Comments on the 100 greatest list

a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#21 » by a-rod » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:26 am

mets87 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

um, we do have ways to compare players across eras. you just can't use counting stats; you have to go deeper.
modern era players blow away "old school players." babe ruth didn't have to deal with LOOGYs, scouting reports, sliders, night games, etc. that is why bonds' accomplishments are ridiculous. and if you think steroids really had that much of an effect: stop letting the media tell you what to think. do some research.

edit: wow, some of those rankings are hilarious. honus wagner at 8? great player, but...no.

thats exactly what i said i assumed you understood when i said media pressure.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#22 » by a-rod » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:34 am

mets87 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

um, we do have ways to compare players across eras. you just can't use counting stats; you have to go deeper.
modern era players blow away "old school players." babe ruth didn't have to deal with LOOGYs, scouting reports, sliders, night games, etc. that is why bonds' accomplishments are ridiculous. and if you think steroids really had that much of an effect: stop letting the media tell you what to think. do some research.

edit: wow, some of those rankings are hilarious. honus wagner at 8? great player, but...no.

regardless, you still have respect guys like bebe ruth and willie mays for being ahead of the players in their respective eras, this why i said we need 3 separated list one for the old school era, one for the modern era, and one for the steroids era(as much i hate that they were part of the
game).
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#23 » by el loco » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:27 am

Where is the list?

Return to Player Comparisons