ImageImageImage

KG slams Belinelli (Flagrant?)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Re: KG slams Belinelli (Flagrant?) 

Post#31 » by lakerhater » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:45 pm

Wtf, saying fight fire with fire means go play in the Wnba? I'm advocating trying to take out Celtics players with the same type of picks if that sort of thing persists with KG, you know try to hurt star players intentionally with scrub players and that's some sort of Wnba tactic? Something like sending Larry Spriggs after Larry Bird back in the day.

The times they have a changed.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#32 » by St.Nick » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:23 am

Bird4Three wrote:
supersub15 wrote:That :D , as well as smallish players. Let him try this crap on somebody his own size.

How about one better,someone bigger than him?

Zaza Pachulia

/

Zaza pwned KG when they were face to face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6JNQHZSkfE
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,978

Post#33 » by Bad-Thoma » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:26 am

Kefa461 wrote:
lakerhater wrote:Warriors fan here. It was illegal and should have been called a foul but not a flagrant. If teams get upset at KG like that in the future (where the ref doesn't call the bad pick) they'll just have to start setting picks on Celtic guards in a similar fashion, legs spread and shoulder leaning into defender at just the right time.

If the ref had done his job and called it an illegal screen we probably wouldn't be here participating in this kind of thread. If KG continues to lay people out with illegal screens that aren't called then the NBA has a problem with it's refs not it's players that are allowed to get away it.

From the W's perspective there is no reason to whine about things like this in public. You memory bank it, move on and decide whether it's worth future retaliation. One hard screen in the long run is nothing to get upset about. If Marco wants to do something about it he'll give a hard foul to KG next year when/if he gets a chance.

Go play in the Wnba...... 8-)

You joking? That was a pretty solid post. It was an uncalled foul, not worth whining about, if you got a problem give it right back, I can certainly live with that. It's all the people trying to call that **** flagrant that need to take a midol and realize these guys aren't out there for a tickling contest.
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,739

Post#34 » by meatball sub » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:04 am

Obviously I'm a Celtics fan, and I think that was some pretty cheap ass **** by KG. It's one thing to set a blind screen on someone, it's completely different to lower your shoulder on someone when they aren't ready for it.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#35 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 am

supersub15 wrote:
The Rondo Show wrote:So many NBA fans are soft now. Crying over hard picks, trash talking, etc. It's sickening, grow a set.

Calderon, Bayless, Ridnour, Bellineli. Notice something?

Yeah, Dudes who don't have the mental stability to play well when KG talks **** to them.

Why would KG go after a player who feeds off the trash talking and plays better. Like Kobe, or LeBron. That doesn't make sense.

And if your guys point is size, apparently you forget the NBA playoffs. Zaza-KG? Remember?
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#36 » by mr_sunshine » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:55 am

St.Nick wrote:
Bird4Three wrote:
supersub15 wrote:That :D , as well as smallish players. Let him try this crap on somebody his own size.

How about one better,someone bigger than him?

Zaza Pachulia

/

Zaza pwned KG when they were face to face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6JNQHZSkfE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T99aL8j4 ... re=related

KG sure got owned.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#37 » by Kefa461 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:02 pm

bove310 wrote:Obviously I'm a Celtics fan, and I think that was some pretty cheap ass **** by KG. It's one thing to set a blind screen on someone, it's completely different to lower your shoulder on someone when they aren't ready for it.

So KG can't brace his shoulder.....or lower it because he is taller or he should take the force of the shot to his own chest ? Should he tell the player what the other team should have done.."Hey wake up a pick is coming." Rondo gets leveled on back picks when the C's are not awake and posts for 3 days are not keeped going. I never see us here screaming about how unfair the other team is. Some of us here just give in to the bull the haters spread. When this play was being done to us it was ok. This play is still being done but we as a team talk so we miss most picks and screens....the bad teams don't communicate and they get popped. So **** what...that's part of the game. We took it for 20 **** years...too **** bad. IMHO. Grow a pair of nuts. 8-)

ps.....blind screen=when they aren't ready for it duh 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
kevin_405
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by kevin_405 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Check this video.. KG getting taste of his own medicine from a much smaller Antony Peeler..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7krGO66 ... re=related
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#39 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:26 pm

Who is Anthony Peeler?
KOBERAMBIS
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#40 » by KOBERAMBIS » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:51 pm

Warning for trolling. canman
Kids Are Alright
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#41 » by Kids Are Alright » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:12 am

BFD.

I do have a bone to pick w/ Mr. Garnett, he's been unwilling to help off his man in the last two games...it allowed Gasol to have a field day against us, wide open easy looks. I'm thinking the former defensive player of the year is playing easier during the season this year or is getting gunshy. What's he averaging, a couple of fouls per game?

How often does he draw fouls this year? Pretty rarely.

And while I'm at it, aside from post game interviews, where the heck is the Captain this year? He makes four or five nice shots a game. I hope Elrod's wrong.
Tanking :nonono: Live for the day 8-)
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Post#42 » by TheSheriff » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:41 am

LOL. Brad Miller just (with about 9:30 remaining in the third) did the same thing to Ray Allen. Is anyone going to make a thread about in the General Forum? :lol:
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#43 » by Dirty Water » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:16 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:Bellinelli was asking for it all night with all the flopping to get calls, if anything he should have hit him harder.

:bowdown:
Joekickass2008
Junior
And1: 0

Post#44 » by Joekickass2008 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:04 am

Around here....that would be called a shirt front. Legal in football, not basketball. I luv basketball...but it aint a full contact sport. He did dip his shoulder. He should have taken it in the chest, would stil lhave created space for Ed.

Im a mad keen C's fan...but KG needs to show a lil more style these days...after all he is on the Celtics now...not the Knicks of the 90's. His role model should be Kevin.....not Oakley.....oh crap! Did you guys see the hit Kevin made on Rambis???? WOW KG has been watchin old C's footage.....cant wait till we match up in the finals against the fakers and Gasol tries a fast break layup ;)

GO KG!!! The rest of the league needs to grow so balls!
All time favourite Celtics: Bill, Dave C, LARRY, Kevin, X, Reggie, Alla, Toine and Paul.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#45 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:39 pm

TheSheriff wrote:LOL. Brad Miller just (with about 9:30 remaining in the third) did the same thing to Ray Allen. Is anyone going to make a thread about in the General Forum? :lol:

Of course not. Brad Miller plays on a losing team, so he's just a "hard-nosed player". You have to be playing on a team that is at least .500 before being considered a cheap-shot artist. :lol:
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by EvadedHavoc » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:13 am

TheSheriff wrote:LOL. Brad Miller just (with about 9:30 remaining in the third) did the same thing to Ray Allen. Is anyone going to make a thread about in the General Forum? :lol:

Oh man if Miller was on the Celtics and did that you wouldnt hear the end of it.
newpollution32
Senior
And1: 5

Post#47 » by newpollution32 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:34 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:
supersub15 wrote:
The Rondo Show wrote:So many NBA fans are soft now. Crying over hard picks, trash talking, etc. It's sickening, grow a set.

Calderon, Bayless, Ridnour, Bellineli. Notice something?

Yeah, Dudes who don't have the mental stability to play well when KG talks **** to them.

Why would KG go after a player who feeds off the trash talking and plays better. Like Kobe, or LeBron. That doesn't make sense.

And if your guys point is size, apparently you forget the NBA playoffs. Zaza-KG? Remember?

I may be mistaken but I do distinctly remember while KG is guarding Jose and trash talking him Calderon immediately fed Kapono with a three

Return to Boston Celtics