ImageImageImage

Anyone see Marbury's video chat on Ustream?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Anyone see Marbury's video chat on Ustream? 

Post#1 » by 15th overall » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:07 am

It was hilarious. He spent like an hour trying to figure out how to get his webcam to work only to give up and just answer questions with only the audio. It was on www.ustream.tv

Some notes from what I can remember:

- When asked which player he would like to play with most in the NBA he said , withoput hesitation, KG.
- Said he had a beef with Eddie during the preseason but said he loved playing with him. Praised his jumper. Said he helped him make the adjustment to coming off the bench (ie. stretching).
- Seemed genuinely humbled with the tradition of the Celts and all the banners. Said it was his favorite uniform to wear and that there was nowehere better for him to resurrect his bball career.
- Said that he went up against Giddens alot in practice and that JR (this is verbatim, here) "has D up the ass." He had a hilarious compliment to Bill Walker as well but sadly I cant remember it. I'm fairly stoned at the moment but it's pretty low grade mids so the high's far from lucid. Anyone else catch the quote?
- According to Steph, at his website you can apparently request him to show up at your house and sign autographs for free no matter where you live. The whole thing was really weird. Someone in the chatroom asked him if he would even goto Canada, to which he replied, "Hell yeah I'll goto Canada. I'm my own man, I do what I want."

That's all I can think of at the moment.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Anyone see Marbury's video chat on Ustream? 

Post#2 » by SonicYouth34 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:12 am

In summation: he loves Boston, the players and the organization. Also, the ghetto is dangerous....not sure how that came up, but it did.

I feel like I know him now, he's a cool guy. He eats McDonalds as well.

Also, he chose Tom Brady over Payton Manning...nuff said, SIGN HIM!!!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
1,2,3 Ubuntu.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#3 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:18 am

That chat was going ridiculously fast.

Lol at the people spamming him for celticsblog.
bc legends
Banned User

Post#4 » by bc legends » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:29 am

yeah i saw this too it was hilarious seeing him try to get it to work :lol:
sure wouldnt mind seeing him back in green next season :D
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#5 » by GuyClinch » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:41 am

I do hope he comes back too. Between this and the phony rumour from that ne247 guy my hopes are up. :P
Hemingway
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#6 » by Hemingway » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:45 am

At what point do we realize it is in everyone best interest if he comes back. No one is gonna let him start/treat him like a star and we need a back up point. I don't care what anyone said, he did a good job here.
bc legends
Banned User

Post#7 » by bc legends » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:48 am

Hemingway wrote:At what point do we realize it is in everyone best interest if he comes back. No one is gonna let him start/treat him like a star and we need a back up point. I don't care what anyone said, he did a good job here.

i completely agree. marbury with a training camp would help elevate our bench to a whole new level along with re-signing baby. the second unit would be a lot more versatile and able to extend leads.
hopefully the s&t with indiana will open up some more money to entice marbury to re-sign. :D
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:51 am

GuyClinch wrote:I do hope he comes back too. Between this and the phony rumour from that ne247 guy my hopes are up. :P

I don't know what happened there. Weather it was false and the shut it down, or they got too many hits and it got shut down. Because even Rotoworld reported that rumor. I had no idea nes24/7 had any credibility at all.
Jwade
Banned User

Post#9 » by Jwade » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:41 am

I got him to give a shout out to Cblog because of all of the love he has been getting from them lately.

No disrespect to realgm, but this is a general sports news website. Wouldn't exactly drive home the point. And I was just doing so at the request of some people from cblog.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,048

Post#10 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:27 am

i'd give him lle or less to be 3rd pg behind house or play with house from time to time so allen plays less mins in regular season. see if he can get his starbury back, that he had flashes of in the playoffs but overall had lost it.

if we sign and trade allen to the pacers we should have room.

pruitt isn't for sure make on the roster.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
BEASTMODE
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#11 » by BEASTMODE » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:06 am

Jwade wrote:I got him to give a shout out to Cblog because of all of the love he has been getting from them lately.

No disrespect to realgm, but this is a general sports news website. Wouldn't exactly drive home the point. And I was just doing so at the request of some people from cblog.

Good to see I'm not the only one that frequents C's Blog.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:24 am

Jwade wrote:I got him to give a shout out to Cblog because of all of the love he has been getting from them lately.

It wasn't that. Just the way it was approached made me laugh out loud

chatter1:____________CELTICS BLOG!!___________________
Chatter2: Marbury, will you ever be in a movie?
Chatter1: -------CELTICS BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!______________________
Chatter3: ANTONIE WLAKER!!!

:lol: I liked the antoine guy.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#13 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:22 pm

The chat was hilarious!! Especially when he enlisted the help of another guy to get his camera going, who then got flamed for looking like Hancock (Wil Smith's crappy movie from last year). :lol:

More highlights:
- Steph really loves Boston. Said he still wants to return, and said he's waiting for some things to happen. Then he mentioned playing overseas as well. I have a feeling that if a contract offer doesn't come from Europe, he'll be back in Boston, especially if Ainge makes the effort of keeping the bi-annual exemption open for him.
- says it's cold in the Garden, and when he wears the towel over his head, he isn't sulking. He's just trying to stay warm.
- thinks Kobe Bryant is better than Lebron James.
- his favorite thing about Boston was the crowd, especially his first game. He wasn't sure if he was going to get boo'd or how he'd be treated, but when he got that ovation, he said it felt like "a million children jumping outside of him"
- someone asked why he didn't take that shot during the Bulls series with less than 2 minutes left. He replied that he was cold because he had been sitting on the bench for over an hour. He also said that Rondo was open. Also admitted that he should have shot it. He got ragged on by his brothers for not shooting.
- said that coming off the bench was very tough for him to adjust to, but he got used to it, and feels he'll be a better player because of it.
- loves Doc Rivers
- said he saw Big Baby grow quite a bit from when he signed, all the way into the playoffs, noting that he played very well.
- suggested that if you see BBD, just say "Maybach Music". I take it that's an inside joke between the 2.
- loves twitter and Ustream because the media can't manipulate his comments.
- didn't say anything bad about Isiah.

Overall, Steph's a really cool dude. I used to think Slam Magazine was full of BS for always sticking up for the guy, calling him a nice dude, only due to a NYC bias. Now I see it though. He's a funny guy. :lol:
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#14 » by JHTruth » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Starbury is coming back, let's just face it.

Starbury was asked to save a shite bench last year. This year he's just rounding out a stacked bench.

I welcome him back..
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#15 » by 15th overall » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:25 pm

I was lovin Steph's Boston accent.

"Guy's wicked retahhded"
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
SonicYouth34
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by SonicYouth34 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:03 pm

Some quotes from his stream last night: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba,177971
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
Celtics! Horah!
1,2,3 Ubuntu.
Celtic Esquire
General Manager
And1: 3,684

Post#17 » by Celtic Esquire » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:59 pm

I want Steph back on the team just for his pure entertainment value.

Thanks to those who listened to his chat and posted for us! You guys rock!
Joekickass2008
Junior

Post#18 » by Joekickass2008 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:28 am

"That's not bling! These are angel wings around my neck!"

LMAO
All time favourite Celtics: Bill, Dave C, LARRY, Kevin, X, Reggie, Alla, Toine and Paul.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,149

Post#19 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:22 am

NEWS FLASH: Coming in 30 min from my clock to your alert. GO

44 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Latest message from Marbury. Don't know what he is talking about especially because it's been 44 minutes from when he posted it.

Something going on?
dannydd
Ballboy

Post#20 » by dannydd » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:28 am

JHTruth wrote:Starbury is coming back, let's just face it.

Starbury was asked to save a **** bench last year. This year he's just rounding out a stacked bench.

I welcome him back..

Here, Here!!
I second that.

Marbury just needs some time to actually play on the team because he never got to play with kg. also it was scramble mode because of the injury the Celtics were desperate not to lose home court.

Return to Boston Celtics