IT"."

Early in the 06-07 he had 21 against Memphis in 25 minutes, leading a 4th quarter comeback that ultimately fell 2 points short (no fault of Gerald who hit a late 3 to tie things up). I saw "IT" that game." He only took 10 shots that game....though I guess he needs to be the #1 option to show you anything. Later he scored 21 on Cleveland in 19 minutes on 13 FGA. In Milwaukee he scored 21 in 19 minutes on 8-9 shooting. He scored 21 in 20 minutes against the Knicks on 6-9 shooting. You can say all you want about Gerald being inconsistent as hell, but he's played his best when he ISN'T the primary scorer. He's not suited for that role, but he's always been perfectly capable of hitting open shots, and when there are good players around him, he'll do that. His PER dropped over 2 points after Pierce got hurt because Gerald simply wasn't capable of being the primary ball handler in an offense. The best game for Gerald as a primary scorer was the Atlanta game where scored 33, but in that game he was doing A LOT of catch and shooting and far less ball handling than usual after Pierce had gone down.

The "IT" game to me was against LA on 02/23/07, when he scored 21 points on 7-13, and matched Kobe shot for shot after he entered the game near the end of the 1st quarter. Kobe had 21 in the 1st and looked damn near unstoppable, and Gerald came in and played the best defense I've seen him play. Kobe finished with 38, but the way he was playing in the 1st quarter, there wasn't anyone who thought Gerald hadn't played top tier defense, including Doc who gave him some high praise, and Kobe himself who made encouraging comments about Green. That's when I thought he had "IT," when you come into a game to guard a red hot Kobe Bryant and match him point for point the rest of the way. Sure, it was a blow out, and you can try to diminish what Gerald did in that game because of it, but Kobe was playing hard the entire time out there, seemingly enjoying the little battle he was having with Gerald, enough to the point where he went out of his way to compliment Gerald after the game.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#93 » by GuyClinch » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:56 pm

^^^ You have a problem. I am serious. So many words waisted on such a lousy player. I give up.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach

Post#94 » by bruno sundov » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:02 pm

GuyClinch wrote:^^^ You have a problem. I am serious. So many words waisted on such a lousy player. I give up.

He should go to Obsessive Anonymous. WHy don't you obsess over something that could actually help you like yoga or money.

Just a suggestion. I refused to even read your last post. I can't imagine you said anything different there then the previous 2,000 post about G$.

Good luck with that obsession to.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#95 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:24 pm

GuyClinch wrote:^^^ You have a problem. I am serious. So many words waisted on such a lousy player. I give up.

I know, seriously...I think he wants to have Gerald's baby or something...it's sad. Him and greenbeans with all the man-love for G$ is lame...I'm out of this discussion! It's like trying to tell a teenager why rap music sucks...no matter how right you are, they just won't listen because they don't WANT to.

Enjoy your life together with Gerald, guys...much happiness! :lol:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
eloper
Starter

Post#96 » by eloper » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:14 pm

And yet you keep responding? I sure as hell didn't post all 7 pages in this thread. I still enjoy that every time I bring up JR Smith to you Pete, you're never able to counter with a legitimate reason why Gerald can't make the same type of turnaround.

But you and Insatiable can go ahead and insult a poster rather trying to make actual arguments. I believed this board to be a forum for basketball related discussions, I don't understand why you bother posting in this thread when you have no real intention of discussing basketball.

:roll:
greenbeans
RealGM

Post#97 » by greenbeans » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:36 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:

I know, seriously...I think he wants to have Gerald's baby or something...it's sad. Him and greenbeans with all the man-love for G$ is lame...I'm out of this discussion! It's like trying to tell a teenager why rap music sucks...no matter how right you are, they just won't listen because they don't WANT to.

Enjoy your life together with Gerald, guys...much happiness! :lol:
i was just responding to your lame arguments gettin so worked up about this. i was never more than an average fan of his, dont pigeon-hole me with the man-love GG5 is going with. i just dont get what would drive you to hate the guy so much, is there a good reason for it??

and anyone who doesnt enjoy some rap(old or young) is just close-minded and stereotyping something they dont know anything about.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#98 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:39 pm

^^I know man, just bustin' your chops...GG5 is the one with a serious man-crush on G$

Oh, and except for some older rap, it sux 8-)
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
armageddon
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#99 » by armageddon » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:33 am

Just watched the first quarter of Dallas's summer league team with the infamous G-money. Same game, same guy. No potential there, he just is what he is, great athlete, AAAA ball-player (to use a baseball analogy).

Return to Boston Celtics