ImageImageImage

Over under on Marquis daniels signing date?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Re: Over under on Marquis daniels signing date? 

Post#21 » by Banks2Pierce » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 pm

No need to rush it. I don't mind exploring all avenues to help this roster out as much as possible. Marquis already has his uni picked out...there's no doubt he'll be here.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#22 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:17 pm

I just hope this gets done soon...every day longer it drags out makes me afraid it's less likely to happen...

Stupid TA messing things up for the C's yet again... :lol: :lol:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
chas0x01
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#23 » by chas0x01 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:20 am

End of the week and still no Daniels...
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#24 » by Spin Move » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:03 am

so its the over...
Lewis35
Bench Warmer

Post#25 » by Lewis35 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:16 pm

Daniels deal nearly done
The long wait for Marquis Daniels is nearing its end. According to sources, the Celtics expect to sign the 6-6 swingman tomorrow to a contract for the biannual exception.

The delay in getting Daniels officially into Green was caused by the team trying to work out a sign and trade that would benefit both the Celts and Indiana, the club Daniels is leaving.

The Celtics were hoping to make such a move to clear some roster space while getting Daniels more than the nearly $2 million he will get for 2009-10. Had they been able to come up with something palatable for all sides — a three-team trade was being sought — the Pacers would have been able to get something for their departing free agent.

http://bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/ce ... ion=recent
Reggie stood out like a sore thumb no tattoos no agenda no chirping nothing Just a guy who could score at will He played college ball at Northeastern he replaced Larry as Celtics captain he belonged to Boston.
And I still miss him. Even now.

Bill Simmons
Avalanche
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#26 » by Avalanche » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:09 pm

well its not ideal, as we will either have to use the MLE to sign him next season or let him go... but hes a bargain at that price

the one thing this does allow though, is Danny to explore potential deals for Scal/Tony etc during the season, especially in case of an injury (touch wood) or a found area of weakness

I would have preffered a sign and trade, and getting him for a couple of years... but still, as long as it gets done we can deal with the repercussions next season after our banner is raised :D
chas0x01
Sophomore

Post#27 » by chas0x01 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:38 pm

Well this looks like it then:

Rondo, House, ?Hudson
RA, Daniels, TA, Giddens
PP, Walker
KG, Baby, Scal
Perks, Sheed, Willians

I'm ok with this, and of course we can make a move later on. We have a real nice 9 player rotation core with House, Daniels, Baby, and Sheed being our primary bench guys. This also gives us a little bit more time to evaluate both Giddens and Walker.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#28 » by JHTruth » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:47 pm

I suppose this means Hudson will get the last roster spot and will get a long look alongside Walker. I'm still not huge on the depending on Walker and Giddens thing. I would like to see a Scal/TA trade go down for a Nocioni or something like to consolidate our roster and basically make us unbeatable. I know it is not a popular sentiment but I hate depending on guys who have never sniffed real NBA minutes when we're trying to win it all..
Zin5
Starter
And1: 328

Post#29 » by Zin5 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Even if he only ends up staying for one year due to not using the MLE on him next summer, I'm fine with the signing. Just look what we got out of Posey for a year. It's better to have him for one year than not at all, but I do hope we can retain him next summer. We're going to need an established guy like him to take pressure off of Ray and Pierce as they continue to wear down.
#loveboston
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#30 » by GuyClinch » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:52 pm

This is good news. I didn't think it was right to give up Giddens or Walker for basically nothing from the Pacers. That being said we are going to have some serious swingman glut with Walker, Allen and Giddens never getting off the bench..
Dave_From_NB
Starter
And1: 1,535

Post#31 » by Dave_From_NB » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:54 pm

lol - I wonder if it's the same source that has said on at least 3 occasions that Daniels would be signed by the end of the week(s).
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#32 » by JHTruth » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:00 pm

GuyClinch wrote:This is good news. I didn't think it was right to give up Giddens or Walker for basically nothing from the Pacers. That being said we are going to have some serious swingman glut with Walker, Allen and Giddens never getting off the bench..

Well that's why I would advocate a Giddens/TA/Scal deal for a player like Posey or Nocioni to help us consolidate our roster and get another established and effective vet to play behind Pierce and Ray..

Return to Boston Celtics