ImageImageImage

When will the celebrating end?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

When will the celebrating end? 

Post#1 » by campybatman » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:04 am

I wonder where Garnett is and if he's working out privately.

...Paul Pierce and Ray Allen are hanging out at Blush inside Wynn Las Vegas. Pierce supplied several bottles of Dom Perignon Rose for a party that featured members of Team USA Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony complete with their gold medals. Ray Allen wasn't done there and turned up again at Pure inside Caesars Palace, bringing with him Corey Maggette, Cuttino Mobley, Antoine Walker, Charles Oakley, Chris Humphries, Tyrone Lue and Jermaine O’Neal. Hey guys, isn't it about time to get back to working out for next season? Training camp is only a month away and it appears Pierce and Allen are still celebrating.

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... uries.html
s1ickd
Veteran
And1: 247

Re: When will the celebrating end? 

Post#2 » by s1ickd » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:34 am

it's actually not a big deal at all. it's kind of like how i go to work and find time to party. im sure these guys have a workout routine on a daily/weekly basis and stick to it. they're multiple time all stars. ray allen especially is very strict with what he eats and how he works out.

in fact, Pual Pierce has partied in the Boston scene for years now, its just that now that he's finals mvp, people actually report about it.
GreenGrizz
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#3 » by GreenGrizz » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:09 am

It will end when Doc starts screaming in Rhode Island.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#4 » by sully00 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:09 am

Well as a person who has known to indulge a bit from time to time like my boy #34, what he does is for a bit of a concern, but since he is blowing a 0 bubble at 3 am apparently Ray is rubbing off. Because if you didn't know Ray don't indulge. That means he can pop as many bottles as he wants because he is killing fruitwater, and that might just be why he is ruling the world at thirty an' change and we are all looking for are draws but nah that can't be it. Because when was the last time KG took a drink. I'm just fooling with you Tommy nobody expects us to knock down a jumper.
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#5 » by Cyclical » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:14 am

When did we all turn into quakers over here? Do we know what PP & Co. do the rest of the week and other hours of the day? Who cares if they're partying at a nightclub in the off-season? Let the boys have a good time. They're human beings.
Dave_From_NB
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#6 » by Dave_From_NB » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:46 am

Working out isn't a 14 hour a day job. If guys are working out more than 2 hours a day on average in the off season I'd be surprised, and perhaps some days it's stretched to 4 hours with some shootarounds. Add 8 hours for sleep, 2 hours for meals, and they've got 10 hours to kill. Surely it's not a big deal that they get together with friends in those 10 hours, have a drink or two, and play some cards.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,025

Post#7 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:56 pm

Do we really need another thread about Paul's life outside of basketball? I have zero concern that Paul Pierce will show up in anything les than 100% ready to play form, he's doing the same things he's always done and he's always produced, played serious minutes, and been durable.
cisco
Veteran
And1: 48

Post#8 » by cisco » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Another stupid thread. :roll: In case you didn't know, Pierce has already said while hosting the Mike & Mike Show, that he's been working out from 8 am to 4 pm. He can do whatever the hell he wants after that... and that includes partying. I don't understand these threads. You have no idea what theses guys are doing for the other 15-20 hours a day they are not partying. And I don't think for a minute that they are partying DAILY as you seem to be implying.
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#9 » by campybatman » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:08 am

It always amazes me how many people are quick to criticize when a gun wasn't put to your heads to acknowledge the thread. I was just reporting on someone else's opinion. Who's making a big deal out of this? The thread's fine. There's simply stupid and irksome posters on here. Don't post if you've no interest in the thread. You posters are really a'holes. Really...
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,025

Post#10 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:17 am

bonsaiflipflops wrote:It always amazes me how many people are quick to criticize when a gun wasn't put to your heads to acknowledge the thread. I was just reporting on someone else's opinion. Who's making a big deal out of this? The thread's fine. There's simply stupid and irksome posters on here. Don't post if you've no interest in the thread. You posters are really a'holes. Really...

While your point is quite true about some of us, including myself, being a'holes, this dead horse has been beat, chopped, diced, sterilized, cauterized, neutered, spayed, spanked, whipped, and brought up a little too often, and when you title your thread, "When will the celebrating end?", there is an inferred opinion on your part. So, speaking from the perspective of a stupid, irksome a'hole, please everyone stop posting this crap.
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 660

Post#11 » by DelMonte West » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:38 am

I predict it'll end on September 30th, 16:23:31. Give or take a few tenths of a second.
PPAW4Life
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#12 » by PPAW4Life » Mon Sep 1, 2008 6:09 am

I like it how these two are enjoying their success and their OFFSEASON. They deserve it.

You only win your 1st ever NBA Title once.
Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Post#13 » by Prophet_C » Tue Sep 2, 2008 8:20 pm

Attention all pro athletes:

THERE WILL BE NO FUN TODAY!

Thank you,

Your fans.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,802

Post#14 » by meatball sub » Tue Sep 2, 2008 11:33 pm

I'm still celebrating and I have no idea when it's going to stop...but it feels fantastic. My name's not John McCain and I approve this message.
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#15 » by Athanacropolis » Thu Sep 4, 2008 7:35 pm

PPAW4Life wrote:I like it how these two are enjoying their success and their OFFSEASON. They deserve it.

You only win your 1st ever NBA Title once.

A+. It's not like PP and RA pulled a Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur.
Dave_From_NB
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#16 » by Dave_From_NB » Thu Sep 4, 2008 8:46 pm

Athanacropolis wrote:
A+. It's not like PP and RA pulled a Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur.

Dumb and Dumber - welcome to the NBA.
Maple Green
Starter
And1: 79

Post#17 » by Maple Green » Sat Sep 6, 2008 1:55 am

Guys, our celebration was not end because we are still looking for the 18th banner right?
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#18 » by Athanacropolis » Mon Sep 8, 2008 6:45 pm

Maple Green wrote:Guys, our celebration was not end because we are still looking for the 18th banner right?

FTW!!!! :D

Return to Boston Celtics