Keeper auction leauge question

Moderator: TyCobb

+BucksFuture
Freshman
And1: 0

Keeper auction leauge question 

Post#1 » by +BucksFuture » Sun Mar 6, 2011 4:33 am

So I have to decide on my keeper by next weekend. cant decide on carlos gonazalex at $11 or jason hayward for $13 obviously CarGo is a crazy good deal seeing as he is a top 10 player questionably. but hayward is real young and would be a great building block on my team i think. I htink this year he will go up in price and im not sure i should be 100% sold on CarGo.

Opinions??
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Re: Keeper auction leauge question 

Post#2 » by bigboy1234 » Sun Mar 6, 2011 4:55 pm

You only get one keeper?

I'd go with Gonzalez as I consider him a top-3 keeper.

In his last 868 PA he has put up a .338 AVG 47 HR 37 SB, and he does it in a high run environment so that is going to help his R and RBI even more. Then in addition to that in his last 248 PA he has 1.192 OPS.
+BucksFuture
Freshman

Post#3 » by +BucksFuture » Mon Mar 7, 2011 6:37 am

or would you make a move for justin upton...i think that he is a bit younger and may have more long term keeper potential. I dont know if everyone is high on CarGo after one good year is necc. a good thing.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#4 » by bigboy1234 » Mon Mar 7, 2011 2:52 pm

I do have Upton as a better fantasy keeper than Heyward, but still very slightly behind Gonzalez. I think the only debate with CarGo in fantasy keeper leagues are the two SS because of position scarcity.

Upton and Heyward do have better pedigrees than Gonzalez, although Gonzalez was once thought of as an elite prospect too. Heyward is probably a better real life player than fantasy, he doesn't get a ton of HR and isn't going to steal many bases, although obviously his power could come with his huge frame. But in those last 248 PA for CarGo he only hit one less HR than Heyward did all season.
leeyn
Ballboy

Post#5 » by leeyn » Tue Apr 5, 2011 9:50 am

..i think that he is a bit younger and may have more long term keeper potential.。。。。。。。。
Huuminh
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#6 » by Huuminh » Tue Sep 6, 2011 11:44 am

In our auction keeper league, when they get dropped, the FAAB value becomes their new salayr. However, their keeper status stays with them, so their contract year doesn't get reset unless they are dropped at the end of the season.

Return to Fantasy Baseball