Long term Saints and Hornets deal "a priority"

Moderator: bwgood77

2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Long term Saints and Hornets deal "a priority" 

Post#1 » by 2poor » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:13 pm

WWL.com wrote:What is the future of the Saints and Hornets as both teams are lacking long-term contracts in Louisiana?

With his official swearing in Thursday at the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District, Chairman Ron Foreman is now the man in charge of addressing those issues. "The governor has reached out and said, 'this is an important asset to our state and we're gonna work together.' This is a priority," Foreman told WWL First News.

He says the plan is to lock both teams into long-term deals and to keep them both from leaving. Foreman says, "If you start losing professional teams like the Saints and the Hornets it sends the wrong message that maybe you're not the world class city that you think you are."

Foreman says it's important to start negotiations quickly and look ten to twenty years down the road.

link

sorry naysayers...
mikegm
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#2 » by mikegm » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:36 am

Stat of the night for the win over the Mavs: 15,941 attendance - things are looking up!
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#3 » by sarah42 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:05 pm

yep, a knick fan? lol. at least its not jemini saying we don't deserve a team.

i never doubted the saints moving. football always make big money, no matter the city. but the hornets as well?

good! New Orleans is a world class city!
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father

Return to New Orleans Pelicans