ImageImageImage

Why won't Darius Miles tell himself to retire?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

MoBSTa
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Why won't Darius Miles tell himself to retire? 

Post#141 » by MoBSTa » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:52 am

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/ ... son/296257

Well one thing is for sure he is going to get paid 18 million this season.
He also has the motovation to try to win a spot on a teams roster.
He may Also have motovation to prove the Blazers wrong and the Portland Media.
Who has ever been a legit player traded or let go from portlands team?
Zach Randolph, Sheed, Jermain Oneal?

The funny thing is there simply looks like a trend in Portland to me.
I guess it could just be the players, or it could be the strippers or the hoes.
It also could be the fact that the Blazers Front Office may have a Problem.

How does a team trainer let a player blow up to 285 pounds anyway unless he is 7ft tall?

To be honest I like a lot of qualities this kid has had in the past, at the very least he can be another Low Post Threat to other teams.

I truly believe this kid can play, or he wouldn't be working for another job.
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#142 » by campybatman » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:32 pm

Well, this is certainly one way to look at it. I wonder if there's any bit of the slightest truth to this.

Wizenheimer wrote:this will be interesting.

First of all, I'm thinking that Ainge is holding a grudge against KP and the Blazers. KP flummoxed him in the telfair trade, and then the blazers leapfrogged the Celts and landed Oden. I think Ainge has been on a slow boil about that for a couple of years. He also...IIRC...left portland on somewhat poor terms back in his playing days, and had a couple of unflattering things to say back then. So this may be his "revenge is a dish best tasted cold" moment.

The next thing will be if Miles can survive a training camp and exhibition season. It will be interesting to see how much he actually participates.

Then, it's going to be real interesting to see what the reaction will be from KP and the blazer management. . Will they challenge the CBA considering that section of the rules has never been tested before? After all, they went through all the CBA mandated procedures in apparent good faith.

And if Miles does play, the blazers will have to explain that fact in comparison to all their assessments otherwise. They will have lost not only the cap-space, but also the opportunity to leverage Miles's expiring contract into something.

And part of the blazer's reaction may have to be move up the timeline for upgrade from next summer to this season. Lafrentz's expiring and 5 draft picks in the next draft may make that imperative.
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#143 » by Banks2Pierce » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:22 pm

Come on. We just won a championship. why would Ainge care about Portland "fleecing" us in a trade when it was that same trade that helped us land KG? Not to mention, Roy is having another knee surgery and we ended up getting rondo in that draft.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,514

Post#144 » by canman1971 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:05 am

I think one Mile thread is good enough. No need to bring this back.

Return to Boston Celtics