ImageImageImage

QUESTIONABLE FOUL CALLS CONSISTENTLY HURT CELTICS

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,452

Re: QUESTIONABLE FOUL CALLS CONSISTENTLY HURT CELTICS 

Post#21 » by threrf23 » Mon May 11, 2009 7:17 pm

The officiating in the NBA is like steroids were in baseball in the 90s. Like it or not, it is what it is, and all you do is accept that the "official" rules aren't really the real rules, and you play by the real rules.

So, I guess we should ask ourselves, what can we do, if anything, to get on the officials' (or David Stern's) good side?

I understand that being a referee is tough. But some calls (especially with the lack of make up calls) are just inexcusable. Luckily, with the Donaghy situation and how the league has handled it and other claims, David Stern should be much more screwed than Bud Selig was whenever things hit the fan.
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#22 » by bruno sundov » Mon May 11, 2009 7:54 pm

The title of the thread should be, Questionable foul calsl hurt the league. That is what this junk inconsistant call is doing to the playoffs, it's making the playoffs junk.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#23 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue May 12, 2009 10:52 am

^Yep...these might be the worst playoffs overall in terms of reffing, and that's saying something!!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Cyclical
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,397

Post#24 » by Cyclical » Tue May 12, 2009 11:04 am

sully00 wrote:Well to show you how in outer feakin' space you are on that

The Cav's have attempted 94 more FT's and called for 97 less fouls than their opponent this postseason.

The Celtics have taken 26 less FTA and been called for 6 more fouls.

The Magic on the other hand have taken 42 more FTA and been called for 31 fewer fouls.

Great stat Sully. Where can you get those numbers from?
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#25 » by bruno sundov » Tue May 12, 2009 11:06 am

The Cav's have attempted 94 more FT's and called for 97 less fouls than their opponent this postseason.

The Magic on the other hand have taken 42 more FTA and been called for 31 fewer fouls.

Don't go crazy here stating facts. We don't need a riot on our hands. This board wasn't made ofr facts just opinions. :D
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#26 » by GuyClinch » Tue May 12, 2009 4:27 pm

The NBA has not cleared the sneaking suspicion that it's dirty in my mind. This is not just a case of fan bias as I don't see the same bias in either football or basketball in the NBA. While you seen blown calls there - they don't particularly seem to favour stars and seek to extend series like the NBA does.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#27 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue May 12, 2009 4:51 pm

GuyClinch wrote:The NBA has not cleared the sneaking suspicion that it's dirty in my mind. This is not just a case of fan bias as I don't see the same bias in either football or basketball in the NBA. While you seen blown calls there - they don't particularly seem to favour stars and seek to extend series like the NBA does.

Or promote favorable matchups, although the NFL has given Peyton Manning the LeBron treatment...they were desperate for him to win a title...and they succeeded eventually...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#28 » by NetsForce » Wed May 13, 2009 2:42 am

Can we change the word "hurt" to "help" in this thread title? I'm disgusted after tonight's game... Well I mean on one hand my boi Marbury put the league on notice that he's still got it but on the other hand... Come on refs...
goddago
Junior
And1: 0

Post#29 » by goddago » Wed May 13, 2009 2:49 am

MyInsatiableOne wrote:
GuyClinch wrote:The NBA has not cleared the sneaking suspicion that it's dirty in my mind. This is not just a case of fan bias as I don't see the same bias in either football or basketball in the NBA. While you seen blown calls there - they don't particularly seem to favour stars and seek to extend series like the NBA does.

Or promote favorable matchups, although the NFL has given Peyton Manning the LeBron treatment...they were desperate for him to win a title...and they succeeded eventually...

Dude? Are you on a continuous loop with the same post EVERY time. Celts shot 21 FT's vs Magic 12. How do you rationalize that? Wait, maybe the Celts were just more aggressive and the Magic were busy settling for jumpers. Take off your homered colored glasses my friend and quit listening to Heinsohn.
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 662

Post#30 » by DelMonte West » Wed May 13, 2009 2:50 am

NetsForce wrote:Can we change the word "hurt" to "help" in this thread title? I'm disgusted after tonight's game... Well I mean on one hand my boi Marbury put the league on notice that he's still got it but on the other hand... Come on refs...

:lol:

Dwight travelled feeding a teammate to a layup, which more than negates the Allen 3. Howard bumped into Perk and Perk was called for the foul. Is that all you've got?
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#31 » by NetsForce » Wed May 13, 2009 2:52 am

DelMonte West wrote:
NetsForce wrote:Can we change the word "hurt" to "help" in this thread title? I'm disgusted after tonight's game... Well I mean on one hand my boi Marbury put the league on notice that he's still got it but on the other hand... Come on refs...

:lol:

Dwight travelled feeding a teammate to a layup, which more than negates the Allen 3. Howard bumped into Perk and Perk was called for the foul. Is that all you've got?

Oh I'm not going to deny that the Magic benefit from a number of questionable calls I remember Dwight setting 3-4 illegal screens in a row in the fourth quarter and not getting anything called in his favor.

But please don't take this the wrong way... As the fan of a team who gets NO respect from ANYONE it's blatantly obvious that the refs are not out to get the Celtics and they BENEFIT from just as many questionable calls as teams like the Lakers, Magic, and Cavaliers.

It just annoys me when fans of teams that have the least right to complain about officiating act like the refs have a vendetta against them.
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#32 » by ARB729 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:03 am

a. the nets dont really deserve the respect from the officals

b. howard gets the superstar treatment, which is strange for a player that is hardly a superstar due to the fact he constantly disappears in big games

c. all the bad calls against the celtics are probably owed to us anyways

d. im a homer, and i love it. get on board or get out
formerly RedSoxFan729
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#33 » by sully00 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:06 am

Cyclical wrote:

Great stat Sully. Where can you get those numbers from?

It is just from the playoff totals on NBA.com and yes we are depending on my shaky at best math but I used a calculator.

I don't think this proves anything about a officiating besides the fact that if you think that we are getting a big hug from the Zebras your smoking something. I watched some of the Cavs those numbers seem on point they should have just gotten a couple of byes and sold tickets to LeBron taking a bath.

I thought the zebras were pretty good tonight, they still let Howard roll all over on screens and took about 5 steps on that fast break. If I was a Magic fan I would be wondering what the hell happened on Hedu's drive to the hole that he sent into the side of the backboard. But I though they did the best they could on the tough calls and got together on a lot of calls.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager

Post#34 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed May 13, 2009 11:07 am

goddago wrote:
MyInsatiableOne wrote:

Dude? Are you on a continuous loop with the same post EVERY time. Celts shot 21 FT's vs Magic 12. How do you rationalize that? Wait, maybe the Celts were just more aggressive and the Magic were busy settling for jumpers. Take off your homered colored glasses my friend and quit listening to Heinsohn.

Can you just please **** go away? STFU troll...if you honestly think the reffing is on the level for any team, you're even stupider than you already seem...

Obviously it doesn't happen EVERY game with EVERY team but there are clear-cut instances where you'd have to be an idiot (like you) *not* to see it...yes the Celtics were more aggressive last night, but there are also plenty of games where Pierce takes it to the hoop all the time and never gets a call. Consistency for both teams is all I ask for...that and to never have to encounter your idiocy again...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics