Image Image Image Image

Brewers @ Cubs [04/23/07] Game Thread (Game 19 of 162)

SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#141 » by SportsWorld » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:32 am

Alfonso has not shown me anything out of the ordinary.
HUGE Waste of money so far
treyZz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#142 » by treyZz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:17 am

Jones at bat in the 9th was so ridiculously bad.

I just remembered something..

If DLee wouldn't have been caught stealing 3rd early in the game when ARam hit the HR.. Cubs would have won. Not blaming it on DLee, but my god can something go this teams way? And DLee was actually safe on the play too.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#143 » by trwi7 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:19 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:Well, fun game. That wasn't a strike, but here's to tomorrow

You know it's where the ball is when it's crossing the plate not where the catcher catches it.

That was a strike, it crossed knee high on the outside corner. It was a slider with a lot of late break which made it look like it was a ball.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#144 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:18 am

trwi7 wrote:You know it's where the ball is when it's crossing the plate not where the catcher catches it.

That was a strike, it crossed knee high on the outside corner. It was a slider with a lot of late break which made it look like it was a ball.

I am aware that it's when it crosses the plate, but it looked just off the corner to me, or even if it nicked the corner, still crossed the plate lower than DeRosa's knee. But, whatever, I know Cubs fans are upset over this one, but this still is a very good squad they have on the North side, and tomorrow will be extremely interesting to see how they work pitchers.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#145 » by 2poor » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:43 pm

Now, now, let us not despair.

I will make a glorious game thread for tonight's game and both Lee and Soriano will hit their first homers of the year.

Cubs will win.

All will be grand.

:hug:

Return to Chicago Cubs