ImageImageImage

Robert Swift!

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

lojowo
Rookie
And1: 4

Re: Robert Swift! 

Post#21 » by lojowo » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:36 pm

Looks like Danny wants to save all lottery picks that didnt work out.

Could the following be walking through the Celtics door:

Luke Jackson
Rafeal Araujo
Sean May
Channing Frye
Adam Morrison
Saer Sene
Marcus Haislip

:D
recruiter
Senior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by recruiter » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:37 pm

Ainge's addiction to 7-foot stiffs takes another turn for the worse.

Time to get him back into the 12-step program.

"My name is Danny Ainge and I'm a Stiffaholic."
Lewis35
Bench Warmer

Post#23 » by Lewis35 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:40 pm

recruiter wrote:Ainge's addiction to 7-foot stiffs takes another turn for the worse.

Time to get him back into the 12-step program.

"My name is Danny Ainge and I'm a Stiffaholic."

Why are people making a bid deal about this? He is just on the SL roster, nothing more. What is the harm here?
Reggie stood out like a sore thumb no tattoos no agenda no chirping nothing Just a guy who could score at will He played college ball at Northeastern he replaced Larry as Celtics captain he belonged to Boston.
And I still miss him. Even now.

Bill Simmons
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#24 » by Tricky Ricky » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:43 pm

lojowo wrote:Looks like Danny wants to save all lottery picks that didnt work out.

Could the following be walking through the Celtics door:

Luke Jackson
Rafeal Araujo
Sean May
Channing Frye
Adam Morrison
Saer Sene
Marcus Haislip

:D

Sene made the Knicks Summer league team :D
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
Scalamental
Sixth Man
And1: 146

Post#25 » by Scalamental » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:43 pm

This falls under the "In Danny We Trust" category.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#26 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:44 pm

This makes my day. The dream is alive.

I share Danny's attachment to this kid. Most likely, he'll bust and be out of the league, kind of like the last tall white guy we brought in, Borchardt, whose initial promise had been ruined by injuries.

But Swift is a low risk, high reward guy- my sense is that he could play a role similar to the one Diop did in Dallas- a disappointment relative to initial expectations, but able to provide a big body in the paint.

He's a 7-footer, he's bulked up, and his injuries, I think, were to his ACL- he's not a guard, his game didn't depend on quickness or athleticism anyway.

You could argue that Swift and Perkins are the same player thrown into the worst possible environment and the best possible environment. Perk was overweight, they put him on JV for a year, he worked hard, the team had patience with him. I doubt Perkins would be in the league if he'd gone to Memphis or Seattle. We had the ideal organization with which to develop him.

RobSwift is already better than POB and Mikki Moore. The question is whether he stays a token 7-footer at the end of the bench or develops into a solid role-player.
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#27 » by campybatman » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:44 pm

He isn't the tattooed white center I want. But, seriously, I've no problem with this. Actually, I wouldn't mind having him actually make the final roster. Because I'm not one to give him bleep, he's still young and he's a tall center with a salvageable career. Yeah, Boston wouldn't need depth at center would they? I mean he wasn't bad when he was healthy for Seattle in like his second year. And I know this sounds cliche, but any decent big man has to be better than Moore this season. If Ainge was willing to give Pollard a contract, why not Swift?

If Ainge can sign a veteran like R. Wallace or McDyess... Then a Swift signing looks like a borderline bargain and possibly, by mid season, a steal.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,077

Post#28 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:45 pm

haha, luke jackson already ran through the door and left.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#29 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:45 pm

poop smells good!
BakersDozen
General Manager
And1: 728

Post#30 » by BakersDozen » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:48 pm

praise the Lord!
s1ickd
Veteran
And1: 247

Post#31 » by s1ickd » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:01 pm

Actually we did give Luke Jackson a try. I also think Adam Morisson is a pretty good player if he's like the 8-9th man in your rotation.
Lewis35
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by Lewis35 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:06 pm

s1ickd wrote:Actually we did give Luke Jackson a try. I also think Adam Morisson is a pretty good player if he's like the 8-9th man in your rotation.

Morrison has another year on his contact. Maybe next year Ainge will go after him?
Reggie stood out like a sore thumb no tattoos no agenda no chirping nothing Just a guy who could score at will He played college ball at Northeastern he replaced Larry as Celtics captain he belonged to Boston.
And I still miss him. Even now.

Bill Simmons
GreenGrizz
Analyst

Post#33 » by GreenGrizz » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:09 pm

Best Scenario: PJ Brown with injury-free

Worst Scenario: POB with injuries
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#34 » by sunshinekids99 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:20 pm

It's worth a shot I guess. I doubt he makes the team tho.
MVP16
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#35 » by MVP16 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:28 pm

Why not. He did average 6.4 points/5.6 rebounds/1.2 blocks in his 2nd year before he got hit by the injury bug. If he impresses in summer league, sign him to an unguaranteed training camp contract. If he impresses again there, keep him. If we sign Sheed, he is not a bad option being the 3rd string center behind Sheed/Perk. We'll probably choose one of Swift or Sweetney to offer an unguaranteed contact for training camp.
GreenDreamer
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#36 » by GreenDreamer » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:29 pm

GreenGrizz wrote:Can Clifford Ray improve him?

This is where I'm coming from on this. It isn't as if we need to have a polished big on the 15 man roster. The blown ACL really screwed this kid up, as did entering the draft right out of high school. Classic case of a guy who should have gone to school and received a top shelf education on the fundamentals of the game. If he makes the roster, which is VERY possible knowing Danny's love for this guy, that missed education could be given to Swift by Cliff. He'd be Swift's Yoda. The man saves dolphins, I think that he could save Swift.

who knows, this could be a good thing for us, looking forward. My gut says that if he actually has anything, that Danny will find a way to keep him. As we learned this season, you need depth in bigs.
Rocky5000
Analyst

Post#37 » by Rocky5000 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:34 pm

Danny dreams of the all ginger team
Delonte West
Brian Scalabrine
Matt Bonner
Robert Swift
....to be named pg

What is it with him & red heads? I don't know if there's enough room for 2 on the roster...they're known to have anger issues.
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#38 » by wigglestrue » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:34 pm

MVP16 wrote:Why not. He did average 6.4 points/5.6 rebounds/1.2 blocks in his 2nd year before he got hit by the injury bug.

Per minute he averaged about the same last season as he did in 05-06, too.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,058

Post#39 » by jfs1000d » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:35 pm

Like that hot girl in high school you wanted to bang. You show up at the reunion 10 years later and she is fat, but available.

So, you take a dive and see how it goes just to say you saw it through and tried. Perhaps she still has it with a bit of "rehab" at the gym. Then you got yourself a princess. If it doesn't work out, well you still took a shot.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,714

Post#40 » by return2glory » Wed Jul 1, 2009 8:37 pm

If he is healthy, Swift can make the team. Look at it this way, we didn't give up anyone to get him. It's still funy to me. Ainge must really like him. And he is getting a chance to get him for practically nothing.

Return to Boston Celtics