ImageImageImage

Celtics vs Bobcats - Tuesday, January 6th

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Celts09
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Re: Celtics vs Bobcats - Tuesday, January 6th 

Post#121 » by Celts09 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:11 am

Doc needs to take the team out on an activity to let the them clear their minds.
shortodom
Veteran
And1: 57

Post#122 » by shortodom » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:13 am

MVE85 wrote:Ray Allen 48min
KG 41 min
Pierce 38min

Think the big 3 will be rested for Houston tommorow? ugh

houston played today too, they have been in a losing slump too so i think you guys win that one
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#123 » by doc.end » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:17 am

Hi, I just want to troll.
Celts09
Pro Prospect

Post#124 » by Celts09 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:17 am

Tomorrow will be a tough game even if the rockets played today.
Joebiscuit
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#125 » by Joebiscuit » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:17 am

Al-Haqq wrote:
Joebiscuit wrote:
MVE85 wrote:Ray Allen 48min
KG 41 min
Pierce 38min

Think the big 3 will be rested for Houston tommorow? ugh

If Doc was smart he would have rested the starters in OT. I knew this game was over in the first half, not sure why Doc did not see that.

Right ......... so give up a win to rest starters. I'm glad you're not the Celtics coach.

The C's are in a funk and will bounce back, but right now ... it's bad. I mean, Knicks, Blazers [w/o Roy], and now the Bobcats.

Yuck.

Pierce is the only one showing up. I love how we under-utilise him constantly.

Give up what win? This game was a lost cause and it was more than obvious in the first half. Doc should have rested his starters for the game tomorrow. Now Doc has tired starters for tomorrows game as well which is going to equal another loss. Sometimes you just need to wave the white flag move on.
MasterRyu
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#126 » by MasterRyu » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:18 am

Bobcats cheated. They got the GOAT spilling crunchtime secrets into their ears..h'aha.

On a serious note, I think Celtics will lose to a lot of young underdog teams. But for the games that count, they'll handle business.
Joebiscuit
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#127 » by Joebiscuit » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:20 am

MasterRyu wrote:Bobcats cheated. They got the GOAT spilling crunchtime secrets into their ears..h'aha.

On a serious note, I think Celtics will lose to a lot of young underdog teams. But for the games that count, they'll handle business.

Do you really need to post this twice in the same thread?
Celts09
Pro Prospect

Post#128 » by Celts09 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:23 am

Joebiscuit wrote:
Give up what win? This game was a lost cause and it was more than obvious in the first half. Doc should have rested his starters for the game tomorrow. Now Doc has tired starters for tomorrows game as well which is going to equal another loss. Sometimes you just need to wave the white flag move on.

^Remember the Eastern conference final game 3 in 2002 against the nets.
It looked like a lost cause but we came back and won. Anything is possible!
e in boulder
Junior

Post#129 » by e in boulder » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:41 am

Boston, we have a problem. (ok, terrible joke there)

But here's the issue, we're gassed. All Star Break couldn't come soon enough and I hope Doc is seriously considering rotating games off for our 5 starters (especially Perk who looks as tired as I've ever seen him, and we're only 36 games in).

Leon Powe (as much as I'd love to pawn him off to GS for Rodney Turiaf) should be playing 20 minutes a game. If not because of how effective he can be in the paint, because his performance will give Doc the confidence to sit Perk and KG a little longer. As much as I love Big Baby's hustle and passion, Powe is better far and away. Why Doc wouldn't play the better man, stumps me.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,033

Post#130 » by exculpatory » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:48 am

Comments:

There is no question that the team is in a terrible funk - having lost 5 of 7 including GS, Portland without Roy, the freaking Knicks, and now Charlotte - teams that we should have creamed. RA, KG and Rondo have been terribly inconsistent. On the other hand, Paul is shooting lights out - averaging close to 30 ppg on 60-70% shooting including tonight, and also making the clutch shots. He has had to take over lately because the team as a whole is playing so badly. I am concerned, but I am not panicking. We will snap out of this. And..........Danny will bolster our bench.

To multiple posters in this thread: Keep the faith, goddamit, and stop whining. We were 27-2 and now we are 29-7. The team does not need to be blown up for christ sake. RA, KG, and Rondo need to start bringing it again CONSISTENTLY, and join the only guy on the team who is bringing it - Paul Pierce. And we need a backup point and a big - which is Danny's job...and he will do it.

JoeBiscuit: Dude, you take the prize for the most outrageously negative poster in the history of posting. Last spring, your predictions were "so accurate". "We will certainly lose to Atlanta". Nope, it did not happen. "We will certainly lose to Cleveland". Nope, it did not happen. "We will lose to Detroit". Nope, it did not happen. And then fortunately you abolished yourself before we won the championship beating down the Fakers. Now, we are having a very rough patch, and all of a sudden, you say "we are the Miami Heat, and totally inferior to real teams like the Cavs and the Fakers. And there is no chance we can beat Houston or Cavs later this week. And tonight, we should have given up in the first quarter before we almost pulled it out (mostly because of Paul)". You are incredible. I think you truly enjoy our losses and rough patches so you have a chance to continue your constant, non-stop, continual negativity. Guess what, we will snap out of this very soon and we will beat Houston, and give Cleveland a very good run on Friday. Try doing something novel, Joe. THINK POSITIVELY JUST ONCE.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#131 » by NetsForce » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:48 am

Celts09 wrote:
Joebiscuit wrote:

That was a great game... But I liked the handful of games after that one even better :lol:
Joekickass2008
Junior

Post#132 » by Joekickass2008 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:50 am

uh oh
All time favourite Celtics: Bill, Dave C, LARRY, Kevin, X, Reggie, Alla, Toine and Paul.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,321

Post#133 » by sprash9802 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:02 am

NetsForce wrote:
Celts09 wrote:
Joebiscuit wrote:

That was a great game... But I liked the handful of games after that one even better :lol:

And I liked the spankings that the Lakers and Spurs gave you the BEST! Watching Kidd schooled by Parker and Martin shooting brick after brick was awesome!
'Mate, you just dropped the World Cup'
-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
armageddon
Rookie

Post#134 » by armageddon » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:23 am

?
Celts09
Pro Prospect

Post#135 » by Celts09 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:38 am

NetsForce wrote:
Celts09 wrote:
Joebiscuit wrote:

Game two of the NBA finals in 2002 was probably your favorite game after the comeback win against the celtics.
23 point win by the lakers.
O yeah the lakers also swept the nets that year too :)
CPaulMVP3
Banned User

Post#136 » by CPaulMVP3 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 5:45 am

You guys should easily win against the Rockets, I mean they are seriously in a slump, maybe even bigger than the Celtics. Plus the C's have homecourt and some NBA offense unlike the Rockets who have high school offense.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#137 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:23 pm

This was a bad loss...I'm not one to panic but I am getting concerned...

Although good to work out the kinks now rather than in May...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#138 » by KR4 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:36 pm

Pierce staring down Jordan was a spit in the face of the basketball gods. Doesn't he know Jordan's black Jesus?
Leeeee's Nuts!
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#139 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:42 pm

Jordan has been a joke since his playing days ended...and what the hell is he doing ON THE BENCH talking with the players?? What other GM does that?? Weird...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
KR4
Lead Assistant
And1: 11

Post#140 » by KR4 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:50 pm

I believe we got it the first time. Move along now. Thank you. canman
Leeeee's Nuts!

Return to Boston Celtics