Bos/Col/Stl

sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Bos/Col/Stl 

Post#1 » by sunshinekids99 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:30 pm

Alright here is my attempt to move Manny Ramirez.

Boston Gets:
Matt Holliday
Matt Herges

Boston does a pretty good job filling the void left by Ramirez. They also gain a much better defensive outfielder. The team also hopes a change of teams can help Matt Herges get back into the form of last season. Boston's lineup has no change, Holliday just fills in at the cleanup spot.

Cardinals Get:
Manny Ramirez

The Cardinals add a big bat to put behind Pujols. While defensively they obviously lose a bit in left field, they still get one of the move feared hitters in baseball. If it does not work out at the end of the season the team will get two draft picks for him.

Rockies Get:
Micheal Bowden
Brandon Moss
Chris Carter
Bryan Anderson
Jaime Garcia

The Rockies get prospects for Matt Holliday. Brandon Moss is a nice left handed outfield, who is a man without a roster spot in Boston. Micheal Bowden is rated the highest of the Sox pitchers now that Clay and Masterson have joined the big club. Chris Carter is a left handed hitter that can just mash the ball. He's another guy without a spot to be able to play on the big club. Maybe he can make it as a first baseman or left fielder, but DH maybe his only option. Bryan Anderson is out of the Cardinals orginization. He is a left handed hitting catcher.

Moss scouting report: Athletic outfielder with a very strong arm. Excellent approach at the plate - good swing with a refined power and on base ability. Hits to all fields. Slightly above average speed for a right fielder. Solid in the field. Tough competitor. Fantastic teammate and individual who takes joy in playing the game. Moss possesses a good mental approach to the game, able to evaluate his mistakes while still not harping on them. Moss began a transition to becoming a part-time 1B in late 2007, and he's handled it rather smoothly.

Bowden scouting report: Bowden is a big righty starter with a top-of-the-rotation ceiling, but likely projects as a solid third starter at the major league level. He is an advanced pitcher for his age, but still has some room for improvement. He has an arsenal of three pitches that could be big-league caliber: a 93-94 mph four-seam fastball which tops out around 95 mph, a very good 12-6 hard breaking curve, and a developing circle changeup with plus potential. His main pitch, the four-seamer, has a late, heavy sinking movement, and he generally keeps it down in the zone. Also, Bowden has a two-seamer that is a few mph off of his four-seamer with a bit more movement. His changeup sits in the low 80s, about 10 mph off of his fastball, and is very deceptive, with action moving away from lefties. His mid-70s curve is pretty sharp and he keeps hitters at bay with it. However, he can telegraph his curve on occasion. Secondary stuff is really coming along in 2008. Overall, Bowden has an excellent command of the zone. One aspect that should come with more experience is improved pitchability against advanced hitters. Delivery is somewhat unconventional, almost 3/4 style, with a leaning motion while dropping his head a bit - but he's able to maintain it throughout his outings, so the Sox won't mess with it. Bowden is said to be a workaholic and just loves to pitch - another player who just lives and dies for baseball. Very athletic.

Carter Scouting Report: Extremely intelligent, Carter is a real student of hitting, and has demonstrated success with the bat at every level. Excellent power with the potential for more. Hits for average and consistently gets on base at a very good clip. Hits lefties and righties well. Below average speed. In the field, Carter has spent much of his career at 1B but was essentially converted to a full time corner outfielder in 2008. He has always been known as a poor fielder. He has focused on his glove and footwork and has improved slightly, but still not enough. His arm may not be strong enough to play right.

Anderson Scouting Report: Anderson is a left-handed hitter with a nice swing. He has good control of the strikezone and has decent power, though he won’t be a home run hitter. He is a good defensive catcher and will start 2008 in Triple-A.

Jaime Garcia Scouting Report: Garcia is a good athlete with a plus-fastball and a plus-curveball. However, he needs to improve his command and throw less curveballs. He has had some elbow injuries.
cowboys4life
Junior
And1: 1

Re: Bos/Col/Stl 

Post#2 » by cowboys4life » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:15 pm

Its an ok trade for bostons perspective you get a left feilder who replaces manny who is awsome
but i dont like the idea of getting rid of moss i like him and he deffinatly has a bright future
Trust The Process
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#3 » by sunshinekids99 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:07 pm

I like Brandon Moss too, but I don't see him ever getting a chance to play every day in Boston. While Ramirez might be gone at the end of the season, I don't see Moss being the guy that replaces him.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#4 » by Basketball Jesus » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Holliday? Yeah, no thanks. He's a marginal hitter away from Coors.

Yes, I know he's hit well in a 13 AB in Fenway but, really, sample size folks.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#5 » by bigboy1234 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:20 pm

So the Cardinals give up 2 top 50 prospects.

In return they get to pay Manny 7M and get two draft picks (who's odds are ever being as good as Jaime or Anderson are slim) which will cost at least another 1M. So they add at least 8M and get a marginal upgrade over Skip Schumaker, who is cheap.

Honestly, not even close.

Also, I don't know if people know this but the Cardinals have the 2nd highest EQA in the majors, only behind the Rangers. They need pitching, not hitting.
Pats19andO
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Pats19andO » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:31 pm

I like it, we get Holliday for Manny and Bowden. I dont really care much for moss, i think hes the odd man out.

Return to Trades and Transactions