ImageImageImage

Celtics @ Cavaliers - Friday, January 9th

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Celtics @ Cavaliers - Friday, January 9th 

Post#1 » by wetsthebed » Thu Jan 8, 2009 5:36 pm

cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Re: Celtics @ Cavaliers - Friday, January 9th 

Post#2 » by cfan79 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 6:21 pm

We might have a chance in this one because Ilgauskas is hurt, but truth be told Varejao will have a field day if matched against Baby or Powe.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#3 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Jan 8, 2009 6:25 pm

Lol, you fixed the borders on clevelands players. I didn't mention that. But had a feeling you would know. This guy with his details. Haha.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#4 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jan 8, 2009 6:45 pm

We need to win this...a week ago I would have said we'd win easily since the Cavs have played a soft-ass schedule, but now I'm not so sure...

If the refs are doing their usual LeBron-helping, this could get even uglier...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#5 » by cfan79 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 6:59 pm

C's have to be careful, Lebron has crabs...I mean the crab dribble in his arsenal.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,694

Post#6 » by return2glory » Thu Jan 8, 2009 7:57 pm

Chance of winning this game: 5-10 %

Chance of losing by 15 or more: 50%

Just going off how we been playing off late. We have lost 4 of the last 5 on the road. We are playing the best team in the League with the best home record.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#7 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jan 8, 2009 8:05 pm

return2glory wrote:Chance of winning this game: 5-10 %

Chance of losing by 15 or more: 50%

Just going off how we been playing off late. We have lost 4 of the last 5 on the road. We are playing the best team in the League with the best home record.

Dude, you are the ultimate C's fan, no doubt! You've already conceded this game after 6 losses in 8 for a total of *9* in 38 games this season so far....keepin' the faith!

:roll:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#8 » by semi-sentient » Thu Jan 8, 2009 8:10 pm

I think you guys take this game because the Celtics front-court should be able to dominate the paint without Igs in the lineup. Play the same defense you always do on LeBron (or Kobe, or Wade) and this game is pretty much in the bag.

Go Celtics!

;)
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#9 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jan 8, 2009 8:16 pm

I think we'll win, but our record will still go to 29-10 because r2g already conceded...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#10 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 8:25 pm

Delonte West has been validated this year. Give the guy a consistent role and he steps up.

I'm ready to concede that if LeBron can get THAT group to win 70 games then he must be the goat
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#11 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jan 8, 2009 9:04 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:Delonte West has been validated this year. Give the guy a consistent role and he steps up.

I'm ready to concede that if LeBron can get THAT group to win 70 games then he must be the goat

I still wanna see LeBron win multiple titles before I go that far (well, I don't WANT LeBron/Cavs to win *any* titles, but you know what I mean!)
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Joebiscuit
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Joebiscuit » Thu Jan 8, 2009 9:25 pm

This game is not going to be pretty. The cavs and their fans are going to be going nuts this game. I don't see how this turns into anything but an embarrassment on national TV for the celtics.

Cavs by 14.
The_Answer
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#13 » by The_Answer » Thu Jan 8, 2009 9:39 pm

League fan, here. I have league pass and have watched most of BOS-CLE's games thus far, and since I've watched the NBA (10+ years), I've never "witnessed" a player nor a team receive as much hype as LeBron and his Crabeliers.

They are a good team, play very good defense, and have the best player in the game, though from keen observation through countless games I would still rank BOS and LA ahead of them, possibly ORL too. Seriously, they're 18-0 at home, yet over that span, they've played NO ONE. They've enjoyed a marshmallow-soft schedule thus far, and have yet to face LA, SA, PHO, ORL, POR, etc.

I expect their record to fall drastically during JAN-FEB. Now, that's when they enter their first rough stretch. Don't buy the hype, I haven't seen anything from this team that would have me label them as the best, or even the second best team in the league.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#14 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Jan 8, 2009 9:48 pm

Joebiscuit wrote:This game is not going to be pretty. The cavs and their fans are going to be going nuts this game. I don't see how this turns into anything but an embarrassment on national TV for the celtics.

Cavs by 14.

Dude, way to be a fan, just like last year's playoffs! You and r2g should start your own "fan club"...

There is a huge difference between being blindly devoted to a team and bashing it at every opportunity...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,694

Post#15 » by return2glory » Thu Jan 8, 2009 10:06 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:
Joebiscuit wrote:This game is not going to be pretty. The cavs and their fans are going to be going nuts this game. I don't see how this turns into anything but an embarrassment on national TV for the celtics.

Cavs by 14.

Dude, way to be a fan, just like last year's playoffs! You and r2g should start your own "fan club"...

There is a huge difference between being blindly devoted to a team and bashing it at every opportunity...

I don't bash this team at every oppoturnity. I can't speak for Joebiscuit.

We aren't playing well against bad teams, so I don't expext us to play well against the best team in the league.

Are chances improved some now that Walker and Giddens are called up. it all depends on how or if Doc plays them.

IMO, Walker and Giddens are good, young players that can help us with their energy and athleticism, two things that we are lacking right now.

This was good news and there will be more good news to follow in the next few weeks.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#16 » by BillessuR6 » Thu Jan 8, 2009 10:19 pm

Well, TA is out so that is a good thing. It would be great if Walker or Giddens got a few minutes but I doubt it...

I just hope Pruitt is given the minutes he deserves...
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#17 » by Manny Phresh » Thu Jan 8, 2009 11:28 pm

I think you guys ultimately win the game but the crowd is going to make sure they stay in the game. The way the Cavs have been playing lately have concerned me as you guys may be concerned with you team. I'm gonna take the reigning champs this game unless your guys dont come motivated to play which I highly doubt
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
Albanian Damien
Starter
And1: 639

Post#18 » by Albanian Damien » Thu Jan 8, 2009 11:34 pm

This team isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Yes we do need to get one or two more players to better secure our contention however this is still the same team that won 19 in a row. Our bench is full of young players, who play terrible when their confidence is down. Our bench need a confidence booster. Leon Powe, Tony Allen, and Even Big Baby are all talented and capable players, they just need to remember that. The big 3 also has to step their game up, they have to lead this team. When the big 3 are playing the way they should this team so different, they play with a different aura. The Celtics need to remember themselves that they are the Champions and their no reason they can't play like one. With that said, I may have only started following the Celtics closely last year, but I don't plan and giving up on this team. THIS IS GOING TO BE OUR COME BACK GAME.
My Starting 5:

PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Paul Pierce
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Patrick Ewing
Celts09
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#19 » by Celts09 » Fri Jan 9, 2009 12:48 am

Will be a good game, celtics will end their slump.
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#20 » by mr_sunshine » Fri Jan 9, 2009 5:17 am

This is the turning point in our season! Cs by 12 as Pierce carries them back from down at the half with 20 in the 2nd half. ;)

Return to Boston Celtics