ImageImageImage

Kevin Garnett has been disrespected by NBA "fans"

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

bballcool34
General Manager
And1: 614

Re: Kevin Garnett has been disrespected by NBA "fans" 

Post#21 » by bballcool34 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:26 pm

big deal, the list is a joke anyways... Kobe isn't higher than Duncan or even Shaq IMO, although that one is debatable... shows how overrated Kobe is by the average fan.

Edit: shows how overrated both Kobe and Lebron are actually..not their actual performance, but in relation to the rest of the league..
Damn
hourockman
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#22 » by hourockman » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:54 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:If AI and TMAC being voted as starters weren't reason enough to stop letting fans vote for things....this should send a freakin alarm that fans aren't wise enough to vote on things.

there's no way KG should be behind Nash and lebron. if it werent for the lakers winning last year, KG should be 3rd behind duncan and shaq.

shaq freakin averaged over 40 ppg (or close to it) for an entire nba finals. he carried those lakers teams, and kobe with it.

fans are idiots.

Kobe was no worse than a 1b option. The word "carried" is a large exaggeration. Another superstar doesn't need to be "carried". Shaq would not have won without him either. They faced tougher opponents out West before Shaq got to the Finals and put up big numbers against defensive titans like Rik Smits and Todd MacCullough. Shaq didn't even get his first basket in Gms 3 and 7 of the 2000 WCFs until the 2nd quarters. Kobe was the one whose offense helped them scrape by on the absolute skin of their teeth in that series. All LA practically was in 2002 was Kobe and Shaq, their collapse began that season into the next. In 2003, they were at 500 by this current point in the season. In 2004, they lost.

They sometimes failed with BOTH of them. Shaq was never good enough to carry a team to the title. He always needed a superstar guard. That's not a knock, it's STANDARD. Russell, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Isiah, West, Wilt, Duncan, Shaq, and Kobe all won with ample help.
DumbyTheWizard
Starter
And1: 58

Post#23 » by DumbyTheWizard » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Duncan
Shaq
Kobe
Garnett
Lebron
Nowitzki
Kidd
Nash
Wade

I cant put Nash higher then that when he never made the finals.
Kobe>Jordan>God wrote:I'm starting to suspect that Rivers isn't even a real doctor.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#24 » by cfan79 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:09 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:To be fair, before he became a Celtic, and discounting that fanastic MVP season he had, KG was stuck on teams that would lose annually in the 1st round.

I agree, I don't get how anyone can make a case for him. Everyone thought he choked in the important games and refused to take the last shots.
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#25 » by WhateverBro » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:44 pm

cfan79 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:To be fair, before he became a Celtic, and discounting that fanastic MVP season he had, KG was stuck on teams that would lose annually in the 1st round.

I agree, I don't get how anyone can make a case for him. Everyone thought he choked in the important games and refused to take the last shots.

Lol, anyone who actually watched Minny all those years knows that Garnett was never a choker. Infact, he was the only reason a awful team like Minny has had FOUR 50+wins seasons with rosters that would lose to todays Nets.

He took that team to the playoffs eight years in a row. The only time he actually was expected to win a series he did, and took them to the WCF.
Crowley
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Crowley » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:34 pm

lol fans shouldn't vote for this....i mean do they let fans vote to see who gets inducted into the hall of fame?
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#27 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:37 pm

I think you guys are making way too big of a deal about a TNT poll.
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,243

Post#28 » by TheSheriff » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:39 am

Kobe Bryant is a great great player. But he is currently extremely overrated. He was MAYBE the best player in the league for one year, if that. First Oneal was better, then Duncan, and for the last 3 years, Lebron has been better.
Tricky Ricky
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#29 » by Tricky Ricky » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:22 pm

Al n' Perk No Layups! wrote:I think you guys are making way too big of a deal about a TNT poll.

X2 Shaq or TD should easily be #1, its not like this thing matters
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
drza
Analyst
And1: 1,852

Post#30 » by drza » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:08 am

To be equally fair, if you discount the seasons that he played with Shaq or Pau, Kobe was stuck on teams that would annually lose in the 1st round.

Or, if you subtract the seasons that Shaq played next to Penny, Kobe, Wade or LeBron, his teams weren't really that good either.

Doesn't that sound silly?

I remember when the KG criticism was that he couldn't get out of the first round. The rebuttal was that his team stunk, and he was the only reason they were even sniffing the playoffs in the first place..

In the years since then, the times that KG had anything resembling solid talent he took them further than anyone expected them to go. So the new criticism is that if you subtract any team that had a modicum of talent, then he can't get out of the first round in a stacked conference?

Sounds silly to me.
Creator of the Hoops Lab: tinyurl.com/mpo2brj
Contributor to NylonCalculusDOTcom
Contributor to TYTSports: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTbFEVCpx9shKEsZl7FcRHzpGO1dPoimk
Follow on Twitter: @ProfessorDrz
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,381

Post#31 » by tlee324 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:58 am

1. Duncan
2. O'Neal
3. Bryant
4. Garnett
5. Nash

6. Kidd
7. Pierce
8. Billups
9. Nowitski
10. James

I think the top 5 on my list is rock solid, but it does get shaky around 6 through 10. There's a lot of players out there. Iverson is one I know isn't there that well could be.

To me, James is the top all around player today, and will rank among the best all time if he continues the way he is. But right now, he hasn't really been in the league long to be in the top 5 of this specific category. He's made enough noise to get into my top ten, though. He's incredible.
|llsT oNe
Starter
And1: 165

Post#32 » by |llsT oNe » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:51 pm

The other thing is a lot of fans probably like Nash a lot more than KG
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#33 » by Hilltop » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Duncan and Shaq are interchangeable for #1, Kobe should get #3, Garnett 4, and f*ck the rest.

LeBron is an amazing talent but to put him as 2nd best of the entire decade is completely ridiculous. He hasn't been around the entire decade and he hasn't exactly achieved much yet either.

Stupid rankings.
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#34 » by MyInsatiableOne » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:38 pm

Hilltop wrote:Duncan and Shaq are interchangeable for #1, Kobe should get #3, Garnett 4, and f*ck the rest.

LeBron is an amazing talent but to put him as 2nd best of the entire decade is completely ridiculous. He hasn't been around the entire decade and he hasn't exactly achieved much yet either.

Stupid rankings.

He has an MVP, that's it...agreed, otherwise, talented as he is, he ain't done shite!
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#35 » by Hilltop » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:08 pm

Yep, and as far as "this decade" is concerned, I would probably have Dirk and Nash ahead of LeBron too. LeBron will probably top the list of the next decade, but not this one.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#36 » by sh00n » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:26 pm

KG got disrespected? Did you see where Shaq and Duncan got ranked? It should've been Shaq, Duncan, Kobe for the top 3 in that order. The rest don't even come close.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#37 » by ShowtimeFan » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Most NBA fans veiw Garnet as an arogant jerk, so he does not have a country wide fan base, he is lucky he even made the list.

He is/was a great player thought, unstoppable for most of his career, but his personality and the way he has been promoted leaves most all non-Celtic fans cold...

just my 2c..

Return to Boston Celtics