ImageImageImage

Celtics sign Patrick O'Bryant!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Re: Celtics sign Patrick O'Bryant! 

Post#201 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:30 am

Oh, by the by, since a fair amount of the discussion revolved around the Warriors and their bigs, as an explanation for Patrick's lack of success there, I should mention: Turiaf is doing great for the Warriors, their best free agent signing in as long a time as I can remember.
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#202 » by Dogen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:50 am

Twink, what took ya so long?
Hey you! Can we come together?
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#203 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:All in all, looks like Patrick's signing was a wash, so no harm, no foul.

This does shine a different light on some topics raised in this thread though: Nellie was right about Patrick, and the Warriors didn't "waste" his talent; Patrick's lack of success with the Warriors was not due to the "screwed up" system there; and Clifford Ray may be a good teacher, but he's no miracle worker.

I'm sure there will continue to be a limited market for Patrick around the League though: there are no shortage of opportunities for stiffs, as long as they are seven feet tall.

Well said twink..where ya been?

POB's problem is his work ethic (or lack thereof)...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#204 » by sully00 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:Oh, by the by, since a fair amount of the discussion revolved around the Warriors and their bigs, as an explanation for Patrick's lack of success there, I should mention: Turiaf is doing great for the Warriors, their best free agent signing in as long a time as I can remember.

Well I think the disussion was about centers and Ronny Turiaf is a 6'8" PF who plays center because Don Nelson is his coach.

Not saying it is right or wrong the center position may all but be dead because of the illegal defense rules as well as the league moving more and more to a face up game but Ronny Turiaf is not a center.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#205 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:09 pm

^True, but how many true centers are left in the league? Even a guy like Tim Duncan, who should be a center, is a pansy about playing at the 5 (he even bristles at being CONSIDERED a center...remember him bitching about the All-Star ballot listing him as a WC Center last year?)
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics