ImageImageImage

N.Y. asks Why do you think Marbury will work out for Boston

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

tdfoss
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: N.Y. asks Why do you think Marbury will work out for Boston 

Post#81 » by tdfoss » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:09 pm

I've read all the posts and coming from a cowboys fan I heard all the same things with pacman jones............good luck! As a Lakers fan I will be more than happy to watch the show.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#82 » by MyInsatiableOne » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:57 pm

tdfoss wrote:I've read all the posts and coming from a cowboys fan I heard all the same things with pacman jones............good luck! As a Lakers fan I will be more than happy to watch the show.

The HUGE difference being who in the **** HELL did the Cowboys have to keep Pacman in check? TO? HA! Romo? The dude is a pathetic "leader" and chokes worse than a fat kid eating candy...

The C's are doing what the Pats did with Dillon and Moss...the C's have KG, Paul, and Ray who won't take ANY ****, the way the Pats have Brady, Bruschi, Vrabel, Belichick...

So basically, you're entire post was shown to be 100% wrong...but thanks for trying, play again! :lol:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#83 » by GuyClinch » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:36 pm

I am really liking the Marbury addition. I was watching the game last night and i saw plenty of bad situations out there on the court when Rondo wasn't out there - and a few with him in there. I think people are going to be surprised at the skill of Marbury.

Yes he is a dribble it too much guy - but for us especially with the second unit that's not going to be all bad..
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#84 » by Taget » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:50 pm

kosmovitelli wrote:The only problem I can see is Marbury forcing shots and trying too hard to prove d'Antoni (and the Knicks) wrong.

His problem will be keeping his ego in check. He can do well on the second unit. He can prosper. Perhaps even put up big numbers. And he can be happy doing it as long as the team does well.

But let's take this scenario. Team loses three straight with Rondo having bad games in all three. Will he be able to resist the temptation to go to the press and announce that "Starbury" needs to start?

He can be a good addition to a well oiled machine. I just worry what will happen when we start to hear a few squeaks.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#85 » by humblebum » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:56 pm

If there are a few "squeaks" from Marbury then the media will feast upon those comments or actions like vultures surrounding a carcasse and people on RealGM will go wild as well. But internally the leadership structure Doc, Thibs, KG etc. will handle business, get everyone back in-line, and get things back on the right track. This is likely the strongest longer room in the NBA, these guys are professionals and a tight knit group. They'll survive controversy and they'll survive adversity. The team is focussed on winning. Marbury either plays along or he's cast aside.

The only questions of relevance are how will Marbury fit in on the court and what impact does he have on the rotation? That's it. All this talk about character is verbal masturbation. It produces nothing of importance.
tdfoss
Banned User

Post#86 » by tdfoss » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:44 pm

did someone say Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are leaders?????? Lay off the green kool aid
Brownsville's Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#87 » by Brownsville's Finest » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:22 pm

big marbury fan bigger knicks fan the first thing u guys will c is that he can really d up when he tries and hes actually not nearly as selfish as people claim he is on the court. He may even over pass and be too tentative his first few games
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#88 » by mr_sunshine » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:24 pm

tdfoss wrote:I've read all the posts and coming from a cowboys fan I heard all the same things with pacman jones............good luck! As a Lakers fan I will be more than happy to watch the show.

Cowboys and Lakers fan? Fail! I suppose you like the Yankees and Red Wings too?
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,151

Post#89 » by DarkAzcura » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:55 pm

tdfoss wrote:did someone say Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are leaders?????? Lay off the green kool aid

LOL you don't think Pierce is a leader? I honestly don't think Garnett is (he got into way too many fights with Wolves' players for my liking...even though he hasn't been that way here, I question his leadership skills). Pierce is still the leader of this team. Learn a thing or two about the Celtics.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,151

Post#90 » by DarkAzcura » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:55 pm

double post my bad
markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Post#91 » by markdeez33 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:31 am

Warning for trolling. canman
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,473

Post#92 » by AlCelticFan » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:40 am

He really DOES look like an oompah loompah...
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#93 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:02 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:
KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:marbury will be the celts starting pg come playoffs

Not a chance in hell.

hey im stickin to it (and if not starting, ill go with getting more minutes than rondo)- this has 0 to do with rondo.. rondo is a very very good player, but you guys just signed an allstar caliber player (yes, still) for the vet minimum, regardless of what steph-haters and others on here have said about him in the past, dude is beyond talented

this guy is in the best shape he has been in since probably his 1st season in ny, maybe even better.. he has a great midrange j, unstoppable 1v1 on the dribble, plus passer and a very good defender when motivated

ill be honest i f**king hate the celtics, and i hate how marbury acted in ny, but i kinda want to see him contribute to a ship and i think hes the diff between the celts winning this yr and not
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#94 » by SuigintouEV » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:13 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:marbury will be the celts starting pg come playoffs

Not a chance in hell.

hey im stickin to it (and if not starting, ill go with getting more minutes than rondo)- this has 0 to do with rondo.. rondo is a very very good player, but you guys just signed an allstar caliber player (yes, still) for the vet minimum, regardless of what steph-haters and others on here have said about him in the past, dude is beyond talented

Steph is good but right now Rondo has a lot of things going for him...

Defense - even if steph shows his best defense, which i agree is good, Rondo is a pure disrupter on that end.
Offense - Rondo isn't a scorer, he needs shooters like Pierce, garnett, allen to distribute to. He'd be worthless on the bench.
Chemistry - Why mess with a good thing? A championship starting cast
PER - Rondo has a PER of 21, Steph hasn't had a PER that high since he was 27, which was 5 years ago.
Lineups - Steph can guard some 2 guards, which puts House on 1s and letts the small backcourt work.
Distribution - Steph is a scorer. he's always struggled with proper shot distribution, it's harder for him to decide when and how often to distribute when he has 3 all stars than when has....................glen davis and eddie house.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
billfromBoston
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by billfromBoston » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Taget wrote:
kosmovitelli wrote:The only problem I can see is Marbury forcing shots and trying too hard to prove d'Antoni (and the Knicks) wrong.

His problem will be keeping his ego in check. He can do well on the second unit. He can prosper. Perhaps even put up big numbers. And he can be happy doing it as long as the team does well.

But let's take this scenario. Team loses three straight with Rondo having bad games in all three. Will he be able to resist the temptation to go to the press and announce that "Starbury" needs to start?

He can be a good addition to a well oiled machine. I just worry what will happen when we start to hear a few squeaks.

As has happened all year, in the few instances that Rondo has struggled he will SIT and LOSE SOME MINUTES to whomever is playing better - its been House and TA this season to date, now Marbury will factor into that equation...

Look, Rondo isn't entitled to any more minutes than he earns on the court either. His play has always dictated how much he stays on the court - there have been plenty of times where he's lost some PT for not having his "A" game.

Rondo is never going to lose his starting job, but Marbury is never going to bitch about being a starter when he's got anywhere from 20-30 minutes of potential PT available to him backing up the 1 and the 2. Once he's up to speed, he'll get a fair shake to play as much as merit dictates - if that means Rondo plays 25 minutes one night because he doesn't have it, that's how the game works...

Let's not forget - this team is built on equality - nobody gets 30+ minutes a night just because...you gotta show it...

Return to Boston Celtics