ImageImageImageImage

Prospect and Minor League Discussion

Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#61 » by Chach » Thu May 3, 2007 12:12 am

Heard a rumor that he was put on the DL so that might explain some of his early season struggles. Buchholz and Bowden are the two top tier starting pitchers, everyone else is not far enough along in their development to be counted on for much. And considering that most of them are playing in High A which is horrible for pitchers, who knows what's going to happen. mahalo
~Chach~
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#62 » by Bleeding Green » Thu May 3, 2007 3:23 am

Dan Bard is a total project right now. I wouldn't put him up with the other Bs. He's years away and I doubt he's got about as much control as Jason Neighborgall right now. He was put on the 10-day DL due to psychological problems.

Jon Lester needs a lot more time in AAA I think. His command just isn't very good. There are a couple guys in AAA who should get the call before him. Namely, Hansack, Pauley, and Gabbard.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#63 » by Bleeding Green » Fri May 4, 2007 5:28 am

Bubba OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON Bell: 3-4, HR, 3B, 2 SB, BB.

He's just unbelievable. I know he plays in the most ridiculous park in the universe, but this game isn't even in Lancaster. It's time to see what he can do in Portland, I think. Hopefully sometime soon.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Markos
Starter
And1: 0

Post#64 » by Markos » Fri May 4, 2007 8:37 pm

Ellsbury was promoted to AAA
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by Bleeding Green » Sat May 5, 2007 3:06 am

And freaking Bubba Bell gets the shaft as Jay Johnson is promoted to AA.

Lancaster's game was postponed to high winds. Ridiculous.
HeelSox
Bench Warmer

Post#66 » by HeelSox » Sat May 5, 2007 3:31 pm

Ellsbury in his Debut for Pawtucket went 1-4 with 2 walks and 2 runs.
"The guy is an idiot," Pedroia said regarding Cabrera. "I dropped my bat. It kind of freaked me out. I was upset they took him out of the game. He is good to hit. He's 9-15. The guy [stinks]."
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by Bleeding Green » Mon May 7, 2007 3:17 am

Buchholz decided to give the Eastern League a little help. I think he's just teasing them, though: 5 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 8 K.

Bowden similarly decided to let the league have a sniff of relative success against him: 6 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K.

Two off-days for the two best pitching prospects in the system.

Brandon Moss continues to amaze. 3-5 with a double. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that he could conceivably be a full time starter in Boston. He's putting up eerily similar numbers to Trot Nixon, except I don't think Moss is going to be a platoon player.
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#68 » by The Rondo Show » Mon May 7, 2007 1:32 pm

Buchholz now with a 35/3 K/BB ratio- ridiculous.
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by Chach » Mon May 7, 2007 2:40 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Buchholz decided to give the Eastern League a little help. I think he's just teasing them, though: 5 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 8 K.

Bowden similarly decided to let the league have a sniff of relative success against him: 6 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K.

Two off-days for the two best pitching prospects in the system.

Brandon Moss continues to amaze. 3-5 with a double. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that he could conceivably be a full time starter in Boston. He's putting up eerily similar numbers to Trot Nixon, except I don't think Moss is going to be a platoon player.

Moss could put up Trot type numbers and play for another team but Boston he will not. Maybe as a 4th/5th OF type but he seems like trade bait to me. Manny is still here for another two years, Drew is here long-term, WMP is the immediate replacement if one of them gets hurt, and Coco is on his way out of here as soon as Ellsbury is ready. I can't see Moss breaking in as a starter. mahalo
~Chach~
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by Bleeding Green » Tue May 8, 2007 3:53 am

Manny has options that haven't been picked up yet. For all we know, he could be gone after this year.

If Moss puts up this type of production for the full year, I have to think they look hard at him in LF and then they let Manny go and spend the 18-ish million dollars they just saved on something else.

Crisp is signed until 2009 and Ellsbury is basically ready like right now, so I don't think he's out of town. I think Ellsbury would fetch more in a trade, so maybe they'd go that route.

Speaking of Ellsbury, he just went 2-4 with 2 steals and a CS.

Daniel Haigwood made his first appearance today. 4 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K.
HeelSox
Bench Warmer

Post#71 » by HeelSox » Tue May 8, 2007 1:44 pm

Ellsbury is pretty much going to bend over any league he plays in...he's that good.
"The guy is an idiot," Pedroia said regarding Cabrera. "I dropped my bat. It kind of freaked me out. I was upset they took him out of the game. He is good to hit. He's 9-15. The guy [stinks]."
alwayslovetheceltics
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#72 » by alwayslovetheceltics » Tue May 8, 2007 6:29 pm

if ellsbury keeps playing like this, a potential call up this YEAR?
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#73 » by Basketball Jesus » Tue May 8, 2007 6:45 pm

No reason to. He
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by Chach » Tue May 8, 2007 8:31 pm

Exactly, he MAY get called up in September like Pedroia but I can't see that happening unless someone gets hurt.

Here's my problem with Moss BG. He's had one season with an OPS over .800 and that was his "breakout" year. I drank the Kool-Aid after 2004 and was disappointed in 2005. But he was rushed so I gave him a pass then but then he only made minor improvements at AA. He cut his K rate a bit and walked a handful of times more in about the same number of ABs but his power dropped a bit and I remember him having a dismal stretch mid-season. He was also 22 so while he was young, he wasn't really young for the league like he was when he was first rushed to Portland. So he's playing well now, has a good average and taking ALOT more walks but striking out a bit too much still for my tastes. I think his power is going to regress a bit, I can't see him putting up a .280 ISOPower, ESPECIALLY when I don't think he's ever put up a .200 before in his career. If he regresses a bit but puts up one in the .220-.250 range, he might fly in the big leagues but I am just curious, which Brandon Moss are we getting, 2004 and 2007 Moss or 2005 and 2006 Moss? mahalo
~Chach~
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by Chach » Wed May 9, 2007 12:11 am

Clay Buchholz is having a better season thus far than Philip Hughes did last season at AA. FACT. mahalo
~Chach~
BS007
Banned User

Post#76 » by BS007 » Fri May 11, 2007 4:45 pm

Red Sox outfield prospect Jacoby Ellsbury was promoted to the Triple-A Pawtucket Red Sox from the Double-A Portland Sea Dogs, and will start in center field for the PawSox tonight, according to the PawSox website. The PawSox host the Indianapolis Indians at 7:05 p.m. at McCoy Stadium.

Last night, in the Sea Dogs' 7-3 loss to Bowie, Ellsbury extended his hitting streak to 15 games, going 2 for 4, scoring twice, and stealing his eighth base of the season.

Ellsbury's .452 average is the highest in the minor leagues. And while he has yet to hit a home run, he had still managed to post a .653 slugging percentage to go along with a .512 on-base percentage.
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by Chach » Fri May 11, 2007 8:53 pm

Ellsbury's been in Pawtucket for about a week now. mahalo
~Chach~
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#78 » by The Rondo Show » Fri May 11, 2007 9:57 pm

Are you all ready to jerk off to some nice Clayboy in 10 minutes? I sure am. Anything less than 7 IP, 4 hits, 0 walks, 9 K's and 1 run is unacceptable.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by Bleeding Green » Fri May 11, 2007 11:40 pm

He already has 9 K through 4 IP.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by Bleeding Green » Sat May 12, 2007 1:23 am

Ah, make that 6.2 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 11 K for Buchholz.

Philip who? He could be among the top 2 pitching prospects in baseball at the end of the season when Lincecum, Hughes, and Gallardo are all in the majors.

Return to Boston Red Sox