ImageImageImage

Top 10 players in the NBA

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Re: Top 10 players in the NBA 

Post#41 » by Dogen » Tue Aug 5, 2008 1:52 am

Oh, and I forgot:

#11--- Mark Blount in a contract year.
Hey you! Can we come together?
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,707

Post#42 » by SLCceltic » Tue Aug 5, 2008 2:58 am

^ :lol:

CP
Shobe
Howard
LeBron
KG
TDuncan
PaulP
Dirk
Artest with his head on right
DWade/Yao/Amare/AI
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#43 » by sully00 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 3:14 am

Spin Move wrote:In no order the top 10 players are

Kobe
Lebron
Chris Paul
KG
Deron Williams
Tim Duncan
Paul Pierce
Dwight Howard
Amare
Steve Nash

This is the best list I have seen.

But there is a guy who was always on these lists and last season he scored 26 ppg with 7 apg and a career low in TO's and a career high in FG% and 3 pt% while leading the NBA in mpg and playing all 82.

Talk about an Eastcoast bias, love him or hate him Allen Iverson is still one of the ten best players in the NBA and maybe better than ever.

I think Nash's time has come and gone.
LongTimeFan
Analyst
And1: 292

Post#44 » by LongTimeFan » Tue Aug 5, 2008 11:00 am

Yeh Iversen is like top five. The guy doesn't even need to practice. Oh wait a minute, that attitude hurts the team.

A lot of these so called top ten players are pretty high maintenance. Pierce, KG, and Allen are force multipliers. They make their teamates better.

We've all just witnessed how Kobe's prima donna attitude was a force divider. I wouldn't put him on the list at all. He may have the skills but his floor presense hurts other players. It is very hard to say, because we have the best team.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#45 » by bruno sundov » Tue Aug 5, 2008 1:42 pm

1. LBJ
2. KG
3. P2
4. TD
5. KB24
6.CP3
7.Nash
8.Dirk
9.Howard
10. Wade

LBJ is by far the best. P2 is the best 2/3 in the L behind lebron. He proved that this summer. I think KG had a better year than TD all around. The other guys ae just nasty.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by sully00 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 2:39 pm

Yeh Iversen is like top five. The guy doesn't even need to practice. Oh wait a minute, that attitude hurts the team.

You know who else didn't "practice?" Bill Russell, I guess that hurt the team too?

Seriously there is plenty to hate on AI about and plenty to love too. That little man at 32 years old lead a pretty garbage outfit of "half a players" into the playoffs in the Western Conference last season, without him that team doesn't win 30 games.
tombattor
General Manager
And1: 807

Post#47 » by tombattor » Tue Aug 5, 2008 3:05 pm

sully00 wrote:You know who else didn't "practice?" Bill Russell, I guess that hurt the team too?

Seriously there is plenty to hate on AI about and plenty to love too. That little man at 32 years old lead a pretty garbage outfit of "half a players" into the playoffs in the Western Conference last season, without him that team doesn't win 30 games.

Yup. The whole practice BS is so overblown.
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 661

Post#48 » by DelMonte West » Tue Aug 5, 2008 3:47 pm

taufblazers33 wrote:how can paul pierce be on this list???? he couldnt do anything until Ray Allen and Garnett got there. i'm not saying hes not good. but putting him in the top ten list is just sad. pls dont take this as a troll..cuz im a huge Paul Pierce fan.

Really don't get how it's "sad", or how Pierce's situation is any different than casual fan's darling Dwyane Wade (who regularly gets placed in these types of lists, despite being a lesser all-around player than Pierce).

My list:

1)LeBron (he's here to stay)
2)KG
3)Kobe
4)Chris Paul
5)Tim Duncan
6)Pierce
7)Howard (until he starts refining his offensive game and becomes a go-to type of player rather than potential 4th quarter liability, he's here)
8)Deron Williams
9)Yao
10)Bosh
KyleCleric
Rookie
And1: 57

Post#49 » by KyleCleric » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:14 am

1. Paul Pierce
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Tim Duncan
4. Lebron James
5. Deron Williams
6. Chris Paul
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Chris Bosh
9. Chauncey Billups
10. Tracy McGrady

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 661

Post#50 » by DelMonte West » Wed Aug 6, 2008 4:05 am

I think it should be mentioned that Toronto's bench players can beat anyone on these top 10 lists, except for Bosh...obviously.
Al-Haqq
Starter
And1: 1

Post#51 » by Al-Haqq » Thu Aug 7, 2008 1:04 am

Deron Williams is a top 10 player????????

WHAT THE **** ?????????????????????

:o :o :o :o :o
grantlongforpresident
Assistant Coach
And1: 124

Post#52 » by grantlongforpresident » Thu Aug 7, 2008 1:22 am

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. KG
4. Duncan
5. Nash
6. Howard
7. CP3
8. Amare
9. Pierce
10. Wade
pballa
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#53 » by pballa » Thu Aug 7, 2008 7:16 am

sh00n wrote:That's trolling? Okay. You must be a troll for still hanging on to the cliche BEAT LA sig too, then. Troll.

Someone must be new to the internet.
bostonfan34
Bench Warmer
And1: 12

Post#54 » by bostonfan34 » Thu Aug 7, 2008 3:07 pm

1. LeBron
2. Kobe
3. Garnett
4. Duncan
5. Paul
6. Pierce
7. Wade
8. Howard
9. DWilliams
10. Yao
tombattor
General Manager
And1: 807

Post#55 » by tombattor » Thu Aug 7, 2008 3:16 pm

Al-Haqq wrote:Deron Williams is a top 10 player????????

WHAT THE **** ?????????????????????

:o :o :o :o :o

I don't know... I used to have a similar view as you because nothing about him really stands out, but watching him last year, he really impressed me. He doesn't have lightening quickness or amazing anything, but he's just very very good at everything and when you put them all together, you get one of the 2 best PGs in the league. IMO, he's clearly a level above Nash already...
PP34RA10
Banned User

Post#56 » by PP34RA10 » Thu Aug 7, 2008 4:17 pm

there is no way i put steve Nash in the top 10 players, he has played with great teams and hasnt won a thing, overated player , Ditto for Dirk nowitzki

Another overated player, Carmello Anthony,

Lebron James
Tim Duncan
Kobe Bryant
Christ Paul
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Amare stoudamire
Tracy Mcgrady
Yao Ming

then its Nowitzki, Nash Deron Iverson Arenas Mello
After that i put
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by sully00 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 4:48 am

PP34RA10

I really like your point but then have a huge problem with about half of you list being ahead of Iverson.

He has played with garbage and won an MVP and gone to the finals. He and any 4 NBA players can beat your ass on a given night. I don't know how it happened but AI has become the most underrated player in the NBA.

I think we have to be honest with ourselves and admit we are wrong about someting if your list has two guys on the same team and they didn't get out of the first round one (or both) of them doesn't belong, (and it isn't Amare).
FBNF34
Ballboy

Post#58 » by FBNF34 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 8:49 am

LBJ
Duncan
Kobe
KG
Paul
Pierce
Howard
Nash
Yao
Wade
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,371

Post#59 » by tlee324 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:31 am

1. Dylon
2. Dylon
3. Dylon
4. Dylon
5. Dylon.

Because he spits hot fire.
http://www.lemonzoo.com/funny_videos/14 ... pelle.html

Or...

1. Lebron - Best all around player, IMO. Can carry a team of lesser individuals better than anyone in the game, and just knows how to work with his teammates to get the best out of them. He knows the importance of when to take over, and when to utilize his teammates.

2. Paul - Another one that simply knows how to move the ball and make others better offensively. He's also pretty good defensively too.

3. Kobe - Offensively, the best weapon in the league in terms of scoring. He's good defensively, too.

4. Duncan - Outstanding defensive force that can bring it for 22/11 every night.

5. Garnett - Pretty much what Duncan brings from a defensive standpoint, and can provide scoring/rebounding/assists/steals/blocks all night long, but lacks the aggressiveness to post up inside, and can fade away from taking the big shots in the clutch.

6. Wade - Outstanding offensive force with the ability to play the point.

7. Howard - Shotblocking/rebounding machine that attacks the basket all night long. Amare would be up there with him, but he just doesn't defend or rebound anywhere nearly as well as Howard.

8. Nash - Great passer, great ball-handler in traffic, and hands-down the best shooter in the NBA, IMO. He changes the scope of your team with his unparalleled gift to force uptempo play. Brings almost nothing defensively however, other than taking charges occasionally.

9. Pierce - He, Bryant, Lebron and Carmelo are the most versatile scorers in the NBA. Pierce can get it done in so many fashions, it's incredible. He can shoot the 3, he can get to the line, take it to the basket, shoot the mid-range shot. Offensively, as talented in the NBA as they come. He's underrated as a defender too. He makes the passes you don't always expect him to make, and actually does a good job playing with other talented scorers. He can frequently turn it over by trying to do too much, and he's not particularly great at dribbling through traffic.

10. Bosh - Excellent scorer and rebounder with great range on his jumper for a big man. Insane athleticism. He can be a franchise player, but still needs to become more physical with his interior defense, and not shy away from the blocks.

I've always felt Dirk was overrated, and have no problem at all taking these 10 over him, and you can throw Elton Brand, Carmelo, Boozer, and Deron into that mix as well.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#60 » by sunshinekids99 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:29 am

Alright here is my list.

1. Kobe Bryant- The best in the game IMO. Just a ridiculous offensive game. And a very good defensive player as well.

2. Lebron James- Athletic freak. The strongest wing player I've ever seen. Kobe and James are close, but I give the edge to Kobe due to range on his shot and defense. I'm still a little disappointed on the defense that James provides at times.

3. Dwyane Wade- I think he's back and healthy. If he's not of course I need to drop him. Just a silly good offensive player. Has the ability to take over a game just as well as Kobe and James IMO.

4. Tim Duncan- Hard to be a top 5 player and be underrated. But I feel some people take Duncan for granted. He's a 20 and 10 guy with great defense. He really is one of the greats of All-Time.

5. Kevin Garnett- One of the most intense players I've ever seen. Very good offensive game, but give the edge to Duncan because of post play. Also a great defensive big man. Really special passer as well. However would like to see him be a bit more selfish at times in games.

6. Chris Paul- The best point guard in the game by far IMO. Really made huge strides from last season. Will not be long till he is higher on this list.

7. Dwight Howard- Just a freak of nature. Amazing power and athleticism. Offensive game is only getting better. Very good defensively.

8. Paul Pierce- Finally is getting recognition of being a complete player. Can beat you from the inside or outside all night long. Good defensive player. Has really improved his ball handling and passing over the years.

9. Yao Ming- Of course this is a big if healthy. When healthy he is a 20 and 10 dominate big man. A very nice offensive arsenal. Would like a little more from the defensive side of the ball, but I think he's improving.

10. Chris Bosh- I was really close at number 10 with Bosh and Boozer. Bosh is a more complete player in my book tho. Very good offensive player, can do just about anything he wants on the court. Needs to improve his defense and as BMC said get tougher.

Just missed the cut-
Steve Nash- I love the guy, very good floor general. Plays no defense and that's why he's off my list.

Carlos Boozer- Very good scorer and rebounder. He's close to my top 10.

Elton Brand- Overlooked due to injury. But right up there with Boozer, Bosh, Ming, and Dirk.

Dirk Nowitiki- I'm really down on Dirk lately. A couple of years ago he might have been very close to my top 5. Just can't overtake games like he should. Defense is ugly as well.

Deron Williams- I love this guy, one of my favorite players to watch in the league. Great range on his shot and a gifted play maker. And he's only going to get better.

Return to Boston Celtics