Image Image Image Image

Sammy's 600th

Were you happy he hit his 600th against the Cubs?

Total votes: 0

treyZz
Banned User
And1: 0

Sammy's 600th 

Post#1 » by treyZz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:15 am

Were you happy it was against the Cubs?

I'm not going to lie.. I was actually watching the Real World instead of the game at the time, but flipped back and saw him celebrating. So I'm kinda pissed I didn't see it live. :banghead: :banghead:

Anyways, were you glad it was against the Cubbies? I found it fitting & was glad it was against us and not anyone else.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#2 » by SportsWorld » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:25 am

I am going to say I didn't care. I loved Sammy when he was with us from 1998-2004. He was the reason I watched Cubs games even when they sucked. He brought a lot of joy to us Cubs fans for a long time. He brought us to the playoffs 2 years out of 7 which is foreign for us Cubs fans.
I hated the way it ended.
Sammy has become self-absorbent in my opinion. He only cares about himself.
He proved it during the post game interview yesterday.
"I think 600 home runs deserves a place in the Hall Of Fame" he said.
Truthfully who cares Sammy.
If anyone deserves a spot in the HOF it should be Pete Rose.
sideshowking24
Junior

Post#3 » by sideshowking24 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:36 am

I wasn't really happy/sad that he hit it against the Cubs, I just thought it was kinda cool that he did since that was the only team he had never homered against.

But SportsWorld, thats kinda how I feel about Sammy. I am not a Cubs fan, I just wandered into this forum to see what Cubs fans were saying about 600. I'm a Rangers fan but through WGN I watched a lot of Cubs games from 98 - 04 and it was probably mostly because Sammy was there plus the fact that they lost and lost often, I liked to see them do well when they did turn it around at times.
Anyways, watching it from a distance, it did suck the way it ended and it probably sucked worse for diehard Cub fans.
I always gave him the benefit of the doubt when people started saying he was self-absorbent, although I could see where they were getting it from but as an outsider, I didn't really have the whole story. That statement about the HOF is definitely self-absorbent.
In Texas, all of the sports reporters are raving at how Sammy has just been "trying to be one of the guys" since he got to the Rangers. They're saying that everyone in the Ranger clubhouse has loved the way how he has came here and just tried to fit in. And as a fan, I kinda see that image too.
So I guess what I'm sayin is, I still don't get it. Who is the real Sammy?
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#4 » by 2poor » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:28 pm

I saw it and I didn't care. I lost interest in HR totals awhile back, and there is no doubt in my mind that Sammy's HR totals are inflated. The HR just overshadowed an otherwise miserable series for Sammy for the most part.

I guess I am happy in so much that I'm sure Sammy and his family were happy that he hit it against the Cubs, and also that he hit it into the Rangers' bullpen so the ball was easily retrieved. In short, for as much as I dislike Sammy now because of the way things ended, I still appreciate what he did for the Cubs and for the city of Chicago, so for that I wish him and his family the best. I respect the fact that he made a comeback and is seemingly "playing it clean" right now, instead of going out with a completely tainted legacy a la McGwire.
worthless.
Banned User

Post#5 » by worthless. » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:02 pm

Who gives a dog's poop? Sammy rocked when he was with the Cubs but forget about him..
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#6 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:49 am

What happened on The Real World? I've been so out of it...
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Howling Mad
General Manager
And1: 585

Post#7 » by Howling Mad » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:04 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:What happened on The Real World? I've been so out of it...

I'm guessing you voted... "Didn't care"???

Anywho, Sammy well done 'ol pal! The irony(against his old team and against his old number Marquis21), the spectacle, all the non-hype, then the well deserved celebration. Your right treyZz, it was fitting; it was a good way for the Chicago Cubs to share in the celebration. I didn't take any offense to it as a Cub fan, I liked every minute of it. I thank Sammy for all those homeruns when we were losing close to-triple digit games.

That moment was my closure.

Bye Bye Sammy! ...all is forgiven

:wave:
treyZz
Banned User

Post#8 » by treyZz » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:06 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:What happened on The Real World? I've been so out of it...

Irulan got in a fight with Frank, because Frank spit water on her. They fought - Frank got drunk banged some girl & broke some stuff.

Arissa got pissed at all the broken stuff & threatned to leave.. Followed by Irulan threatning to leave as well

Both stopped being drama queens and decided to stay.

And Trishelle & the cast celebrated her movie debut.

Solid episode.
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#9 » by 2poor » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:51 pm

treyZz wrote:Irulan got in a fight with Frank, because Frank spit water on her. They fought - Frank got drunk banged some girl & broke some stuff.

Arissa got pissed at all the broken stuff & threatned to leave.. Followed by Irulan threatning to leave as well

Both stopped being drama queens and decided to stay.

And Trishelle & the cast celebrated her movie debut.

Solid episode.

:nonono: :lol:
Triple_6_Mafia
Banned User

Post#10 » by Triple_6_Mafia » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:39 pm

I always liked Sammy, he was a good guy steriods or not, and you can't take that away from him.

He got turned into a scapegoat by most cub fans becuase of a underwhellming team.
treyZz
Banned User

Post#11 » by treyZz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:03 am

2poor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:nonono: :lol:

:nod: :lol:

Return to Chicago Cubs