ImageImageImage

Marbury says Celtics on his radar

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Re: Marbury says Celtics on his radar 

Post#61 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:09 pm

bruno sundov wrote:I have faith in DA but man there is no way he is considering this cat. None at all I tell you.

Agreed. Red wouldn't have touched this guy with someone else's 10-ft pole.

Some people are beyond redemption and Marbury would appear to be one of them!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#62 » by bruno sundov » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:41 pm

Here is a link to one of the greatest pics ever.

http://deadspin.com/5025124/marburys-he ... gry-masses
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#63 » by Taget » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:00 pm

Rocky5000 wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa, Steph, I don't blame you for wanting to come to Boston, but I doubt anyone in Boston has reached out to him. I will say that if given the option between Marbury and Cassell, I'd lean towards Marbury. Hopefully, we don't have to make a choice like that, and this is Marbury just talking crazy again.

Danny's resident "brain doctor" is going to have a blast evaluating Steph.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#64 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:01 pm

Gahhh that tat is HIDEOUS, aesthetically and also its location...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#65 » by campybatman » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:24 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:
Athanacropolis wrote:I'd take him maybe if he got the Celtics logo tattooed on the other side of his head.

I just saw a pic of that on SI.com...absolutely hideous...just like Marbury, inside and out.

And then there's Rondo...

Oh, and of course, Billups... I believe he'd "altered" it after he was traded from the Celtics...

MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#66 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:41 pm

I didn't know Rondo had a huge back tat...ugh.

I personally don't like tats on anyone, but Marbury's is one of the worst since it's ON HIS **** HEAD! It's the Tyson tat of the NBA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
P2
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#67 » by P2 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:43 pm

What? Marbury is probably the first NBA player ever with a tattoo on his head. I really didn't know.
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#68 » by campybatman » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:09 pm

I never understood why I person gets a tattoo in a place that isn't regularly visible to you since you'd paid for it.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#69 » by Celtics_Champs » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:19 pm

Tattoos aren't bad, you just need to make them work you you. Like sometimes, a tat on someones neck looks hideous, but others can pull it off.

As for starburys tat, this is probably the 2nd worst in sports, it would be first, if it wasn't for mike tyson getting one on his face a week before his big fight.
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#70 » by 15th overall » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:24 am

I've never been much of a Marbury fan (although I admit, I got 3 pairs of non basketball Starburys. Hell of a bargain.) but I don't get why he's getting vilified to this degree here. He's definitely got a few screws loose but I dont think he's anywhere near as big of an ass as he's being painted to be.

IMO alot of the hate has to do with people being sucked into the otherworldly sensationalism of the NY media (ditto for A-Rod). I dont remember the board being anywhere near this opposed when those Ruben Patterson rumors were flying around last offseason and he ****in raped his kid's babysitter!

I don't think there's a coach in the league better suited to pull in the reigns on Steph than Doc Rivers. So if he's bought out and Doc + The Big 3 are cool with bringin Steph in for small money then I say go for it. He'd obviously be the most talented player on the market.

If he doesn't work out than Wyc has to sneeze out 800K to rid us of him... big MF'n deal.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
Tenbomber
Banned User
And1: 989

Post#71 » by Tenbomber » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:43 am

MyInsatiableOne wrote:Sorry guys. I just get tired of people being so blindly following of anything Ainge does or the team does...I love the team as much as everyone here, but they're not infallible the same way some folks on here think. And usually (not in this thread, but in the past) they proceed to browbeat those of us who dissent a little. Sorry for being a little harsh...I'll try to hold my tongue (er, keyboard) next time!

Ainge isn't an issue as far as I'm concerned....Hey what he did produced a championship club....not easy to do in this day and age!....

He has both my respect and my admiration....

But in no way would I ever browbeat you for having a differing opinion about Ainge's capabilities or his decisions...

Actually,

Up until last year's performance, I wanted to see Doc gone...ASAP

But Doc has since earned my respect and the respect of many others who also thought the same thing... He is a suitable NBA coach for a championship team....He has proved his worth....that's just the way it is...(no appologies)....I caught plenty of heat for that...

Opinions are just that though....we shouldn't be beating each other up over them...
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,092

Post#72 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:04 am

P2 wrote:What? Marbury is probably the first NBA player ever with a tattoo on his head. I really didn't know.

He's definitely the first professional athlete with a commercial logo tattooed on his noggin. Stephon Marbury is a promotion genius, the mind behind a new paradigm in marketing communications.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#73 » by NashtyNas » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:16 am

i dont want marbury to have anything to do with the C's

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#74 » by 15th overall » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:03 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
P2 wrote:What? Marbury is probably the first NBA player ever with a tattoo on his head. I really didn't know.

He's definitely the first professional athlete with a commercial logo tattooed on his noggin. Stephon Marbury is a promotion genius, the mind behind a new paradigm in marketing communications.

They may not be on his head but LeBron already has 2 tatts referencing his nike promotions.

And theyre pretty arrogant ones too, "the chosen one" and (of course) "witness."
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#75 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:46 pm

^^All those tats will look pretty **** in 40 years when these guys are old and wrinkled!

I'd get tats myself if I could get rid of them easily and painlessly whenever I wanted, but since I can't, no thanks!

BTW, arrogant ones like LeBron's are the WORST! :lol:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#76 » by Rocky5000 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:14 pm

It looks like Marbury is definitely getting bought out. The Knicks signed Roberson at guard, and now have 16 players on their roster.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3491677
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,483

Post#77 » by shackles10 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Jerome James could be gone instead or figure out some way to have his injury retire him.
Kobe_not_MJ
Ballboy

Post#78 » by Kobe_not_MJ » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:47 pm

sd1306 wrote:i dont want marbury to have anything to do with the C's

Marbury is his cousin Sebastian Telfair with a jumpshot and an even bigger head. Two years ago, Telfair was one of the biggest reasons we won only 24 games. Telfair was the worst PG in Celtics history (who was worse than Telfair?). We don't need another repeat of Telfair.
francishsu
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#79 » by francishsu » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Maybe if Marbury would be willing to undergo multiple ubuntu brainwashing sessions. What would an ubuntuized-Starbury look like? I can't even wrap my head around the idea.
Celtic Thug RIP @ Healthpoint
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#80 » by GuyClinch » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Telfair is hardly the worst Celtic PG ever. how about Dan Dickau? Or JR Bremer?..just to name a few.
But that's beside the point.

Marbury is a bit more risky - but he does have some upside. he could look at a short stint here as a chance to fix his repuation and a kind of tryout for one last good pay day. I absolutely think he could play with the C's.

I think Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge secretly don't want Eddie House back THAT badly - at least not in a back up PG role. They really lust after someone with real PG skills. Hence the need to play the ancient Cassell over House.

Marbury has those skills - he can drive and dish quite well. So I think it's likely we pick him up if his price is low.

Pete

Return to Boston Celtics