Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Jonathan Papelbon appreciation thread 

Post#1 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:28 pm

https://twitter.com/#!/JSalisburyCSN/st ... 6478467072

He's off to Philly, reportedly.

I'll miss him. Feels like yesterday he was a hot prospect coming up and was converted to a closer. Then he just blew up, becoming a huge figure in this town. Every die hard loved his arm, every pink hat loved to butcher his name.

Thanks Pap. 1. for all the great red sox memories, 2. for not going to the yankees.
Joselo16
Veteran
And1: 16

Re: Jonathan Papelbon appreciation thread 

Post#2 » by Joselo16 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Loved Paps, but he just wasn't as automatic as he used to be these last two seasons, still great though. Guess this auto promotes Bard to closer, who is still somewhat of an unknown, especially after faltering at the end of last season. Who sets up, Jenks? More importantly, who's our manager?! Man what a shakeup after the collapse!
You have just been Perk'd!!!
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Dirty Water » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Wrong. Papelbon had a great 2011, don't let a couple games in September blur your vision. Props to him having a great bounce back year and shutting up the big doubters. Deserves a big payday. Would have been silly for Sox to spend that insane money on retaining him. I wish him the best with the Phillies.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#4 » by TNBT » Mon Jan 9, 2012 8:22 am

Regardless of how you view his performances last season, there is no denying that he contributed a hell of a lot to this team over the years. I would have loved to see him stay, but I'm glad we didn't try and out-bid Philly for him. Replacing him with Bailey is a good move and helps us get younger.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,243

Post#5 » by thesack12 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:36 pm

When Pap came in it was pretty much lights out. It was nice to have that luxury.

He will be missed for sure.

Return to Boston Red Sox