ImageImageImage

Moore will be a Celtic........

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Re: Moore will be a Celtic........ 

Post#21 » by sully00 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:44 am

There is more of an opportunity for him in a place like PHX or DEN so that may play into his decision, but chances are against him getting a big contract again. So he may be more inclined to go with BOS and hope to win a championship and maybe get a deal hear for a couple of seasons.
Celtics_85
Starter
And1: 59

Post#22 » by Celtics_85 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:03 am

greenbeans: Boston fans are homers, and if Moore is coming here it must be because what we have here isn't enough. I will go with Ainge's decision here instead of some poster from this forum.
Second, he will be doing his job again, and for a much better team, which will make his job easier.
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,160

Post#23 » by chakdaddy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:20 am

Does anyone else hold out hope that we could grab Moore, Smith, and Marbury?

Cut Giddens to open the spot.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,515

Post#24 » by canman1971 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:38 am

Why does anyone think signing Mikki is an more than a guy for depth? Does anyone really think he will take serious minutes from anyone on the team? The way people are talking about this, you would think we should start calling them the Big Four starring Mikki Moore.
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#25 » by mr_sunshine » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:00 am

TonyMontana wrote:
Kefa461 wrote:
League sources insist Moore, 33, will pick the Celtics over a number of other high profile suitors. Boston Herald

One down and one to go....... 8-)

Hey Kefa I have a question for you??? :wave: Whos the other high profile suitors??? :dontknow:
I mean in all honesty, I wouldnt even consider Mikey Moore an decent player...... :dontknow:

I'd take him over Powell and Mbenga. :lol:
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by sully00 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:01 am

Easy there canman we might need another thread for that.
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,979

Post#27 » by GregB » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:08 am

Not a big Moore fan. But He did play his best with a gifted playmaker. I think Rondo could get him some easy buckets.
GreenGrizz
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#28 » by GreenGrizz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:45 am

Will Moore shave his hair? I am very worried about Lamar Oden slapping his ass. LoL
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,160

Post#29 » by chakdaddy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:47 am

I feel like he could be useful, length, energy, shooting - not the shot blocker and rebounder we might hope for, but if he had all those things he wouldn't be available.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#30 » by Kefa461 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Tony.....
Didn't mean it as it came off.....just having a team huddle...that's all 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#31 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:54 pm

canman1971 wrote:Why does anyone think signing Mikki is an more than a guy for depth? Does anyone really think he will take serious minutes from anyone on the team? The way people are talking about this, you would think we should start calling them the Big Four starring Mikki Moore.

:lol: :lol:

No kidding!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#32 » by GuyClinch » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:18 pm

Why does anyone think signing Mikki is an more than a guy for depth? Does anyone really think he will take serious minutes from anyone on the team? The way people are talking about this, you would think we should start calling them the Big Four starring Mikki Moore.

If we were bringing in BBD or Powe and had Mikki people would be saying the same thing. Your making the same mistake that people did about our bench last year. Not enough credit for our bench play goes to the starters and coaching staff..and too much too much to the players.

It's quite possible that Mikki could work himself into the first big off the bench here. Was he playing poorly this year with his new contract? Sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if BBD or Powe or House struggled to find burn with another team.

Take a look at our team objectively - only TA (probably the most hated player on these boards) has really played OKAY as a bench player. All our bench players outside of TA have NEGATIVE roland ratings. As a mobile 7 footer he has some pretty significant advantages. He could absolutely help this team if he applies himself, IMHO.

Remember how no one thought at first PJ Brown could really help? I do..

Pete
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,515

Post#33 » by canman1971 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:27 pm

GuyClinch wrote:

If we were bringing in BBD or Powe and had Mikki people would be saying the same thing. Your making the same mistake that people did about our bench last year. Not enough credit for our bench play goes to the starters and coaching staff..and too much too much to the players.

It's quite possible that Mikki could work himself into the first big off the bench here. Was he playing poorly this year with his new contract? Sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if BBD or Powe or House struggled to find burn with another team.

Take a look at our team objectively - only TA (probably the most hated player on these boards) has really played OKAY as a bench player. All our bench players outside of TA have NEGATIVE roland ratings. As a mobile 7 footer he has some pretty significant advantages. He could absolutely help this team if he applies himself, IMHO.

Remember how no one thought at first PJ Brown could really help? I do..

Pete

I am not saying he cannot help. I believe he can. But lets not lose sight of the fact that we are talking about Mikki Moore. PJ Brown at least had a solid consistent career.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by sully00 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:32 pm

This wasn't the first year of Moore's contract that was last season when he played all 82 games and was a starter and avg 8.5/6 they just played him half as much and and shot even less.

All in all I don't think that much of him as a player but at the same time we could use all of the things he is and can do. He isn't the physical presence that McDyess is or the scorer that Smith is but he is a pogo stick that can add some athleticism that we sorely miss with KG out of the lineup.
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#35 » by humblebum » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:26 pm

The question is really all about how Moore fits in with the current Celtics team. His height is extremely valuable to the Celtics because Powe, Davis and Scals are all relatively undersized. That's the value he brings to the Celtics. Clearly Moore's talent isn't far surpassing that of Powe or Davis or Scals but he makes for better frontcourt pairings. IMO Moore-Davis (or Moore-Powe, Moore-Scals) >> Davis-Powe (or any other combination that we can currently use).

Plus Moore is very mobile, he's an energy player, and he's been successful playing off of great players in the past. Rondo and the Big 3 will make Moore look much better than he actually is. If he gets his confidence going he could be really dangerous because he'll have plenty of open looks in the paint and from mid-range. I don't think he's a great player but he can certainly help make this team a tougher out, especially in the playoffs where we'll need his length.
Tenbomber
Banned User
And1: 989

Post#36 » by Tenbomber » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:49 pm

Moore plays with emotion....he's a veteran player who will give his best effort every night....and he knows his role...

He should do very well with Rajon Rondo getting him easy buckets underneath...

I hope we bring him in... :)
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#37 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:52 pm

canman1971 wrote:

I am not saying he cannot help. I believe he can. But lets not lose sight of the fact that we are talking about Mikki Moore. PJ Brown at least had a solid consistent career.

:nod:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#38 » by humblebum » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:18 pm

But PJ Brown was also coming off a prolonged period of not playing NBA basketball. He was also quite unimpressive during his stint in Chicago and ya he was what 39 years old? During his first 20 or so games with the Celtics he was dreadful, but he made several key plays down the stretch in the playoffs. Ultimately people are just worried about "who" will make those kinds of plays "this" playoff season. Anybody could be that guy, or maybe the Celtics don't make those plays this year and they don't win it all. But I don't see how anyone could argue that Moore isn't comparable to what PJ brought last season... he's was almost completely washed up, at least Moore still has some life in his legs.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#39 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:26 pm

^Good point, although I buy the argument that PJ had a much more impressive body of work prior to coming to the C's than Moore does...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#40 » by greenbeans » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Moore agrees to deal with C's. Per agent on Boston.com

Anything is posssssiiibbbbllleeeee

Return to Boston Celtics