Is CBSsports.com a fraud?

Moderator: TyCobb

feltbot
Ballboy
And1: 0

Is CBSsports.com a fraud? 

Post#1 » by feltbot » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:42 pm

I just had a trade vetoed in a CBSsports fantasy baseball league with a $100 entry fee. I received an automated notification of the veto, with no rationale provided. After contacting them to ask for a rationale, I could get nothing more than this response:

The amount of time it takes the trade commissioner to make a judgment will depend on his schedule and the number of trades he has to evaluate. If a trade is sent to the trade commissioner for evaluation and the trade later disappears from your league, the trade has been vetoed by the trade commissioner. Approved trades will appear on your league's transaction report. As per the Official Rules, the decisions of the trade commissioners are final.

Do you guys think CBSsports even has commissioners that evaluate trades? Does anyone know what their process is? Or do you think they simply rubberstamp veto trades that are voted down by the owners?

This was the trade in question: Erik Bedard + Maicer Izturis for Juan Rivera.

I would love to hear opinions of whether this trade is so unfair that it merits vetoing, and if so, WHICH SIDE is getting the worst of it?

I would also love to hear opinions of whether CBSsports is a fraud, whose "commissioners" are simply lines of code that generate automatic responses.
wut
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Is CBSsports.com a fraud? 

Post#2 » by wut » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:44 am

Pay more money and get the commissioner package. Problem solved.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Re: Is CBSsports.com a fraud? 

Post#3 » by Bac2Basics » Thu Mar 3, 2011 5:01 am

I only play in free leagues, so it's no big loss to me if something goes sideways.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville

Return to Fantasy Baseball