ImageImageImage

Ch. 5 reports Steph on his way!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Re: Ch. 5 reports Steph on his way! 

Post#101 » by campybatman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Why do people keep talking about Marbury in terms of an off guard. No. You want him to be that veteran point guard to give Rondo rest and take pressure off or the need to play Pruitt a lot of minutes when Rondo's on the bench. This team already has Ray and House as the off guards who score. A good point was made by Payton or Webber (I think it was them) that he must adjust his game and be more of a facilitator than a scorer. Boston knows he can score. He needs to make players like House, Powe, Davis and Moore better players.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#102 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:20 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:
MyInsatiableOne wrote:
armageddon wrote:Awesome pickup. Although Marbury hasn't been able to win in his career, he has never been a trouble maker. He treats people respectfully and gives back to charities. He's actually a pretty classy guy but has developed a reputation from being obstinate and stubborn, hopefully this has lessened with maturity.
Give him a month, he'll be destroying the other teams' backups. Also, there's no guarantee that Rondo will never get injured.

This is a guy who banged a Knicks intern in the back of his pickup truck while his cousin watched (I'm sure there are more incidents like this) and claimed to have tons of "****" on Isiah and would "**** him" before he "**** me"...

We talking about the same guy? :o

Bassy ? :noway:

Don't think it was Bassy, another one...still, the guy's a dirtbag (we KNOW this isn't the only example...)
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#103 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:08 pm

I love dirtbags who are good at basketball.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#104 » by humblebum » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:20 pm

Yeah, I wonder if people realize that these guys actually play BASKETBALL for a living. It's not a frickin soap opera. It's their job.

As much as people worry about the team I think there needs to be more of an understanding of Marbury's likely mindset at this point.

His career is currently in shambles and public opinion of him is at an all time low. This (likely) stint in Boston is more or less his last chance of getting a good pay day in the NBA. On top of that you have the revenge factor, Ubuntu, Doc, KG, Ray, Paul... that's a lot of things to motivate and keep you in line.

Marbury will be a good soldier because BASKETBALL is his job and he wants to make a lot of money doing it. He's clearly not ready to retire, he came into camp in great shape, you could see it during the preseason games. It's his contract year people... there is almost NO CHANCE he screws this up.

NOW WINNING.... is a different story. Who knows what the future holds. But I think that one thing is perfectly clear, the Celtics are a serious contender. It's not a guarantee that they'll win but they have a respectable shot of running the table and repeating. What more could you ask?
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#105 » by Banks2Pierce » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Yes. He can cover the opposing 2 guard, but he better be bringing that ball up with the second unit.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#106 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:30 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:I love dirtbags who are good at basketball.

:lol:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Onez_Knicks
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#107 » by Onez_Knicks » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:55 pm

This is a huge move for you guys. Congrats! marbury was in great shape when he came to camp if he slightly the same you will have a powerful bench.
All I have to say is F everyone. Goodnight.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#108 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Since you're a Knicks fan I'll take that with a grain of salt!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#109 » by Cyclical » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Here's hoping...
1. That he still has some of speed left in his legs.
2. That he can / is willing to defend.

Good luck to us.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#110 » by Paeds » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:57 pm

High Risk High Reward
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#111 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:04 pm

Paeds wrote:High Risk High Reward

Low Risk High Reward - the team can cut him whenever they want and not have to worry about any long-term cap implications.
billfromBoston
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#112 » by billfromBoston » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:
MyInsatiableOne wrote:
armageddon wrote:Awesome pickup. Although Marbury hasn't been able to win in his career, he has never been a trouble maker. He treats people respectfully and gives back to charities. He's actually a pretty classy guy but has developed a reputation from being obstinate and stubborn, hopefully this has lessened with maturity.
Give him a month, he'll be destroying the other teams' backups. Also, there's no guarantee that Rondo will never get injured.

This is a guy who banged a Knicks intern in the back of his pickup truck while his cousin watched (I'm sure there are more incidents like this) and claimed to have tons of "****" on Isiah and would "**** him" before he "**** me"...

We talking about the same guy? :o

Bassy ? :noway:

Who hasn't banged an intern or two? :wink:
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#113 » by Paeds » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:

Low Risk High Reward - the team can cut him whenever they want and not have to worry about any long-term cap implications.

Money is not the risk with this transaction
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#114 » by humblebum » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 pm

What is the risk that Marbury plays like a selfish "loser"... well if he does he'll find himself on the bench. That wouldn't leave the team in any worse of a situation than it was before the signed Marbury, hence LOW risk.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,888

Post#115 » by theGreatRC » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:39 pm

Celtics have just been my pick to win the finals again.

Marbury and KG reunited again, I think i'm gonna cry.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
armageddon
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#116 » by armageddon » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:41 pm

With the intern banging maybe he should be called Starbunny.
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#117 » by wetsthebed » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:44 pm

Paeds wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:

Money is not the risk with this transaction

If you're talking about him ruining chemistry and bringing down the team, then it's still no risk, we can always cut him.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,911

Post#118 » by Dick Tate » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:22 am

Malignant cancer spreads fast. This toxic radiation blast is the last thing the Celtics need. Hopefully somebody can talk Danny Ainge out of this before it's too late. Plus, i'd need to find another team to cheer for since I could never stomach the idea of that punk getting a ring.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#119 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:02 pm

Dick Tate wrote:Malignant cancer spreads fast. This toxic radiation blast is the last thing the Celtics need. Hopefully somebody can talk Danny Ainge out of this before it's too late. Plus, i'd need to find another team to cheer for since I could never stomach the idea of that punk getting a ring.

Honestly this is the one major thing that is bothering me the most...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics