ImageImageImage

Celtics @ Magic - Wednesday, March 25th

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Ortho Stice
Veteran
And1: 76

Re: Celtics @ Magic - Wednesday, March 25th 

Post#181 » by Ortho Stice » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:43 am

Mikki Moore is useful in that if we didn't sign him we'd have to play Pierce at power forward for a few games due to all the injuries. Otherwise, he's completely useless and shouldn't receive any minutes during the playoffs, unless Powe can't stand up.
bballcool34
General Manager
And1: 614

Post#182 » by bballcool34 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:43 am

Orlando's a very good team, but this game honestly just confirmed what I already thought- they aren't nearly as much of a threat to us as the Lakers or Cavs.

Provided that the Celts are healthy, Orlando will have a very tough time beating us- whether or not we have HCA.
Damn
Joebiscuit
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#183 » by Joebiscuit » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:47 am

idrinkrootbeer wrote:Mikki Moore is useful in that if we didn't sign him we'd have to play Pierce at power forward for a few games due to all the injuries. Otherwise, he's completely useless and shouldn't receive any minutes during the playoffs, unless Powe can't stand up.

Moore sucks but I rewinded when he get called for a foul on Lewis and Lewis clearly flopped.
Scalamental
Sixth Man
And1: 146

Post#184 » by Scalamental » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:48 am

Mikki Moore, nice guy, good for him. Sucks. Someone tell him he's 7 footer.
BlameTheRefs
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#185 » by BlameTheRefs » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:49 am

Can't Doc come up with something other than a Pierce iso at the end of the game?
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,155

Post#186 » by MaxwellSmart » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:50 am

we win this game with Leon Powe playing.
Avalanche
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#187 » by Avalanche » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:51 am

Im sorry but coming off injury or not, if he can play 9 minutes straight, then he can play the last 90 seconds of this game, should have had KG in there
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#188 » by Kefa461 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:51 am

If you get the job done these times aren't needed...... 8-)

ps.....I just tivoed the last few mins......I guess the refs never saw the holding on several C's ever before the ball was inbounded.....if it was Scal in there a dead ball foul would have been called on us.....u can believe that.....it's all in what you want to see in the NBA..........Ray couldn't get loose, he was rapped up too. 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
BlameTheRefs
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#189 » by BlameTheRefs » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:53 am

Avalanche wrote:Im sorry but coming off injury or not, if he can play 9 minutes straight, then he can play the last 90 seconds of this game, should have had KG in there

Yep I agree. A couple more minutes isn't going to kill him.
handlethetruth
Junior

Post#190 » by handlethetruth » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:54 am

There were at least three times where we didnt get critical rebounds and Orlando hit a three, If Kg is in there, this does not happen. Once KG gets back to his usual minutes, i feel confident that we can beat anybody in a 7 game series regarless of home court.
kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#191 » by kmgarnett21 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:54 am

You can definitely tell who the Pierce homers are. I DO agree with you that he got fouled on that drive goin to the basket where Howard did a "tremendous job." BS. BUT, why does PP always get the last shot it seems like this season? YES, he is our guy come 4th quarter and he is great in that role, but Ray Allen has been our game-winning shooter and he's made almost all our clutchest (is that a word?) shots over the last two seasons. I would've rather Ray taken a fall away 3 than Pierce, but thats after the fact and doesn't matter. I would just like to see Ray have some opportunities in those exact game situations we were just in.

But in retrospect, I agree that with a healthy roster, we can beat Orlando, just not as easily as you all are saying. I think it will go 6 games, maybe 7 depeding on our teams' health.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Post#192 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:55 am

Man this wack...I thought Lewis fouled Pierce on that drive..anybody care to tell me what would have happened if that was LeBron???Yea.FT's tied game, over time...BS man...
Why didn't Doc Run a play for Ray Allen? He is the best catch and shoot guy on the team..it's either him or Eddie when you need a score like that with 1 second on the clock...bad coaching by Doc in the end..bad decision making by Rondo walking the ball up the court when we had 10 seconds to get a shot off...bad play giving Baby that ball when your down by only 2...but ehhh...we only got back in the game because Orlando pretty much let us...basically the same story from the last game here in Boston..we get killed the first 3 quarters and come back in the 4th...With KG in the game we pull this one out..so im not at all worried...speaking of KG when in the hell will he play at least 25 minutes man? Or at least play him 8 minutes in the 4th instead of 8 minutes in the 3rd..but w/e..Orlando will lose more games than we will, im almost certain about that..so I think we get 2nd seed..and if we don't it doesn't matter..we'll beat Orlando in 6 without homecourt anyways...good to see PP get back on track though....
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#193 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:58 am

Ohh Moore pretty much screwed us when he fouled Lewis shooting an airball 3...thanks Mikki..you freaking BUM!
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#194 » by Kefa461 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:58 am

3rd seed might not be too bad......Orl has problems with Detroit.....C's vs Philly.......if your not 1st who cares. 8-)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
handlethetruth
Junior

Post#195 » by handlethetruth » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:01 am

Man this wack...I thought Lewis fouled Pierce on that drive..anybody care to tell me what would have happened if that was LeBron???Yea.FT's tied game, over time...BS man...
Why didn't Doc Run a play for Ray Allen? He is the best catch and shoot guy on the team..it's either him or Eddie when you need a score like that with 1 second on the clock...bad coaching by Doc in the end..bad decision making by Rondo walking the ball up the court when we had 10 seconds to get a shot off...bad play giving Baby that ball when your down by only 2...but ehhh...we only got back in the game because Orlando pretty much let us...basically the same story from the last game here in Boston..we get killed the first 3 quarters and come back in the 4th...With KG in the game we pull this one out..so im not at all worried...speaking of KG when in the hell will he play at least 25 minutes man? Or at least play him 8 minutes in the 4th instead of 8 minutes in the 3rd..but w/e..Orlando will lose more games than we will, im almost certain about that..so I think we get 2nd seed..and if we don't it doesn't matter..we'll beat Orlando in 6 without homecourt anyways...good to see PP get back on track though....

Man, there is no doubt that Lebron gets a call in that situation if you look at him wrong dog. Paul Pierce does not get near the respect that he deserves in the NBA. I dont know if Howard actually fouled him on that play, but if its one of the so called MVP's in the NBA, they get that call. I just hope that David Stern gets these refs under control before the playoffs, or he is going to lose alot of fans. I can already imagine the calls that Lebron is going to get this year in the playoffs. It almost makes me sick even thinking about it.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,378

Post#196 » by Red2 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:02 am

rondo had a poor game - 4 to's and lousy d on the pick and roll all night plus he never got us going offensively. 18 turnovers, no kg and we still should have won this game. if you're orlando you can't be too happy. what was doc thinking with 16 seconds to go? how cone he didn't put in eddie? instead he leaves perk and davis who proceed to bring their men into the paint where it just so happens pierce wants to go. it was a horrible play. if we had spread the floor with house,allen etc then pierce could have kicked out to them. this was yet another winnable game that we couldn't pull out. I'd love to believe that we're going to get it together for the playoffs but I just don't see that happening. when marbury is in the game the O goes nowhere. And mikki Moore- oh man, he sucked again. he's like a bigger tony allen. I'm pretty bummed about this one. how come pierce had to wait until we were down 16 to start playing hard? how come ray allen never saw the ball down the stretch? how come eddie wasn't in there?
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#197 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 am

Kefa461 wrote:3rd seed might not be too bad......Orl has problems with Detroit.....C's vs Philly.......if your not 1st who cares. 8-)

See I thought about this too...this is actually a very interesting situation...and I would like to ask you guys something...If the season ends with Detroit being 7th and Philly being 6th...would you guys rather we play Philly and than not have HC against Orlando, or would you rather play a much harder, experienced team in Detroit and have HC against Orlando?? I would rather play Philly and take my chances with Orlando on the road....I want no part of Iverson, Prince, Rasheed, McDyess, Hamilton, Maxiell and those Detroit pistons guys....nope..give me 3rd seed any day... :D
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#198 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:10 am

handlethetruth wrote:

Man, there is no doubt that Lebron gets a call in that situation if you look at him wrong dog. Paul Pierce does not get near the respect that he deserves in the NBA. I dont know if Howard actually fouled him on that play, but if its one of the so called MVP's in the NBA, they get that call. I just hope that David Stern gets these refs under control before the playoffs, or he is going to lose alot of fans. I can already imagine the calls that Lebron is going to get this year in the playoffs. It almost makes me sick even thinking about it.

I don't think Howard fouled him, that was a good clean block... but Lewis slapped him across the arm..should have been a reach in foul....LeBron would have gotten that 97 times out of 100...And that wasn't the only time PP got hacked going to the hole and got nothing from the refs...ahhh...pfffffffffffffff... :roll:
handlethetruth
Junior

Post#199 » by handlethetruth » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:13 am

I don't think Howard fouled him, that was a good clean block... but Lewis slapped him across the arm..should have been a reach in foul....LeBron would have gotten that 97 times out of 100...And that wasn't the only time PP got hacked going to the hole and got nothing from the refs...ahhh...pfffffffffffffff...

Hey Man, dont sell him short, Lebron gets that 100 times out of 100, but ya dog Pierce got screwed out of some calls tonight as usual.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,714

Post#200 » by return2glory » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:08 am

Tough loss. Moore and Marbury suck.

Return to Boston Celtics