ImageImageImage

FA Ricky Davis

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Re: FA Ricky Davis 

Post#16 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 2, 2008 7:53 pm

the Ricky era had to be one of the saddest in Celtics history looking back at it. we were enthralled with mediocrity and didnt even realize it
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#17 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Jul 2, 2008 8:09 pm

^No ****, Ricky and the team when he was here SUCKED!

Good riddance to bad rubbish and no thank you to an encore!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#18 » by greenbeans » Wed Jul 2, 2008 8:13 pm

but werent you excited?? i know i was when we had that Pierce/GP/Toine/Ricky team heading into the playoffs. how sad is that??
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#19 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 9:01 pm

Boo-hoo. Ricky was a 6th man contender on a horrible team. That says something about how well he did in that role in order to get serious contention.

Ricky is not Posey. Ricky can't guard big players like Posey. Ricky can shoot the 3 like Posey, Ricky can initiate the offense like.. no one on the bench. Ricky can bring the ball up the floor like... no one on the bench.

There are obvious posititve aspects of having Ricky as our 6th man, is he proven clutch and a tall defender like Posey? NO. But he will solve our ballhandling issues and there is no promblem with House as a PG when you have Ricky bringing the ball up.

Ricky didn't display selfish ball on the court when he was here, and he lead the team in Assists per game. And as for the person posting the ealier pic who could forget this.. you realized you just posted a game winning shot right?

Ricky would be fine coming off the bench and excuse me if I think he could bring more then then James Jones to our team.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#20 » by eitanr » Wed Jul 2, 2008 9:06 pm

Look that's a very nice plan C. I agree that A and B are Maggs and Posey...if both fail, then you go after Ricky...but only if both fail. He would be a nice piece on this team as a 6th man.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#21 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 9:18 pm

Well obvs Posey or Maggz are dream scenerios (feels odd saying that knowing that it could come true, how being a celtic fan has changed). But that's not what posters are saying in this thread.

They're saying Ricky=Marbury level when it comes to promblems and attitude wich means you don't sign him for free.

And before people get to it, yes I'm a Ricky Davis fan. He is a favorite of mine. So yes I am bias then teh average fan.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Tricky Ricky » Wed Jul 2, 2008 9:26 pm

Wow I cant believe all the hate for Ricky, if we dont get Posey or Maggette Id love Ricky, If he was such a bad locker room guy I doubt Pierce/KG/Danny/Doc would want him back and we will not sign him back so no worries.
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#23 » by meatball sub » Wed Jul 2, 2008 9:32 pm

Teams with Ricky Davis on their roster flat out do not win. This guy has Juwan Howard-syndrom, no thanks.
celtsloyalty
Senior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by celtsloyalty » Wed Jul 2, 2008 10:48 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:I am so **** sick of some people on this board wanting to bring back the garbage we were lucky to jettison in the first place. If it's not Al, Gomes, Delonte, or Antoine, the answer is a resounding FRUCK NO!!

And Antoine?? Im so sick of people saying that they would want to bring back Antoine **** walker. Not only is he out of shap, fat, and can't defend but he is also a "me" hero player with his jacking up three antics. He would think it was the "big four" if he was on this team.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#25 » by GuyClinch » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:40 am

Ricky coming back is unlikely as he doesn't play the kind of defense Posey or Magette would - guys who are far more physically imposing. He was a pretty good player while he was here though so I am not so filled with hatred at the idea.

Pete
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#26 » by Gomes3PC » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:52 am

Rocky5000 wrote:You guys know that you all loved Ricky when he was here. He has given us all some great memories as a Celtic. The details on locker room problems didn't come out until after he was traded, so I am not sure how serious that actually was. You had Blount, Banks, and Davis who apparently made up a contingent who weren't really into Doc's teachings. At the time, you'd probably find few fans who were into what he was doing with the basketball team as well.

Most basketball players in the league, believe that they are the best guy on the floor, for Ricky this is especially true to almost a point of absurdity. I will say that it's less likely for a marginal player to behave that way when he is on a winning team, so Ricky won't be as bad as he has been in the past. Furthermore, we have all seen how effective Davis was in his 6th man role when he was backing up Tony. In this role, it's okay for him to be a hotshot, because what we want most from our 6th man is for him to score a lot of points for us. Having Ricky start along side Pierce was not effective, because of their similarities, but using him off the bench for a scoring punch, really worked out well.

I don't think Blount, Banks, or Davis are really into ANY coach's teachings. Banks never cracked D'Antoni's rotation, while Blount and Davis were never in the good graces of Pat Riley. I can understand if you don't get along with Doc, although by the sounds of 99% of other players that's tough to do. But if you can't get along with Doc, D'Antoni, OR Riley, then YOU are the problem; those guys have 3 totally disparate styles and if you can't find a home in one of those three, you can't find one anywhere (except maybe Isiah Thomas' bizarro-world style).
C-West
Bench Warmer
And1: 491

Post#27 » by C-West » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:10 am

I saw a photo of Bill Walker holding up a No. 12 Celtics jersey, so it can't really happen. j/k

Seriously - if it comes down to Ricky as "Plan C" - I'd rather give that role to one of the kids. We drafted wings for a reason, and we even gave one of them Ricky's old number. In the backup wing situation, Giddens/Walker will be no worse than Ricky, particularly with this teams' philosophy.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#28 » by CeltsfaninDC » Thu Jul 3, 2008 12:40 pm

I think we should try to get Blount back too. He was such a great center while he was here. I remember a game where he scored a bunch of points. He had a great, winning attitude too.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#29 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jul 3, 2008 12:49 pm

CeltsfaninDC wrote:I think we should try to get Blount back too. He was such a great center while he was here. I remember a game where he scored a bunch of points. He had a great, winning attitude too.

I agree, we should trade Ray Allen (just like everyone on here says) for Ricky and Blount. That would be so AWESOME!

Sadly, CeltsfaninDC, our sarcasm will probably be lost on the dopes who pine for those two "great players"...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics