ImageImageImage

Tyrone Lue says we're cheap

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

PPAW4Life
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Tyrone Lue says we're cheap 

Post#31 » by PPAW4Life » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:55 pm

Lue is a vet he's not a marginal player who is going to take the vet min.

The Vet min. is for guys like PJ Brown and Gary Payton...guys on the brink of RETIREMENT.

C's should feel so lucky that House and Posey signed for so cheap last year.

Now we just toss them aside because we're over the luxury.

Fact is the C's have won banner 17 and do not feel the need to spend anymore to win another one.

We are going to go into next season with the Big 3...our young guys and some more young guys and hope to repeat.
Al-Haqq
Starter
And1: 1

Post#32 » by Al-Haqq » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:11 pm

Some of you guys are funny ...

1st it's "We should try sign Lue as a back-up PG"

then he signs with the Bucks and all of a sudden it's: "He sucks anyways"

We need a PG - a veteran one.

PENNY HARDAWAY? [not as a pg, but a SF]

Thoughts?
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#33 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Al-Haqq wrote:Some of you guys are funny ...

1st it's "We should try sign Lue as a back-up PG"

then he signs with the Bucks and all of a sudden it's: "He sucks anyways"

We need a PG - a veteran one.

PENNY HARDAWAY? [not as a pg, but a SF]

Thoughts?

They said he sucks because he made a crack at celtics brass. Not because he chose milwaukee. At least I think. I mean if lue chooses mil, your bitter. But when lue makes fun of us, your pissed.

Why are we talking about this guy anyway... if it wasn't for an old video game where I had to play streetball against this guy in the first level I wouldn't know who he is.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,739

Post#34 » by meatball sub » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:54 pm

It's funny how so many guys in the NBA think they're better than they really are. In this case, Tyrone Lue doesn't realize that he sucks ass...
ryaningf
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,738

Post#35 » by ryaningf » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:09 pm

Tyronne Lue? Come on. The guy played OK defense on Iverson about 8 years ago in the Finals, and he can make an occasional 3 pointer (at a 38% clip throughout his career). And he has decent point guard skills. He's also small and fragile and losing a step as we speak. But on this team, behind Rondo and probably Pruitt, it only makes GOOD BUSINESS sense to sign someone for the minimum because they're hardly going to play anyway. Frankly, someone willing to come to Boston to take just the minimum is already showing the sacrifice needed to win a championship and they're the exact kind of player we're looking for. If Lue wants to go to Milwaukee, ride the bench, and be lucky to make the playoffs, all for $600,000, then let him. He's not a winner and he's not a Celtic. It's that simple.

Now, if we were talking about someone who would actually play meaningful minutes and help this team win games consistently, then it would be a different story. Ownership has shown a willingness to pay for good players. But Lue is a marginal player and he only deserves a minimum contract.
The leaks are real...the news is fake.

I'm just here for the memes.
Celtic Esquire
General Manager
And1: 3,674

Post#36 » by Celtic Esquire » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Lue can kiss my butt. He's a useless scrub who plays worse defense than Dan Dickau.

I wouldn't sign him for $1 let alone whatever the hell he's asking for. I don't know why he thinks, along with some of the posters on this board, that he's somehow the second coming of Tiny Archibald.
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#37 » by gocelts » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:31 pm

Lue is worth no more than the minimum on this team, his little rant simply comes from not being tall enough to get on the big boy rides at the amusement park.

Lue is so short you can see his feet on his drivers license photo.
~gocelts

Return to Boston Celtics