ImageImageImage

N.Y. asks Why do you think Marbury will work out for Boston

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

oak3334
Junior
And1: 13

N.Y. asks Why do you think Marbury will work out for Boston 

Post#1 » by oak3334 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:19 pm

His life long dream was to be a Knick. He was made the captain of his childhood team.
That didn't make him happy. He's the best guard in the league according to him. How long till he starts crying about not starting. Watch, he will destroy this team from the inside like he has on every team he has played for. The Celtics do not need him, listen I'm a Knick, Giant and Yankee fan. So the feelings we have for each others teams I'm sure are mutial and I'm saying it's a mistake to sign him.
Clyde Drexler, called Oakley a dirty player. Told of Drexler’s comment, Oak said, “He can blow me.”
DieselCeltic
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: N.Y. asks Why do you Marbury will work out for Boston 

Post#2 » by DieselCeltic » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:24 pm

Leave the past behind. I am confident that our guys, esp. PP.RA and KG will guide Steph and show him the light at the end of the tunnel. I mean seriously the guy was around Eddy Curry, Q-Rich and all those lunatics that played for the Knicks. You can't blame him. He is given a chance and if he doesn't use it wisely he'll be cut as fast as the lighting strikes. So no worries for the Celtics. He won't ruin the chemistry he won't do anything except contribute.

Im happy for Steph and hope he emerges to be a star type of player that he once was.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#3 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:26 pm

Why would a Knick fan care so much about the well-being of the Celtics? If Marbury was terrible, wouldn't you want this guy to come in and ruin our franchise from within, similar to a Trojan horse? Why do you care for the Celtics all of a sudden?
meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,791

Re: N.Y. asks Why do you think Marbury will work out for Boston 

Post#4 » by meatball sub » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:34 pm

One word: Ubuntu

If you don't think Marbury is going to buy into Ubuntu, then you're crazier than he is.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#5 » by greenbeans » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:34 pm

He's not the first or last athlete to go to his hometown team and crap the bed, we're just hoping he can get "it" back in time for the playoffs.
Another thing, Rondos ego is being forgotten about with this whole situation, if Steph comes here with a big head oh well, the guy in front of him has a bigger head.
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#6 » by humblebum » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:36 pm

bove310 wrote:One word: Ubuntu

If you don't think Marbury is going to buy into Ubuntu, then you're crazier than he is.

Perfect.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#7 » by BillessuR6 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Marbury will be a great addition for the Celtics! He is exactly what we need!

I have zero worries about his attitude here...
gpguy25
Sophomore

Post#8 » by gpguy25 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:37 pm

I said it before Ill say it again. How is he not a short term solution? This guy can ball and this team will not let this guy control them. Do you really think KG, PP, and Sugar or even Rondo for the matter will let Marbury ruin this team? NO WAY we have a real staff here in Boston it's not a nightmare like NYK. Marbury is good for this season and maybe next then bye bye.
Green 17.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,318

Post#9 » by Gant » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:38 pm

You can be sure the Celtics have discussed Marbury's role with him before they made this deal. He knows he's not the starter.

This is the Celtics not the Knicks. Ainge and Rivers know how to manage a team.
floyd
Bench Warmer
And1: 648

Post#10 » by floyd » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:39 pm

No one knows it'll work but it's worth a shot to save Pierce and Ray's legs for the postseason. They have to carry the bench's scoring every night. Marbs will be asked to be a gunner with a bunch of role players on the second unit. I think he can handle that. If he moans about starting then he gets cut.
Who-rod
Starter
And1: 254

Post#11 » by Who-rod » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:40 pm

Vet minimum is an easy burden to free oneself of. It's called leverage, and he has none here.
GreenGrizz
Analyst

Post#12 » by GreenGrizz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:43 pm

Marbury will have big brothers in Boston.
gpguy25
Sophomore

Post#13 » by gpguy25 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Marbury will have big brothers in Boston.

Also when has Marbury been on a legitimate contender? Never he's always had to be the 1st or 2nd best player on his team. With all the pressure off of him he actually might flourish and I truly think he will, because he wants to win and not only that he wants to be a contributor to the win.
Green 17.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#14 » by Kefa461 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:20 pm

oak3334 wrote:His life long dream was to be a Knick. He was made the captain of his childhood team.
That didn't make him happy. He's the best guard in the league according to him. How long till he starts crying about not starting. Watch, he will destroy this team from the inside like he has on every team he has played for. The Celtics do not need him, listen I'm a Knick, Giant and Yankee fan. So the feelings we have for each others teams I'm sure are mutial and I'm saying it's a mistake to sign him.

Relax....breath deep.....he's no longer NY's problem.....move on with life...... 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#15 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Marbs will be on a short leash too...as soon as he acts up, we can cut him...minimal (in NBA terms) financial risk....
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
WuTang8611
Senior
And1: 228

Post#16 » by WuTang8611 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:23 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Why would a Knick fan care so much about the well-being of the Celtics? If Marbury was terrible, wouldn't you want this guy to come in and ruin our franchise from within, similar to a Trojan horse? Why do you care for the Celtics all of a sudden?

The reason knick fans care is because, first off they got rid of their "cancer"

So they may look at it as a win-win. Marbury either ruins our chemistry and our chances at 18 in which the knick fans say I told you so...

or

Marbury is good for our team and bolsters our bench so we get by cleveland. Cleveland falling short again just increases Lebron's chances of leaving the Cavs and going to New York.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#17 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:26 pm

How hard will we all laugh if LeBron doesn't go to NY? It'll set them back another 40 years!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#18 » by Golabki » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Marbury got a bad rap is NY.

Sure he went to NY and things didn't work out... but NY was also the worst run franchise in sports during that period. Isiah is the one responsible, Marbury was just there at the same time.
Collinto
Sixth Man
And1: 25

Post#19 » by Collinto » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Because for the first time in his career, he needs the team more than the team needs him...

The question is can he control his ego and narcissism enough to be a good teammate for 120 days? Most seem to think he can...me not so much. I think that he will cause waves, maybe we won't hear about them publicly for a few months (or years), but he will be the pain in the neck he usually is...just dosed down 500 mg to 300 mg. Which would still be a lethal does to most teams.

I don't think, however, that he will drag this team down with him. The team will use his distractions and rants to create more unity. What a lot of people are missing, IMHO, is that the Celtics as a group have huge egos, both individual and as a unit. I guarantee that they have sat down and discussed Marbury and said "We can make this guy one of the good guys". What will end up occurring, IMHO, is in the process of putting their arms around Marbury and 'teaching' him ubuntu...their ubuntu will grow.

So in a little twist of irony; and mimicking the reaction of sick individuals, the cancer that is Marbury, will help this team learn even more about themselves, their strengths and their unity.
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#20 » by Kefa461 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Collinto wrote:Because for the first time in his career, he needs the team more than the team needs him...

The question is can he control his ego and narcissism enough to be a good teammate for 120 days? Most seem to think he can...me not so much. I think that he will cause waves, maybe we won't hear about them publicly for a few months (or years), but he will be the pain in the neck he usually is...just dosed down 500 mg to 300 mg. Which would still be a lethal does to most teams.

I don't think, however, that he will drag this team down with him. The team will use his distractions and rants to create more unity. What a lot of people are missing, IMHO, is that the Celtics as a group have huge egos, both individual and as a unit. I guarantee that they have sat down and discussed Marbury and said "We can make this guy one of the good guys". What will end up occurring, IMHO, is in the process of putting their arms around Marbury and 'teaching' him ubuntu...their ubuntu will grow.

So in a little twist of irony; and mimicking the reaction of sick individuals, the cancer that is Marbury, will help this team learn even more about themselves, their strengths and their unity.

You got it man.......where you been....miss your posts...... 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.

Return to Boston Celtics