ImageImageImage

OT: Pierce on Best Damn

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Re: OT: Pierce on Best Damn 

Post#21 » by Celtsfan1980 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 4:39 pm

Some disrespect shown. They're just asking a question, and I see no reason to think they're trolling. I think most fans here are generally very respectful towards other fan bases when they post on here, but not in this case unfortunately.
nasbahceltic
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#22 » by nasbahceltic » Sat Aug 2, 2008 7:02 pm

Lebron is clearly the best player in the world right now and proved it by winning the 1 on 1 battle against Pierce for most of that Cleveland series (although it was close as evidenced by the game 7 showdown).

Paul has always dominated Kobe throughout their careers, but I would be hesitant to call Paul the better player (Pierce just being an extremely tough matchup for Kobe). Outside of Manu I'd say Kobe has to be the player I hate most in the NBA, but you have to give the man respect, he is an all-time great at his position (definitely top 5 all time at sg). Although I believe his defense has always been terribly overrated, there is no denying his greatness as an offensive player.

In regards to Paul's comments, people should stop taking it so serious. The man is entitled to his opinion and his team just disposed of Lebron and Kobe's teams on the way to him earning finals MVP. If you're not allowed to make statements proclaiming your greatness after such a run then I don't know when you can.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#23 » by GuyClinch » Sun Aug 3, 2008 12:15 pm

Lebron is clearly the best player in the world right now and proved it by winning the 1 on 1 battle against Pierce for most of that Cleveland series (although it was close as evidenced by the game 7 showdown).

Lebron shot very poorly in that series. I don't think you can claim he won the battle. Though of course he shot so poorly because our entire team schemed against him.. Remember how he shot 2-18 in game 1 and 6 - 24 in game 2..

It's amazing how quickly people forget.

Pete
EdSkae
Senior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by EdSkae » Sun Aug 3, 2008 4:13 pm

[quote="nasbahceltic"]Lebron is clearly the best player in the world right now and proved it by winning the 1 on 1 battle against Pierce for most of that Cleveland series (although it was close as evidenced by the game 7 showdown).

]

Lebron is the more natrully gifted player. But PP playing with KG, Ray, Rondo, Perk and the underated C's bench is a better player. Then Lebron is playing on the current Cavs team. In my opinion PP should be praised for his loyalty and devotion through the tough times with the Celtics. As talented as Lebron is. For me to ever put him in the same CLASS and respect him the way I respect PP. Lebron needs to stay with and win with the Cavs. If he bails on the Cavs He will be just another great it's all about me player.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#25 » by Celtsfan1980 » Mon Aug 4, 2008 5:15 pm

I hate all of this talk about Kobe or Lebron being the best. Tim Duncan has led his team to many Championships. Until either Lebron or Kobe does that multiple times(neither have done it once yet), I will continue to consider Duncan as the best player.

Return to Boston Celtics