ImageImageImage

Celtics @ Cavaliers - Friday, January 9th

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 946

Re: Celtics @ Cavaliers - Friday, January 9th 

Post#101 » by JR Hawks » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:12 am

A little half time analysis of each player...

Rondo-He's a 2nd team PG in the starting line-up.

Allen-The tank is half empty.

Pierce-It's painful watching him try to guard James. I'd take 1 James over 2 Pierce's.

Garnett-Needs to be a bigger focal point in the offense.

Perkins-Playing as well as he can.

Pruitt-Playing better ball than Rondo.

House-A 12th man getting minutes for a contending team.

Davis-LOL. Is there anyone in the league less deserving of the minutes he gets? He'll be out of the NBA in 3 years.

Powe-Why Davis gets more minutes than this guy is beyond me.

Back Up Center-Nevermind, we don't have one.
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,137

Post#102 » by Dogen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:12 am

sprash9802 wrote:
Dogen wrote:
klemen4 wrote:sprash 9802...you are ultimate hater...stop watching the game...we dont need your stupid posts

QFT

Hey...atleast I call it as I see it... If you smell roses in the Cs play, good for you!

Is everything upsidedown, backwards and opposite down there?

Seriously, the C's look like the Grizz bench lately, but I don;t remember you posting much at all during the win streak. Maybe you only post when upset with the team.
Hey you! Can we come together?
Joebiscuit
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#103 » by Joebiscuit » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:12 am

Albanian Damien wrote:The main problem is the celtics is not the bench, or the big 3 being tired, or Rondo not forcing people to respect him. The Celtics are simply not playing D like they were at the beginning of the year. It's started since the Lakers game. Our D allowed us to play uptempo and more freely on offense. You don't feel as pressured on offense when you have the belief that you can shut down the other team. Our struggles start on D. The only way were gonna win is if we play some D. This game is still within reach despite of how much more the Cavaliers have outplayed us.

You pretty much nailed it. This is not the save defensive team. Also the turnovers arer killing them.

However you have to give Cleveland mad props. Their defense is forcing the Celtics to play like this.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,336

Post#104 » by sprash9802 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:12 am

Dogen wrote:
sprash9802 wrote:Our bench wasn't half as bad.... Pruitt looked ok, Powe was solid and so was Baby... Eddie House seriously needs to go learn to shoot... At the moment, Rondo can shoot better... And Ray is still ice cold....

!?!?! Something partially positive to say! hey, Spach9802, maybe you got it in ya.

As I said, I call it as I see it... If you can remain calm at the atrocious play, hats off to you... UNfortunately, my standards are a LOT higher... Heck, they were high for the 24 win team... Think of what I expect from this bunch...
'Mate, you just dropped the World Cup'
-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,155

Post#105 » by MaxwellSmart » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:14 am

C's body language is not good---and the other teams are like hyenas.
Dogen
RealGM

Post#106 » by Dogen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:14 am

Bigmiketruth wrote:The C's can still win this game, IF they don't play Eddie House in the 2nd half.

I'd give Pruitt another chance. He looked reasonably steady and contributes in ways that Eddie doesn't, like handling the ball.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant

Post#107 » by sprash9802 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:14 am

Hey...atleast I call it as I see it... If you smell roses in the Cs play, good for you![/quote]

Is everything upsidedown, backwards and opposite down there?

Seriously, the C's look like the Grizz bench lately, but I don;t remember you posting much at all during the win streak. Maybe you only post when upset with the team.[/quote]

Not really... When the Cs win, NO ONE including the team, is happier than myself... I was really worried towards the end of the streak... I did notice slippage... But yes, I get MAD when this team plays like they have been... It's surprising I haven't thrown my remote or my sandals at the TV yet! :D

-Steve Waugh, the Australian captain, after S. African fielder Herschelle Gibbs dropped his catch in the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. Australia went on to win the World Cup.
MVP16
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#108 » by MVP16 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:16 am

sprash9802 wrote:Our bench wasn't half as bad.... Pruitt looked ok, Powe was solid and so was Baby... Eddie House seriously needs to go learn to shoot... At the moment, Rondo can shoot better... And Ray is still ice cold....

House's shooting isn't the problem. The problem is that House's shot selection has become awful. He is a great jumpshooter, but when he tries to create shots for himself he just ends up shooting a rainbow over an extended arm. When House comes off picks, he shoots pretty much everytime, it doesn't matter if he's open or not. House needs to reminded that his role is that of a jumpshooter, not what he is trying to do now.
sprash9802
Lead Assistant

Post#109 » by sprash9802 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:16 am

MaxwellSmart wrote:C's body language is not good---and the other teams are like hyenas.

Bingo! Shoulders are drooping, and I sense some fear in them.... They really look lost out there... This team BADLY needs a few days off, lots of practice, and some bench help.

Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#110 » by Kefa461 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:16 am

This game is quite winnable....still close. 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,069

Post#111 » by exculpatory » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:16 am

Well we better step up our D intensity, and Paul needs to play the second half like he has played the last 10 games, and RA better hit some shots, or we are in trouble.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Dogen
RealGM

Post#112 » by Dogen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:16 am

sprash9802 wrote:
Dogen wrote:

!?!?! Something partially positive to say! hey, Spach9802, maybe you got it in ya.

As I said, I call it as I see it... If you can remain calm at the atrocious play, hats off to you... UNfortunately, my standards are a LOT higher... Heck, they were high for the 24 win team... Think of what I expect from this bunch...

Don't assume your standards are higher just because you can't remain calm, mate. i'm beginning to think your a yank after all....
sprash9802
Lead Assistant

Post#113 » by sprash9802 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:17 am

Kefa461 wrote:This game is quite winnable....still close. 8-)

Well, I agree.... in a way... they should be down 20 +... but unless someone kicks their collective backsides, they will be down 15 real soon.

JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#114 » by JHTruth » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:18 am

Shhees, Lebron sinks a couple threes and they are almost performing fellatio on him at the half...
sprash9802
Lead Assistant

Post#115 » by sprash9802 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:19 am

Don't assume your standards are higher just because you can't remain calm, mate. i'm beginning to think your a yank after all....[/quote]

Think all you want... you dont know me, you haven't met me or talked to me... Remaining calm is not the easiest thing to do when this team is playing like garbage.

Al-Haqq
Starter
And1: 1

Post#116 » by Al-Haqq » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:20 am

Ray Allen is now 4/27 3PT in our last 4-games, with the 4th game being this one.

People talk about House being off, but Ray Allen is just awful right now.

Loss vs NY - 9 of his 19FG were 3PT shots
Loss vs Char - 11 of his 20FG were 3PT shots
Loss vs Hou - 4 of his 13FG were 3PT shots

Ray Allen is shooting less 3PT's as a Celtic, but more of his shots are now 3's. He rarely gets to the line and is shooting more portion of his FGA as 3's.

He isn't a particularly strong slasher, often trying to get a tough shot off as opposed to getting contact and the foul.

Why is this a problem?

.... because in games against the Cavs, LA and other strong [physically and statistically] defensive teams, he stops driving and is thus turned into solely a jump shooter and if it's off [which seems to be the case because of stingy defense], we get into trouble.

vs Cleveland [season opener] - 4 of 9FG were 3PT's
vs LA Lakers - 11!!! 11 of 14FG were 3PT's

Last year vs the Cavs, 24 of his total 61FG's were 3PT's. 40% portion!

Last year we escaped because of Pierce. This year, it seems it'll be much harder.

This is why I don't get why Doc leaves him on during the 2nd quarter. Our offense usually goes stale, and part of that is because Ray Allen is forced to become a play maker, which he can't do as well as Pierce can.

We need Pierce to start the 2nd quarter. Not Allen.

Bottom line - Ray needs to start knocking down jumpers! Period. He needs to start driving the damn ball!
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#117 » by Kefa461 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:21 am

These guys have been to the top of the mountain...a slump is not gonna rattle their cages....I will worry if they start to blame each other...they are trying the best they can. 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
Dogen
RealGM

Post#118 » by Dogen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:22 am

sprash9802 wrote:Don't assume your standards are higher just because you can't remain calm, mate. i'm beginning to think your a yank after all....

Think all you want... you dont know me, you haven't met me or talked to me... Remaining calm is not the easiest thing to do when this team is playing like garbage.[/quote]

Hey, it was from your own post. Anyway, I can understand the frustration because this is hard to take. The C's aren't showing that intensity and we've come to expect it. And expect the outcome to be a win.
Dogen
RealGM

Post#119 » by Dogen » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:24 am

Rondo needs to turn it ON! Like NOW!!
sprash9802
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by sprash9802 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:24 am

Dogen wrote:
sprash9802 wrote:Don't assume your standards are higher just because you can't remain calm, mate. i'm beginning to think your a yank after all....

Think all you want... you dont know me, you haven't met me or talked to me... Remaining calm is not the easiest thing to do when this team is playing like garbage.

Hey, it was from your own post. Anyway, I can understand the frustration because this is hard to take. The C's aren't showing that intensity and we've come to expect it. And expect the outcome to be a win.[/quote]

How do you lower expectations??? Better yet, how CAN you? I dont have anything against you man, but people forget this is a place where you also vent...

Return to Boston Celtics