ImageImageImage

Celtics vs Lakers - Christmas - Thursday, Dec 25th

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Truthiracy
Sixth Man
And1: 71

Re: Celtics vs Lakers - Christmas - Thursday, Dec 25th 

Post#321 » by Truthiracy » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:45 am

Good game, onto Oakland.
Debate the Conspiracy master on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/truthiracy3
kevin_405
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#322 » by kevin_405 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:48 am

Well just because the flops were called blocking fouls dont make it bad refereeing... Its about time all these things were cleaned up from the game..
The game was very fairlyl called.. 24 fouls v/s 17 fouls is not a big difference..

Celtsfan1980 wrote:
Jack wore plaid wrote:The Celtics get more calls from the NBA refs than any team in the history of the league. Please stop whining about one game, or you'll hurt Sterns feelings.

Are you referring to the current Celtics team or historically? Do you include plays where Rondo gets hacked and no foul? Do you include plays where Perkins practically looks at a ref and gets a technical? Some Celtics get calls their way once in a while, but some of the lesser known players get the opposite treatment. I wouldn't even begin to compare them to Jordan's Bulls or the last Lakers dynasty.
kevin_405
Bench Warmer

Post#323 » by kevin_405 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:56 am

Truth hurts .. but the truth is the refreeing in the nba sucks , and at times games look like fixed....
Ask the Sac town fans..

onepencil wrote:
MaxwellSmart wrote:F that ref F the Fixed NBA F the Laker fans

Looks like your stay on RealGM will be short. Warning and will seek to get you banned. Thank you. canman.
Joebiscuit
Banned User

Post#324 » by Joebiscuit » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:56 am

Makes matter worse that the cavs won.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#325 » by ParticleMan » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:07 am

yeah, cuz the refs gave the cavs the game. after watching that i can't feel too bad about our loss. at least we were outplayed, tho somehow we still had a chance to win it. the cavs were outplayed and then get the game handed to them. wow.
Joebiscuit
Banned User

Post#326 » by Joebiscuit » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:12 am

I agree particle. A few questionable calls. Wiz kind of blew the game as well because the cavs went on an 11-0 run,
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#327 » by Celtsfan1980 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:41 am

kevin_405 wrote:Well just because the flops were called blocking fouls dont make it bad refereeing... Its about time all these things were cleaned up from the game..
The game was very fairlyl called.. 24 fouls v/s 17 fouls is not a big difference..

Celtsfan1980 wrote:
Jack wore plaid wrote:The Celtics get more calls from the NBA refs than any team in the history of the league. Please stop whining about one game, or you'll hurt Sterns feelings.

Are you referring to the current Celtics team or historically? Do you include plays where Rondo gets hacked and no foul? Do you include plays where Perkins practically looks at a ref and gets a technical? Some Celtics get calls their way once in a while, but some of the lesser known players get the opposite treatment. I wouldn't even begin to compare them to Jordan's Bulls or the last Lakers dynasty.

I try to watch the game so I don't look at stats like total fouls. It's not just Celtics fans who are complaining.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#328 » by bruno sundov » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:42 am

Hey we lost that game and not the refs. Worst played game since we lost to IND 20 games ago. I hate losing to the lakers.

For the love of GOD Doc find TA a nice spot on the bench. he is just horrible.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#329 » by Anklebreaker702 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:36 pm

bruno sundov wrote:Hey we lost that game and not the refs. Worst played game since we lost to IND 20 games ago. I hate losing to the lakers.

For the love of GOD Doc find TA a nice spot on the bench. he is just horrible.
Bruno I have to give it to you, being able to see that your team maybe didn't quite have it on a particular night is a sign of a true fan! :D
VETERAN LAKER FAN
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#330 » by semi-sentient » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:06 pm

nasbahceltic wrote:
Datruth345 wrote:lmao @ confetti

LMAO how pathetic was that

Don't go thinking you're special. The Lakers drop confetti after every victory.

Anyway, for the Celtics fans that didn't spend the entire time whining about the refs, good game. You'll have some home cooking in February where the you'll get the benefit of the doubt on calls, so it should be another good battle. I'm sure both sides will once again be looking forward to it, even if they can't admit it.

My observation of watching the Celtics in this game is that you definitely could use Mutombo if you face the Lakers in the Finals. While our bigs were out-rebounded, I can't recall a single time last season where KG/Perkins combined for only 16 rebounds against our guys. Heck, KG by himself averaged something like 12 or 13 per game in the Finals. The Lakers have 2 of their 3 bigs on the floor at all times (Gasol/Bynum/Odom), so I think he would be tremendous in keeping our bigs in check and slowing down our 2nd unit when your bigs take a break.

Also, I think Pierce has to be more aggressive if he's going up against Walton (only 13 shots?). He did have a solid game, but that would have been a moot point if KG hadn't hit so many outside shots, which I believe is uncharacteristic of him. Don't get me wrong, he can knock down those shots... but he isn't always going to shoot 11-14. You have such an advantage at SF that I can't imagine why you wouldn't exploit it more.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the way and if nothing else, keep your eyes on the Cavs. Don't let them spoil a possible rematch. ;)
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#331 » by semi-sentient » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:16 pm

return2glory wrote:The Lakers are a better team than they were in the Finals.

Not true. Have you been following the Lakers recent struggles which go back, what, 5 weeks now?

We are a healthier team, but not a better team. Last year we were clicking on all cylinders heading into the Finals, while so far this season we've struggled to put it together consistently. Poor offensive execution has led to lapses on defense so I don't think we are as good as last years Finals team by any stretch.

Yesterday we were able to play well enough to win, but that is not our best. Likewise, yesterday was clearly not the best performance from the Celtics either. Both teams will likely get better by the time the playoffs come around assuming there are no major injuries.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
nonplayerzealot
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#332 » by nonplayerzealot » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:54 pm

GoGoCeltics wrote:Ariza crashes into Perk with no call... maybe Perk should fling his arms around and fall crying to the floor like Vujacic to get a call.

Allen tried that while he was trying to get the ball from Fisher. Launched himself to the floor like Webber used to do. Refs weren't havin it.
Allanon
Sophomore

Post#333 » by Allanon » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:02 pm

I agree that the Lakers weren't playing their best ball. After last year's Finals, it was pretty clear that the Lakers weren't just up to the Celtics level.

With Bynum and Ariza back the Lakers are still working on integrating them into the team. This game was pretty much a litmus test for the Lakers to just see if Bynum and Ariza would make the Lakers on the same level with the Celtics.

Yesterday's game should be something the Lakers can build and improve upon so they can play better the next time.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#334 » by cfan79 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:02 pm

Congrats to the Lakers fans. This just adds to the rivalry them winning and stopping our streak. C's will really want that next one.

We will get them next time when they come to the Jungle.
Anklebreaker702
RealGM
And1: 164

Post#335 » by Anklebreaker702 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:51 am

cfan79 wrote:Congrats to the Lakers fans. This just adds to the rivalry them winning and stopping our streak. C's will really want that next one.

We will get them next time when they come to the Jungle.
Good stuffcfan79. We will have to be ready or we will catch a beat down if we're not.
VETERAN LAKER FAN
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#336 » by Chubby Chaser » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:59 am

Allanon wrote:I agree that the Lakers weren't playing their best ball. After last year's Finals, it was pretty clear that the Lakers weren't just up to the Celtics level.

With Bynum and Ariza back the Lakers are still working on integrating them into the team. This game was pretty much a litmus test for the Lakers to just see if Bynum and Ariza would make the Lakers on the same level with the Celtics.

Yesterday's game should be something the Lakers can build and improve upon so they can play better the next time.

Yeah, we are FAR from playing our best basketball right now. We came out with intensity yesterday but we still aren't firing on all cylinders. Up until the end Pau was having a horrible game. He was missing those face up mid jumpers that he normally knocks down with ease. He was also missing jump hooks and put backs under the rim. When he finally got it going in the fourth is when we started turning it around. It's ok though, Phil normally doesn't have his team firing on all cylinders until about 20 or so games before the playoffs. That's when I expect us to be beating teams by 15+ points and resting Kobe the entire fourth quarter and stuff. Right now it's all about executing on offense and getting everyone on the same page and conditioning. We're ok. We've been playing some really ugly basketball our last few games and we still went 3-2 in our last 5 games beating some good teams in New Orleans by 13 and Boston by 9. And we've been playing UGLY. So once we pull it all together and when Bynum starts getting 100% comfortable in the paint again it'll be really tough to beat us in a 7 game series.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#337 » by Kefa461 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:04 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:
Allanon wrote:I agree that the Lakers weren't playing their best ball. After last year's Finals, it was pretty clear that the Lakers weren't just up to the Celtics level.

Yeah, we are FAR from playing our best basketball right now. We came out with intensity yesterday but we still aren't firing on all cylinders. Up until the end Pau was having a horrible game. He was missing those face up mid jumpers that he normally knocks down with ease. He was also missing jump hooks and put backs under the rim. When he finally got it going in the fourth is when we started turning it around. It's ok though, Phil normally doesn't have his team firing on all cylinders until about 20 or so games before the playoffs. That's when I expect us to be beating teams by 15+ points and resting Kobe the entire fourth quarter and stuff. Right now it's all about executing on offense and getting everyone on the same page and conditioning. We're ok. We've been playing some really ugly basketball our last few games and we still went 3-2 in our last 5 games beating some good teams in New Orleans by 13 and Boston by 9. And we've been playing UGLY. So once we pull it all together and when Bynum starts getting 100% comfortable in the paint again it'll be really tough to beat us in a 7 game series.

You are a Faker fan.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#338 » by Chubby Chaser » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:49 am

Kefa461 wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:

That post was "wicked" clevah
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#339 » by MyInsatiableOne » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:25 pm

Kefa461 wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:

No kidding...that was probably a perfect game from the Lakers...they actually hustled on D, Kobe actually shot a high %, and the refs were on their side...I want to see what they do the rest of the season...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics