ImageImageImage

The Official "Get Off Paul's Nutz Thread."

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who-rod
Starter
And1: 254

Re: The Official "Get Off Paul's Nutz Thread." 

Post#21 » by Who-rod » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:53 pm

Scalamental wrote:
Rondo_Fan wrote:It's a dumb thing to say, period.

If anybody else in the league said it, all of the Pierce ball-washers on this board would be laughing at that player for providing bulletin board material for the entire league next season. You don't think that that comment is going to be brought up in a Game 7 next year against Cleveland or L.A., maybe on their court?

With that said, he has a right to live it up. But please, tone it down about a notch or three.

And getting stopped for driving under the influence of something is not a petty matter. For crying out loud, grow up. The risk he is taking is not of getting fined, but of making a serious mistake that could hurt other people physically in addition to himself.

I can garensheed that if Grant Hill said what p2 said everyone would be like, "Oh Grant is so right about being confident, what a great guy, did you hear he listed his starting five as the top 5 players in the nba? wow Grant Hill, what a guy...."

First things first, he named his starters as his "favorite" players, not the top 5 players in teh NBA. A little different, but a great answer nonetheless.

Secondly, some players would never say they are the best player in the league. Some would... Arenas, and now PP come to mind. If Grant said what Paul did in his prime, I would have been shocked first, and annoyed second.

But that's just me.
Scalamental
Sixth Man
And1: 146

Post#22 » by Scalamental » Wed Aug 6, 2008 5:30 pm

Fine, be on Paul's nutz.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#23 » by sh00n » Wed Aug 6, 2008 7:08 pm

Who-rod wrote:If Grant said what Paul did in his prime, I would have been shocked first, and annoyed second.

And that's exactly what everyone's reaction is to Pierce saying it. How this is annoying to all you guys or considering trolling is beyond me; Pierce said it, everyone knows it isn't true and says it isn't and you guys get pissed for that.
Scalamental
Sixth Man

Post#24 » by Scalamental » Wed Aug 6, 2008 8:41 pm

sh00n wrote:
Who-rod wrote:If Grant said what Paul did in his prime, I would have been shocked first, and annoyed second.

And that's exactly what everyone's reaction is to Pierce saying it. How this is annoying to all you guys or considering trolling is beyond me; Pierce said it, everyone knows it isn't true and says it isn't and you guys get pissed for that.

Ok he said it like two months ago, after it was transcribed from some P.O.S. newspaper. get over it, is all I'm saying.

edit: not you, but the media should get over it. unless your not over it.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#25 » by sh00n » Wed Aug 6, 2008 9:39 pm

Scalamental wrote:
sh00n wrote:

Ok he said it like two months ago, after it was transcribed from some P.O.S. newspaper. get over it, is all I'm saying.

edit: not you, but the media should get over it. unless your not over it.

I'm over it. Still like to poke fun at it, though.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#26 » by greenbeans » Wed Aug 6, 2008 9:50 pm

^^ kinda like the last game we played
Big Baby
Bench Warmer
And1: 656

Post#27 » by Big Baby » Thu Aug 7, 2008 7:11 am

Who-rod wrote:I don't know, I can't help but think PP is bringing this on himself a little more than this thread may suggest. The American public loves humility, like when someone asks Brady if he is the best QB in the game, and he would say: "no, I think Peyton is, what he does on the field just amazes me." That is savvy (and I know some people hate Brady too). But I think Paul's answer begs for criticism, because it screams arrogance. Having the confidence to play this game at the level Paul does is absolutely necessary. Feeling the need to say he is the best, is not necessary, period. I think it puts a black eye on him as a person, on his credibility, and I really wonder what KG and Ray Allen are sitting at home thinking right now.

This whole season the big three were a great story, it was all about the big three. The previous two seasons when the team was struggling and then when Paul was hurt, it seemed to be all about him. Everything he said. I just hope he isn't reverting to this team being all about him.

Very well said! :bowdown:
pballa
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#28 » by pballa » Thu Aug 7, 2008 7:14 am

i support this thread
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#29 » by Athanacropolis » Thu Aug 7, 2008 3:33 pm

pballa wrote:i support this thread

+1. BFD. Paul thinks he's the best. Who cares? Karma is for pussies. It's put-up-or-shut-up time for him, and I'm pretty sure Paul and the Celtics will put up. They sure did last year. Bird was MUCH cockier than Pierce, and played his fair share of **** games, and said plenty of stupid, arrogant things, but when people remember Bird, it's always as if he shot 30/30 every game and was humble and classy to a fault. Chronological snobbery?

Get off Paul's nutz, indeed.
Scalamental
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by Scalamental » Thu Aug 7, 2008 8:50 pm

Athanacropolis wrote:
pballa wrote:i support this thread

+1. BFD. Paul thinks he's the best. Who cares? Karma is for pussies.

That should be a t shirt.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#31 » by GuyClinch » Fri Aug 8, 2008 12:20 pm

^^^No doubt. Someone needs to actually stop PP when it counts if you want to claim he isn't the best. Lebron couldn't do it.

Oh you mean the best FANTASY player - cause that's what some of the fans on this board seemed concerned with. It's a put up or shut up world. Paul came through when it counted so he can claim to be the best.
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 661

Post#32 » by DelMonte West » Fri Aug 8, 2008 7:52 pm

GuyClinch wrote:^^^No doubt. Someone needs to actually stop PP when it counts if you want to claim he isn't the best. Lebron couldn't do it.

Oh you mean the best FANTASY player - cause that's what some of the fans on this board seemed concerned with. It's a put up or shut up world. Paul came through when it counted so he can claim to be the best.

Yup. Outplaying the 2 best wings in the league (if not players) and winning Finals MVP in the process gives him that right. Just because we support his right to SAY that doesn't mean we agree with it, but like I said earlier you have to look at this through his perspective.

Return to Boston Celtics