All 3 leagues are standard 5X5 Roto
Hitting, (BA, HR, RBI, Runs, SB)
Pitching (W, S, ERA, WHIP, K's)
All 3 are single season (non-keeper) leagues

First Team

Yahoo 12 Team Mixed 5X5 Roto
Autopicked a few days ago

As drafted:

Miguel Cabera, Matt Kemp, Jose Reyes, Brandon Phillips, Ichiro, Tommy Hanson, Carlos Santana, Corey Hart, Jonathon Papelbon, Ian Desmond, Carlos Pena, Ted Lilly, Ryan Dempster, Neil Walker, John Danks, Jorge DeLaRosa, Daniel Bard, Tyler Clippard, Juan Pierre, Ike Davis, James Loney, A. Escobar, T. Nishoka

Current Roster with trades etc.

C - Carlos Santana
1B - Miguel Cabrera
2B - Sean Rodriguez
SS - Hanley Ramirez
3B - Neil Walker
OF - Matt Kemp, Ichiro, Corey Hart
U - Ike Davis, Ian Desmond
P - Tommy Hanson, Ted Lilly, Jonathon Sanchez, Jonathon Papelbon, Ryan Dempster, Carl Pavano, Daniel Bard, John Danks
Bench - Edwin Encarnacion, Juan Pierre, Tyler Clippard, T. Nishioka, D. Aardsma

This is a little bit of a strange league, both Pujols and Hanley have been included in trades so far,

CBS 10 Team 5X5 Roto League
Drafted Earlier today
Had 2nd slot for draft

C - Mike Napoli, Carlos Ruiz
1B - Adrian Gonzalez
2B - Kelly Johnson
SS - Hanley Ramirez
3B - A-Rod
MI - Stephen Drew
CI - Ike Davis
OF - Shin-Coo Choo, Jason Hayward, Aubry Huff, Andres Torres, Justin Upton
U - Sean Rodriguez
P - Colby Lewis, Shawn Marcum, Brett Myers, Roy Oswalt, Jered Weaver, Carl Pavano, John Axford, Chris Perez, Carlos Marmol

Bench - Garrett Jones, Michael Cuddyer, Edwin Encarnacion, Travis Wood, Wade Davis, Joel Hanrahan

ESPN 10 Team 5X% Roto League
Draft Spot - 9th
Drafted Earlier Today

C - Miguel Montero
1B - Joey Votto
2B - Kelly Johnson
SS - Jose Reyes
3B - David Wright
MI - Sean Rodriguez
CI - Ike Davis
OF - Shin-Soo Choo, Jason Hayward, Brett Gardner, Drew Stubbs, Andres Torres
U - Gaby Sanchez
P - Chris Carpenter, Y. Gallardo, Matt Cain, Shawn Marcum, Brett Myers, CJ Wilson, Brian Wilson, John Axford, Huston Street

Bench - Juan Uribe, Wade Davis, Travis Wood

Looking forward to hearing your feedback
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
leafsfan89
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Rate My Teams 

Post#2 » by leafsfan89 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:26 am

Really like your 2nd and 3rd teams. 2nd team has better offence I'd say, and 3rd's got the pitching. If i had to chose, I'd say your 2nd teams the best of the three.
"Yes they deserved to die, and i hope they burn in hell!"
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#3 » by Bac2Basics » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:44 am

leafsfan89 wrote:Really like your 2nd and 3rd teams. 2nd team has better offence I'd say, and 3rd's got the pitching. If i had to chose, I'd say your 2nd teams the best of the three.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the way my ESPN & CBS teams turned out, any suggestions on how to boost the Yahoo team?
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#4 » by Bac2Basics » Tue Apr 5, 2011 5:35 am

anyone else?
~ Herman Melville
yanksknicks101
Veteran
And1: 262

Post#5 » by yanksknicks101 » Tue Apr 5, 2011 1:16 pm

You sure do have a mancrush on sean rodriguez that much is certain. Could pay dividends now with
Longo out for a bit.

Yahoo: I personally don't like drafting bench positional players. There are only two ways where I can even consider having at least one bench positional player. First way, as a fill-in on days where others have day off, he has to have multiple positions ala Wiggington. Second way, if your team is built for speed, have a power bench player and vice versa and swap him in as needed but i digress. Outside of Miguel and Hanley, your power source is questionable. First off, Hart is injured and if he wasn't, I am doubtful he will repeat last years #'s. You are banking on a bounce back from Kemp and I am as well, he's the wild card. You should have gone with more power in the util spot cause having desmond there doesn't suit you. You did say you traded for hanley so i can understand you having Desmond there but i think it is in your best interest to trade him for someone with power. With Ichiro on board, you can even afford a low BA, High power type of guy. Have you thought of picking up a temp closer till Aardsma comes back? you have two at the moment and Aarsdma is out. Overall, this team has a lot of question marks cause you took to many prospects.

CBS: Love the offense on this team. You have Adrian, Arod and Hanley for power (speed as well for hanley), a balanced attack with Choo, Hayward and Justin. Even your questionable people have a chance to produce. (I'm not as firm as a believer in Ike Davis as you seem to be, but i don't doubt 20 hrs from him, i would go with a Laroche type myself). You also have vets with decent floors like Kelly Johnson, great offense. Good pitching as well but Pavano's year is looking more and more like a fluke, granted he has been dealt a bad hand for his matchups the first 2 outings. Marcum, Oswalt, and Weaver will carry you in pitching.

Espn: Offense is not as good as CBS, but not bad. You have a chance to profit from Reyes, but he is much to risky for my blood. With that said about your offense, it is great considering the pitching you got. Sometimes people don't have a great offense cause they get pitching and vice versa. On this team, you struck a nice a balance. Your front of the line starters are very good. I would maybe look into maybe trading Carpenter and Gallardo cause with Carpenter, injury is always a concern and despite being a great pitcher last year, he did decline (although i'll take his decline over 80 percent of the pitchers out there). Gallardo is a flashy pitcher, and a bit wild so his era and whip will be a tad high considering where he is going in drafts. I sold high on him after his start and bought low on Ubaldo after his first start and thumb scare, perhaps try something similar?

Yes, I understand how much this board sucks with replies. Everyone is a window shopper but not a buyer
colon jello
Ballboy

Post#6 » by colon jello » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 pm

I was wondering what someone would rate my team. Any feedback would be appreciated :D . I am in a 12 team H2H league and currently I am absolutely destroying it.

C - Posey
1B - Pujols
2B - Raburn/Maicer Izturis***
SS - Castro
3B - Bautista
OF - Kubel
OF - Tabata
OF - Fuld
Util- Ortiz
Util- Ross/Aybar***

SP - Price
SP - Weaver
RP - Soria
RP - Wilson
P - Chapman
P - Madson
P - Mariano Rivera
P - Romo
BN - Edwin Jackson
BN - Drabek
BN - Esmil Rogers
DL - Cueto

*** 2 guys on offense have to be benched every night. 5 bench spots combine both hitters and pitchers... right now I'm using 2 on hitters and 3 on pitchers.

Does anybody think that Cody Ross is the better fantasy player long-term compared to Erik Aybar? Or should I just stick with both for now? The same question goes with Raburn and Izturis...

Being in such a deep league, I find it hard trying to manage an offense with so many bats because you're bound to be losing stats from players that are on the bench. That's why I set up my pitching to be a bit deeper in numbers than my hitting. Feel free to rate and comment on my team, I'd really like to hear what some people think of it, what I should do moving forward in order to stay at the top of this league. Thanks.
yanksknicks101
Veteran
And1: 262

Post#7 » by yanksknicks101 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:50 am

colon jello wrote:I was wondering what someone would rate my team. Any feedback would be appreciated :D . I am in a 12 team H2H league and currently I am absolutely destroying it.

C - Posey
1B - Pujols
2B - Raburn/Maicer Izturis***
SS - Castro
3B - Bautista
OF - Kubel
OF - Tabata
OF - Fuld
Util- Ortiz
Util- Ross/Aybar***

SP - Price
SP - Weaver
RP - Soria
RP - Wilson
P - Chapman
P - Madson
P - Mariano Rivera
P - Romo
BN - Edwin Jackson
BN - Drabek
BN - Esmil Rogers
DL - Cueto

*** 2 guys on offense have to be benched every night. 5 bench spots combine both hitters and pitchers... right now I'm using 2 on hitters and 3 on pitchers.

Does anybody think that Cody Ross is the better fantasy player long-term compared to Erik Aybar? Or should I just stick with both for now? The same question goes with Raburn and Izturis...

Being in such a deep league, I find it hard trying to manage an offense with so many bats because you're bound to be losing stats from players that are on the bench. That's why I set up my pitching to be a bit deeper in numbers than my hitting. Feel free to rate and comment on my team, I'd really like to hear what some people think of it, what I should do moving forward in order to stay at the top of this league. Thanks.

so you post in somebody elses rate my team thread, ask for your team to be rated but you don't have the common courtesy to rate the op's thread that you are hijacking? :roll:
colon jello
Ballboy

Post#8 » by colon jello » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Well to be honest, I think you fully rated the OP's team thank you very much--- almost as if it was your part-time job or something, very thoroughly I might I add as well.... What can I say about the OP team that hasn't been stated as obvious already... His ESPN team is by far his best rated one and everyone has said that already. This thread is over a month old! Give me a break dude!

I'm hijacking this thread by not commenting on what you've talked about already at great lengths (The OP's team)? Lol wow, now I know why I don't frequent these boards that much.. (because of the nerds like you!)

Was your last post at all necessary? I mean come on, you're being quite the hypocrite by not rating my team RIGHT NOW but feel the need to make your voice still heard in this thread... I suggest you start off your day on decaf tomorrow my friend! You sound like the biggest loser I've ever heard, its sunny outside, go out and enjoy the weather... (and rate my team if you happen to get the chance of contributing another post in this thread :thumbsup:)

Return to Fantasy Baseball