ImageImageImage

Round 2 Game 1 : Celtics vs Magic - Monday, May 4th (0-0)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Round 2 Game 1 : Celtics vs Magic - Monday, May 4th (0-0) 

Post#1 » by wetsthebed » Sun May 3, 2009 3:47 pm

Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Re: Round 2 Game 1 : Celtics vs Magic - Monday, May 4th (0-0) 

Post#2 » by Cigamodnalro » Sun May 3, 2009 3:49 pm

;)

This should be a good series. We can only hope it's as entertaining as BOS/CHI was.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
PP34RA10
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by PP34RA10 » Sun May 3, 2009 3:59 pm

ray allen should destroy jj redick

ray allen has to average around 26 ppg vs this scrub
TreyAllen34
Junior
And1: 11

Post#4 » by TreyAllen34 » Sun May 3, 2009 4:33 pm

LETS GO CELTICS

Big series for Ray/Rondo/Pierce they should own their matchups
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,313

Post#5 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun May 3, 2009 5:07 pm

I said this before we even played the first game against Chicago. We match up a whole lot better with Orlando than we did with Chi. And I wouldn't have been surprised if Chicago knocked us out, yet I would be VERY surprised if Orlando did. We match up way better with them...

Rondo just owned Rose who is way better than Alston...so he should have his way with Rafer all day long. Ray went off on Ben Gordon...imagine what he will do with JJ Reddick? JJ isnt even better than Hinrich and Lindsay Hunter...and they we're bench in Chicago. Good luck to JJ..he will need it. Paul had a rough time on Salmons, yet he still managed to AVG more points and put up better numbers in the series. Salmons is a way more complete player than Hedo is. Dude just camps around in the 3pt line all day, and his defense isn't as good as Salmons. He has height advantage on P, but he can't keep up with him..no way. Lewis and Baby will be key for us. Maybe it would be better to start Scal on Lewis? Scal has better D than Baby..If I'm Doc I consider doing this. Perk and Howard will be one for the ages IMO...two of the top 5 Centers in the league...should be good. I expect Boston to win this game...7+...

Ohh..by the way...the benches should be interesting. Our bench is deeper IMO..for a change. The only one im worried about is Pietrus. Dude is nasty and has good ass D...if we manage to get Howard in foul trouble, we would be in good shape. :)
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#6 » by humblebum » Sun May 3, 2009 5:18 pm

As I've said on the Magic board I believe that Orlando basically controls it's own destiny in this series and for them it has to start with defense. If Howard can stop Perkins offensive game inside, clean the defensive boards and deny easy layups for Rondo and Pierce than the Celtics are going to have a tough time putting up enough points to match the inside-outside offensive attack of the Magic.

The Celtics have two players who can be reasonably expected to guard Dwight, Perkins and Davis. That means you can't start both of these guys. Scal should start (he's also a better matchup against Shard) and Davis should come off the bench (not only will this help to keep Davis/Perk on Howard for the entire game it will also help to bolster the second unit from an offensive perspective IMO).

Another key for the Celtics is the Marbury/House combination off the bench. These guys need to play well and they need to play consistent. Marbury needs to play as the PG and primary ballhandler when he's in the game. Playing Marbury alongside Rondo kills offensive flow. It's not coincidence IMO that House played well in the one game where Marbury was utilized as a PG off the bench. If these guys can get it going it changes the dynamic of the series much like the superior depth in the Bulls backcourt changed the dynamic of the Celtics-Bulls series.

Finally, I expect that Ray and Paul will have similar series' to what they produced in Round 1. Ray will be the more consistent player and Paul will have moments of brilliance and suckiness in turn.

This should be a really tough series for the Celtics. If they pull this out without KG this will be a successful season regardless of what happens vs. the Cavaliers (unless they get swept in four straight blowouts vs. Cleveland). Can't wait for the games to begin!
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#7 » by Dirty Water » Sun May 3, 2009 6:39 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how Tony Allen ever wound up getting a Victory Cigar. LOL
BlameTheRefs
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#8 » by BlameTheRefs » Sun May 3, 2009 7:28 pm

Howard's gonna get his, no doubt about it. But the Magic don't scare me like the Bulls did. The bulls grew before our very eyes during this playoff series (like the Hawks did last year), and were better than their record suggested at the time. I think we take this series in 6.
JCizzle
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#9 » by JCizzle » Sun May 3, 2009 7:32 pm

Ghost of the Garden wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how Tony Allen ever wound up getting a Victory Cigar. LOL

hahaha I was just thinking the same thing. I must have missed that one.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#10 » by BillessuR6 » Sun May 3, 2009 8:16 pm

Play defense! WIN!
cwas2882
General Manager
And1: 5,802

Post#11 » by cwas2882 » Sun May 3, 2009 8:52 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:I said this before we even played the first game against Chicago. We match up a whole lot better with Orlando than we did with Chi. And I wouldn't have been surprised if Chicago knocked us out, yet I would be VERY surprised if Orlando did. We match up way better with them...

Rondo just owned Rose who is way better than Alston...so he should have his way with Rafer all day long. Ray went off on Ben Gordon...imagine what he will do with JJ Reddick? JJ isnt even better than Hinrich and Lindsay Hunter...and they we're bench in Chicago. Good luck to JJ..he will need it. Paul had a rough time on Salmons, yet he still managed to AVG more points and put up better numbers in the series. Salmons is a way more complete player than Hedo is. Dude just camps around in the 3pt line all day, and his defense isn't as good as Salmons. He has height advantage on P, but he can't keep up with him..no way. Lewis and Baby will be key for us. Maybe it would be better to start Scal on Lewis? Scal has better D than Baby..If I'm Doc I consider doing this. Perk and Howard will be one for the ages IMO...two of the top 5 Centers in the league...should be good. I expect Boston to win this game...7+...

Ohh..by the way...the benches should be interesting. Our bench is deeper IMO..for a change. The only one im worried about is Pietrus. Dude is nasty and has good ass D...if we manage to get Howard in foul trouble, we would be in good shape. :)

Did you just make stuff up when comparing Salmons and Hedo?

As far as who stands behind the 3 pt line and chucks;

During the regular season Salmons and Hedo took the same percentage of jump shots. Hedo was also assisted a lot less on all of his baskets. Hedo averaged 4.9 3pt Attempts per game, Salmons (with Chicago): 4.5 During the playoffs, Hedo 2.5, Salmons 5.5

As far as Defense is concerned, Hedo had a lower opponents PER than Salmons did.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#13 » by sunshinekids99 » Sun May 3, 2009 9:12 pm

Perkins is the key to series, if he can stay out of foul trouble the C's have a good shot of winning this one. If he can't, Dwight Howard will kill the Boston Celtics.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#14 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun May 3, 2009 9:59 pm

cwas2882 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:I said this before we even played the first game against Chicago. We match up a whole lot better with Orlando than we did with Chi. And I wouldn't have been surprised if Chicago knocked us out, yet I would be VERY surprised if Orlando did. We match up way better with them...

Did you just make stuff up when comparing Salmons and Hedo?

As far as who stands behind the 3 pt line and chucks;

During the regular season Salmons and Hedo took the same percentage of jump shots. Hedo was also assisted a lot less on all of his baskets. Hedo averaged 4.9 3pt Attempts per game, Salmons (with Chicago): 4.5 During the playoffs, Hedo 2.5, Salmons 5.5

As far as Defense is concerned, Hedo had a lower opponents PER than Salmons did.

Stats aside pimp...if you think Hedo will score on Pierce like Salmons did, you on something. And what I meant with that is, Salmons has a more complete game than Hedo. He is alot better one on one. And alot better one on one defender. We just seen him 7 games, and he gave Pierce a tougher time than Kobe and Joe Johnson did last year. I think he is better than Hedo. No biggie... :)
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#15 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun May 3, 2009 10:03 pm

sunshinekids99 wrote:Perkins is the key to series, if he can stay out of foul trouble the C's have a good shot of winning this one. If he can't, Dwight Howard will kill the Boston Celtics.

IMO, Turk and Shard will be key. We know Howard will get his for them because he is too dominant. Ray will get his because they have nobody who can run around those picks with him. Rondo will get his because he is just 3 billion times better than Alston. So if Hedo can match Pierce, and Lewis can beat Baby and Scal...that would be the only way they beat us. If Pierce owns Hedo, than the chances are we win the series.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#16 » by TheOGJabroni » Sun May 3, 2009 10:15 pm

As well as Baby did last series, it is just me or does it seem like Scal would be a better matchup against Shard?
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#17 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun May 3, 2009 10:22 pm

bosFcelts wrote:As well as Baby did last series, it is just me or does it seem like Scal would be a better matchup against Shard?

Yea...Scal needs to start. Specially now that he is feeling it from the 3pt range.

SCAL=DOMINATION! :D
Setshot33
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,558

Post#18 » by Setshot33 » Sun May 3, 2009 10:57 pm

Speaking of Perk...

It appeared like he hurt his shoulder against Miller by the way he was holding it.

Anyone heard how his shoulder is?
" But the best thing to do is just win"- Red Auerbach
daboywonder2007
Junior
And1: 90

Post#19 » by daboywonder2007 » Mon May 4, 2009 12:02 am

call me crazy but i like the celts in 7. all boston needs to do is look at how detroit owned them last year in the playoffs. perkins needs to be able to play him straight up at times. no double teaming. i see rondo and ray allen outperforming the magic's backcourt. just like billups and hamilton did last year. ITS NO DIFFERENT. i see rondo having a big series against alston. look howard is gonna get his numbers. heck so will turk and shard. but i dont think its gonna be enuff. i see ray, pierce and allen all dropping 20 ppg in this series. perkins with 10 and 10. big baby im not sure whats gonna happen. look he is gonna have to work this series. tyrus is not an offensive threat. but shard will make him work on the def end. when scal and mikki moore come in. all they have to do is but a body on howard and make him work.e to avoid him getting in foul trouble. just buy perkins some time. 2 things do worry me though. 1) if jj reddick or someone off the bench actually becomes a factor and hits some shots. 2)if they run pick and rolls and perkins ends up switching off howard. big baby needs to slide over quicky so howard doesnt get these easy baskets
daboywonder2007
Junior
And1: 90

Post#20 » by daboywonder2007 » Mon May 4, 2009 12:05 am

pj brown or mcdyess would really help right now.

Return to Boston Celtics