ImageImageImage

MLB.com podcast interview with Braves' GM AA

Moderator: HMFFL

TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#1 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:20 pm

It's a Great interview and I encourage everyone to listen. They discuss AA's personal life, career and some free-agent recruiting techniques and how he plans to get the Braves back into the playoffs.

https://www.mlb.com/news/anthopoulos-joins-executive-access-podcast/c-268494986

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#2 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:25 pm

After listening to this, knowing the connection between the two and reading the "tea leaves", I am 1,000% sure AA is going to put a full court press on Donaldson in free agency! We may not get him but it won't be for a lack of trying. I also read somewhere today that we should trade Ender. If you do that (depending on the return) and move Acuna to CF (to maximize his defensive value) then you'd think you'd add an extra hole to fill (RF with Markakis leaving and LF if you trade Ender) but I read another report that Dustin Peterson is making a push to make the roster sooner rather than later so that would leave only RF and catcher as holes after this season in this scenario but if Alex Jackson continues his progression at this rate and can play catcher then I think it's reasonable to ask Flowers to back him up and tutor Jackson, I think at this point in his career Flowers would be open to it and certainly be a professional about the situation. That would only leave RF open once again depending on what you get back IF you trade Ender. Would you rather keep Ender and have to fill more holes or roll the dice on trading him at his highest possible value? I love Ender to death but it's just food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: MLB.com podcast interview with Braves' GM AA 

Post#3 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:19 am

Keep Ender.

Return to Atlanta Braves