Brewers in need of a closer...

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#21 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:16 am

bigboy1234 wrote:Plus theres no way in hell the A's would trade Street for that, and if they would come on Cardinals.

Yeah the Brewers would do that but we have to get rid of players first. We have about 16 or 17 pitchers right now and only 12 or 13 can make the team so we have to trim some of that down.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#22 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:08 am

Too bad you have **** guys like Jeff Suppan clogging up roster spots when you have Villanueva and Parra who could both easily produce his numbers.

I'd go with Gallardo, Sheets, Villanueva, Parra, Capuano. Maybe piggyback Parra with Villanueva since neither can really throw 200 innings and place Bush in the rotatin.

Trade Vargas and Suppan. Teams love these kinds of players right around the trading deadline.

Still don't know why they got rid of Wise.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#23 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:27 am

They got rid of Wise because he's so fragile. Can't go more than 1 inning, can't pitch back to back days etc.

Suppan can't be traded without consent because his no trade clause and I doubt anybody wants him next year when his contract gets really nasty.

Villanueva can easily pitch 200 innings next year. He pitched 180+ in 2006 and over 120 last year. Ned overworked him so he lost his effectiveness though.

Parra on the other hand has never pitched 140 innings and has injury concerns so he'd need to be piggybacked with Bush.

But right now we have too much pitching (I know the cliche you can never have enough but in this case it's true) which is why I was so confused about the Estrada-Mota trade and still am. What's the point? We have guys in the minors that can do what Mota can for the minimum. I guess I can understand it because we didn't have Torres, Gagne or Riske at the time but still.

As for pitching right now.

Sheets
Gallardo
Villanueva
Suppan
Capuano
Bush
Parra
Vargas
Shouse
Gagne
Riske
Torres
Mota
Turnbow
McClung
Stetter
Bray
Pena
Dillard
Choate

Obviously some of those guys can go back to the minors but there are 16 arms there that could all make cases for being on the major league roster.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Trades and Transactions